Affiliation: Universitat de les Illes Balears
- The young, the weak and the sick: evidence of natural selection by predationMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Department of Biodiversity and Conservation, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Esporles, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e9774. 2010..This article provides a reliable example of how natural selection may operate in the wild and proves that predators mainly prey on substandard individuals...
- Comparing demographic parameters for philopatric and immigrant individuals in a long-lived bird adapted to unstable habitatsDaniel Oro
Population Ecology Group, IMEDEA, CSIC UIB, 21 Miquel Marques, 07190 Esporles, Spain
Oecologia 165:935-45. 2011....
- Population structure and dispersal patterns within and between Atlantic and Mediterranean populations of a large-range pelagic seabirdMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e70711. 2013..Given our results we recommend gathering more data before concluded whether these taxa should be treated as two species or subspecies. ..
- Contrasting effects of climatic variability on the demography of a trans-equatorial migratory seabirdMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marqués, 21, 07190, Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
J Anim Ecol 82:121-30. 2013....
- Exploiting uncertain ecological fieldwork data with multi-event capture--recapture modelling: an example with bird sex assignmentMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
J Anim Ecol 81:970-7. 2012....
- Genetic and phenotypic differentiation between the critically endangered Balearic shearwater and neighboring colonies of its sibling speciesMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marque s 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
J Hered 103:330-41. 2012..We suggest that these 2 young shearwater species could have been involved in processes of divergence and admixing. However, due to the longer coalescence times in nuclear markers, incomplete lineage sorting cannot be ruled out...
- Digit length may reveal unusual breeding behaviour in a seabirdMeritxell Genovart
Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marques 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
Biol Lett 4:461-4. 2008..Moreover, these results may offer practical use in wild populations to study the implications of the changes in prenatal environment for adult social behaviour...
- Studying the reproductive skipping behavior in long-lived birds by adding nest inspection to individual-based dataAna Sanz-Aguilar
Population Ecology Group, Instituto Mediterraneo de Estudios Avanzados, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marques 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
Ecol Appl 21:555-64. 2011..Our approach also provides a new and flexible way to test hypotheses on temporal emigration and breeding dispersal in longitudinal data...
- Determinants of extinction-colonization dynamics in Mediterranean butterflies: the role of landscape, climate and local habitat featuresAlbert Fernández-Chacón
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats CSIC UIB, Miquel Marques 21, Esporles, 07190, Spain
J Anim Ecol 83:276-85. 2014..Our models predicted higher sensitivity of the butterfly assemblages to deterministic changes in habitat features rather than to stochastic weather patterns, with some relationships being clearly dependent on the species' traits. ..
- Influence of density dependence on predator-prey seabird interactions at large spatio-temporal scalesDaniel Oro
IMEDEA CSIC UIB Miquel Marquès 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
Proc Biol Sci 273:379-83. 2006..Allee effects and density dependence occurred across a broad range of population sizes of both the prey and the predator at several local populations facing different ecological environments...