Affiliation: Universidad de Sevilla
- Everyday life, culture, and recovery: carer experiences in care homes for individuals with severe mental illnessJavier Saavedra
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Seville, Spain
Cult Med Psychiatry 36:422-41. 2012..We suggest that CHs promote the construction of privileged identity in western urban societies, forming part of the process towards recovery and better social integration...
- Schizophrenia, narrative and change: Andalusian care homes as novel sociocultural contextJavier Saavedra
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Cult Med Psychiatry 33:163-84. 2009..These results are related to the sociocultural characteristics of special care homes and suggest that the analysis of life narratives could be a very useful instrument for assessing the recovery process...
- Quantitative criteria of narrative coherence and complexity in persons with paranoid schizophreniaJavier Saavedra
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Seville, Sevilla, Spain
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:349-55. 2010..Results show that life narratives of long stay patients are more coherent and structured...
- The other self: psychopathology and literatureJavier Saavedra Macías
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
J Med Humanit 32:257-67. 2011..Finally, we discuss how this literary tradition can help us to understand new psychological perspectives...
- Incomprehensibility in the narratives of individuals with a diagnosis of schizophreniaJavier Saavedra
University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Qual Health Res 19:1548-58. 2009....