Affiliation: Universitat de Barcelona
- Camins A, Junyent F, Verdaguer E, Beas Zarate C, Rojas Mayorquín A, Ortuño Sahagún D, et al. Resveratrol: An Antiaging Drug with Potential Therapeutic Applications in Treating Diseases. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2009;2:194-205 pubmed..In the present review, we suggest that resveratrol may constitute a potential drug for prevention of ageing and for the treatment of several diseases due to its antioxidant properties and sirtuin activation. ..
- Abad S, Ramon C, Pubill D, Camarasa J, Camins A, Escubedo E. Adolescent exposure to MDMA induces dopaminergic toxicity in substantia nigra and potentiates the amyloid plaque deposition in the striatum of APPswe/PS1dE9 mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1862:1815-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MDMA administration seems to anticipate the striatal dopaminergic dysfunction in this FAD model. The most important outcome lies in a potentiation, by MDMA, of the amyloid beta deposition in the striatum. ..
- Petrov D, Luque M, Pedrós I, Ettcheto M, Abad S, Pallas M, et al. Evaluation of the Role of JNK1 in the Hippocampus in an Experimental Model of Familial Alzheimer's Disease. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:6183-6193 pubmed publisher..It may be necessary to inhibit both the JNK1 and JNK3 simultaneously, especially as previous studies suggest that JNK3 contributes to AD neuropathology. ..
- Auladell C, de Lemos L, Verdaguer E, Ettcheto M, Busquets O, Lazarowski A, et al. Role of JNK isoforms in the kainic acid experimental model of epilepsy and neurodegeneration. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2017;22:795-814 pubmed..In light of this, JNK3 could be a promising subcellular target for future therapeutic interventions in epilepsy. ..
- Folch J, Patraca I, MartÃnez N, PedrÃ³s I, Petrov D, Ettcheto M, et al. The role of leptin in the sporadic form of Alzheimer's disease. Interactions with the adipokines amylin, ghrelin and the pituitary hormone prolactin. Life Sci. 2015;140:19-28 pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide a general perspective on the functions of Lep in the brain, with a particular focus on the sporadic AD. ..
- Patraca I, Martínez N, Busquets O, Martí A, Pedrós I, Beas Zarate C, et al. Anti-inflammatory role of Leptin in glial cells through p38 MAPK pathway inhibition. Pharmacol Rep. 2017;69:409-418 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Lep would act as an anti-inflammatory factor in glial cells exposed to pro-inflammatory cytokines, exerting its function on p38 MAPK pathway and reducing NO production. ..
- Ettcheto M, Sánchez López E, Pons L, Busquets O, Olloquequi J, Beas Zarate C, et al. Dexibuprofen prevents neurodegeneration and cognitive decline in APPswe/PS1dE9 through multiple signaling pathways. Redox Biol. 2017;13:345-352 pubmed publisher..Therefore, chronic DXI treatment could constitute a potential AD-modifying drug, both restoring cognitive functions and reversing multiple brain neuropathological hallmarks. ..
- Busquets O, Ettcheto M, Verdaguer E, Castro Torres R, Auladell C, Beas Zarate C, et al. JNK1 inhibition by Licochalcone A leads to neuronal protection against excitotoxic insults derived of kainic acid. Neuropharmacology. 2018;131:440-452 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that inhibition of the JNK1 by Lic-A has neuroprotective effects and that; it could be a new potential approach for the treatment of SE and neurodegeneration. ..
- Viveros Paredes J, Gonzalez Castañeda R, Gertsch J, Chaparro Huerta V, Lopez Roa R, Vázquez Valls E, et al. Neuroprotective Effects of ?-Caryophyllene against Dopaminergic Neuron Injury in a Murine Model of Parkinson's Disease Induced by MPTP. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2017;10: pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BCP acts via multiple neuroprotective mechanisms in our murine model and suggest that BCP may be viewed as a potential treatment and/or preventative agent for PD. ..
- Ettcheto M, Petrov D, PedrÃ³s I, de Lemos L, PallÃ s M, Alegret M, et al. Hypercholesterolemia and neurodegeneration. Comparison of hippocampal phenotypes in LDLr knockout and APPswe/PS1dE9 mice. Exp Gerontol. 2015;65:69-78 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to understand the molecular pathways involved in memory loss in hypercholesterolemic LDLr -/- mice. ..
- Camins A, Verdaguer E, Folch J, Canudas A, Pallas M. The role of CDK5/P25 formation/inhibition in neurodegeneration. Drug News Perspect. 2006;19:453-60 pubmed..Furthermore, the dual inhibitory effect of some of these drugs on cdk5 and GSK3beta could be beneficial. ..