Affiliation: Universidad Complutense
- Phorbol esters down-regulate alpha-fetoprotein gene expression without affecting growth in fetal hepatocytes in primary cultureC Roncero
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Centro Mixto C S I C U C M Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1402:151-64. 1998..All these results suggest that activation of PKC may affect liver gene expression rather than cell growth in fetal hepatocytes...
- Epidermal growth factor impairs the cytochrome C/caspase-3 apoptotic pathway induced by transforming growth factor beta in rat fetal hepatocytes via a phosphoinositide 3-kinase-dependent pathwayI Fabregat
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Farmacia Centro Mixto CSIC UCM, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 32:528-35. 2000..We conclude that PI 3-kinase mediates the survival effect of EGF on TGF-beta-induced death by acting upstream from the mitochondrial changes, i.e., preventing bcl-x(L) down-regulation, cytochrome c release, and activation of caspase-3...
- Activation of p38MAPK by TGF-beta in fetal rat hepatocytes requires radical oxygen production, but is dispensable for cell deathB Herrera
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 499:225-9. 2001..However, p38MAPK does not appear to be involved in any of the apoptotic events: loss of Bcl-x(L) levels, cytochrome c release, cleavage of caspase substrates and loss of cell viability...
- Fibronectin regulates morphology, cell organization and gene expression of rat fetal hepatocytes in primary cultureA Sanchez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Centro Mixto CSIC UCM, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
J Hepatol 32:242-50. 2000..The aim of this work was to analyze how different extracellular matrix molecules modulate fetal hepatocyte morphology, growth and differentiation...
- Glucocorticoid receptor down-regulates c-Jun amino terminal kinases induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha in fetal rat hepatocyte primary culturesJ J Ventura
Departamento de Bioqu mica y Biolog a Molecular, Centro Mixto C S I C U C M, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 29:849-57. 1999....
- Activation of caspases occurs downstream from radical oxygen species production, Bcl-xL down-regulation, and early cytochrome C release in apoptosis induced by transforming growth factor beta in rat fetal hepatocytesB Herrera
, , Centro Mixto CSIC/UCM, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 34:548-56. 2001..fmk completely blocks nucleosomal DNA fragmentation, it only delays cell death, which suggests that activation of the apoptotic program by TGF-beta in fetal hepatocytes inevitably leads to death, with or without caspases...