Affiliation: Universitat de les Illes Balears
- The young, the weak and the sick: evidence of natural selection by predationMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Department of Biodiversity and Conservation, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Esporles, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e9774. 2010..This article provides a reliable example of how natural selection may operate in the wild and proves that predators mainly prey on substandard individuals...
- Comparing demographic parameters for philopatric and immigrant individuals in a long-lived bird adapted to unstable habitatsDaniel Oro
Population Ecology Group, IMEDEA, CSIC UIB, 21 Miquel Marques, 07190 Esporles, Spain
Oecologia 165:935-45. 2011....
- Contrasting effects of climatic variability on the demography of a trans-equatorial migratory seabirdMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marqués, 21, 07190, Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
J Anim Ecol 82:121-30. 2013....
- Exploiting uncertain ecological fieldwork data with multi-event capture--recapture modelling: an example with bird sex assignmentMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
J Anim Ecol 81:970-7. 2012....
- Genetic and phenotypic differentiation between the critically endangered Balearic shearwater and neighboring colonies of its sibling speciesMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marque s 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
J Hered 103:330-41. 2012..We suggest that these 2 young shearwater species could have been involved in processes of divergence and admixing. However, due to the longer coalescence times in nuclear markers, incomplete lineage sorting cannot be ruled out...
- Digit length may reveal unusual breeding behaviour in a seabirdMeritxell Genovart
Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marques 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
Biol Lett 4:461-4. 2008..Moreover, these results may offer practical use in wild populations to study the implications of the changes in prenatal environment for adult social behaviour...
- Studying the reproductive skipping behavior in long-lived birds by adding nest inspection to individual-based dataAna Sanz-Aguilar
Population Ecology Group, Instituto Mediterraneo de Estudios Avanzados, IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Miquel Marques 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
Ecol Appl 21:555-64. 2011..Our approach also provides a new and flexible way to test hypotheses on temporal emigration and breeding dispersal in longitudinal data...
- Influence of density dependence on predator-prey seabird interactions at large spatio-temporal scalesDaniel Oro
IMEDEA CSIC UIB Miquel Marquès 21, 07190 Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
Proc Biol Sci 273:379-83. 2006..Allee effects and density dependence occurred across a broad range of population sizes of both the prey and the predator at several local populations facing different ecological environments...
- Population Structure and Dispersal Patterns within and between Atlantic and Mediterranean Populations of a Large-Range Pelagic SeabirdMeritxell Genovart
Population Ecology Group, Institut Mediterrani d Estudis Avançats IMEDEA CSIC UIB, Esporles, Mallorca, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e70711. 2013..Given our results we recommend gathering more data before concluded whether these taxa should be treated as two species or subspecies. ..