Affiliation: Universitat de les Illes Balears
- Sureda A, Bibiloni M, Julibert A, Bouzas C, Argelich E, Llompart I, et al. Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet and Inflammatory Markers. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Low adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern (MDP) is directly associated with a worse profile of plasmatic inflammation markers. ..
- Busquets Cortés C, Capó X, Martorell M, Tur J, Sureda A, Pons A. Training and acute exercise modulates mitochondrial dynamics in football players' blood mononuclear cells. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2017;117:1977-1987 pubmed publisher..Acute exercise may act as an inducer of mitochondrial biogenesis through NF-?B activation and PGC1? gene expression. ..
- Sureda A, Mestre Alfaro A, Banquells M, Riera J, Drobnic F, Camps J, et al. Exercise in a hot environment influences plasma anti-inflammatory and antioxidant status in well-trained athletes. J Therm Biol. 2015;47:91-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that environmental temperature needs to be taken into account when evaluating exercise-related oxidative stress and inflammation. ..
- Bibiloni M, Julibert A, Argelich E, Aparicio Ugarriza R, Palacios G, Pons A, et al. Western and Mediterranean Dietary Patterns and Physical Activity and Fitness among Spanish Older Adults. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..WDP is associated with slower gait speed and lower body strength, agility and aerobic endurance. MDP has protective effect on healthy physical fitness, and WDP may be a contributor to frailty. ..
- Bibiloni M, GonzÃ¡lez M, Julibert A, Llompart I, Pons A, Tur J. Ten-Year Trends (1999-2010) of Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet among the Balearic Islands' Adult Population. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The adherence to the MDP has been stabilized and slightly recovered among the Balearic Islands' adult population in the last decade. ..