Affiliation: Universitat de Barcelona
- Disability-adjusted-life-years losses in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: a burden of illness studyJosep Darba
Department of Economics, Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal 690, 08034, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Public Health 15:324. 2015..The effects of drug-based therapy and risk factors for osteoporotic bone fractures on DALY losses were also explored...
- Costs of surviving meningococcal disease in Spain: evaluation for two cases of severe meningitis and septicaemiaJosep Darba
University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Vaccine 32:5006-12. 2014..The aim of this study was to count the lifelong rehabilitation costs associated with surviving meningococcal disease with major sequelae from the perspective of the Spanish National Healthcare System (NHS) and the national government...
- Pharmacoeconomic outcomes for pregabalin: a systematic review in neuropathic pain, generalized anxiety disorder, and epilepsy from a Spanish perspectiveJosep Darba
Department of Economics, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Adv Ther 31:1-29. 2014..The aim of this study was to conduct a systematic review to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of pregabalin associated with the treatment of its labeled indications from a societal perspective in Spain...
- Efficacy of second-generation-antipsychotics in the treatment of negative symptoms of schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsJosep Darba
Departamento de Economia, Universidad de Barcelona, Espana
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 4:126-43. 2011..To determine whether second-generation-antipsychotics (SGAs) are effective for negative symptoms treatment in schizophrenia...
- A simulation model to estimate 10-year risk of coronary heart disease events in patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders treated with second-generation antipsychotic drugsJosep Darba
Department of Economics, University of Barcelona, Spain
Ann Clin Psychiatry 25:17-26. 2013..The risk for cardiovascular (CV) events has been shown to be considerably higher among schizophrenia patients than the general population...
- Direct medical costs of liquid intravenous immunoglobulins in children, adolescents, and adults in SpainJosep Darba
Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Pharmacol 52:566-75. 2012..Direct medical costs for IVIGs were approximately 91.8 million €. Drug costs represented 94% of total costs. The choice for a certain IVIG treatment depends on individual patient characteristics and cost considerations...
- Epidemiology and societal costs of gastroesophageal reflux disease and Barrett's syndrome in Germany, Italy and SpainJosep Darba
Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal 690, 08034, Barcelona, Spain
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 11:225-32. 2011..To estimate the economic consequences for society arising from populations with poorly treated gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Barrett's esophagus in Germany, Italy and Spain...
- Patient preferences for osteoporosis in Spain: a discrete choice experimentJ Darba
Department of Economics, Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal 690, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Osteoporos Int 22:1947-54. 2011..All attributes included as type and place of drug administration as well as costs showed to be significant predictors of choice. Spanish osteoporosis patients have well-defined preferences and accept trade-offs among attributes...
- [Use of probabilistic methods in economic evaluation of health technologies]Josep Darba
Departamento de Teoría Económica, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Gac Sanit 20:74-7. 2006..This kind of information is represented in the cost-effectiveness acceptability curve, which indicates the probability of a health technology being cost-effective for a particular quality-adjusted life year value...