Affiliation: Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha
- An estimation of the value of informal care provided to dependent people in SpainJuan Oliva-Moreno
University of Castilla La Mancha, Research Seminar in Economics and Health, Toledo, Spain
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 13:223-31. 2015..The aim of this paper was to arrive at an approximation of the value of non-professional (informal) care provided to disabled people living within a household in Spain...
- Informal care of patients with schizophreniaIsaac Aranda-Reneo
Facultad de Ciencias Juridicas y Sociales de Toledo Universidad de Castilla La Mancha Cobertizo San Pedro Martir s n 45071 Toledo Spain
J Ment Health Policy Econ 16:99-108. 2013..The chronicity and characteristics of the disease require continued care, often provided by nonprofessionals close to the person diagnosed with schizophrenia...
- Economic valuation of informal care in cerebrovascular accident survivors in SpainJuan Oliva-Moreno
Department of Economic and Financial Analysis, Faculty of Legal and Social Sciences, University of Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 13:508. 2013..The aim of this study was to estimate the social cost of non-professional (informal) care provided to survivors of cerebrovascular accidents (CVA) with some type of disability in Spain...
- Costs, outcomes and challenges for diabetes care in SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
University Castilla La Mancha, Avda Real Fábrica de Seda s n, Talavera de la Reina, Toledo, Spain
Global Health 9:17. 2013..The information on cost of diabetes in Spain is fragmented and outdated. Our objective is to update diabetes costs, and to identify outcomes and quality of care of diabetes in Spain...
- Health-related quality of life in diabetic people with different vascular riskJuan Oliva
Economic Analysis Department, University of Castilla La Mancha Spain, Facultad de CC, Jurídicas y Sociales de Toledo, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir, S N, 45071, Toledo, Spain
BMC Public Health 12:812. 2012..The aim of this study is to examine health related quality of life (HRQOL) in people with diabetes mellitus (DM) and to analyze the differences in HRQOL adjusting by vascular risk...
- Body weight and health-related quality of life in Catalonia, SpainJuan Oliva-Moreno
Departamento de Análisis Económico, CIBER en Salud Pública y Epidemiología CIBERESP and Red temática de investigación cooperativa en envejecimiento y fragilidad RETICEF, Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales de Toledo Análisis Económico y Finanzas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n 45071, Toledo, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 14:95-105. 2013..Our results indicate there are important differences among gender and age groups. Women and older people are more likely to suffer from the negative consequences of excess weight...
- Loss of labour productivity caused by disease and health problems: what is the magnitude of its effect on Spain's economy?Juan Oliva-Moreno
Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales de Toledo, Análisis Económico y Finanzas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n, 45071, Toledo, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 13:605-14. 2012..This study underscores the strong economic impact of non-medical costs of diseases. In addition, it stresses the need for better information systems for collecting data that is relevant to the topic at hand...
- [The social value of informal care provided to elderly dependent people in Spain]Juan Oliva
Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Espana
Gac Sanit 25:108-14. 2011..To analyze one part of the social benefit derived from non-professional (informal) caregivers by analyzing the hypothetical amount of resources that would need to be invested if informal care were substituted by formal care...
- Differences between willingness to pay and willingness to accept for visits by a family physician: a contingent valuation studyJesus Martin-Fernandez
San Martín de Valdeiglesias Health Center, 8th Primary Care Area Madrid Health Service, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:236. 2010..Our objective was to study the perceptions of the patient about the service provided by the family physician by means of the WTA/WTP ratio...
- The impact of acquired brain damage in terms of epidemiology, economics and loss in quality of lifeJavier Mar
Clinical Management Service, Alto Deba Hospital, Mondragon, Spain
BMC Neurol 11:46. 2011....
- The economic costs and health-related quality of life of people with HIV/AIDS in the Canary Islands, SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Island Health Service, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 9:55. 2009..The objective was to determine the economic burden, as well as the impact on HRQOL for people with HIV/AIDS in Spain in 2003...
- [Loss of labour productivity caused by premature mortality in Spain in 2005]Juan Oliva
Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales de Toledo, Análisis Económico y Finanzas, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n 45071 Toledo
Rev Esp Salud Publica 83:123-35. 2009..In the analysis, loss of labour productivity due to premature mortality in 2005 is estimated. The aim of this work is to estimate a part of the non health care costs caused by illnesses and accidents in the economy...
- [Economic evaluation and decision-making in health. The role of economic evaluation in the adoption and spread of health technologies. 2008 SESPAS Report]Juan Oliva
Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Espana
Gac Sanit 22:137-42. 2008..Finally, pressing tasks are identified and recommendations are made for the consolidation of EEHT as a basic element in the decision-making process of health care technologies...
- [Advances and experiences in economic evaluation of medicines: a complementary view]Juan Oliva
Departamento de Análisis Económico, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, y FEDEA, Madrid, Espana
Gac Sanit 22:358-61. 2008..However, some doubts remain about whether government support for economic evaluation of medicines will be open and explicit and about the role that regional decision-makers and other health actors will play in this process...
- The socioeconomic costs of mental illness in SpainJuan Oliva-Moreno
Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales de Toledo, Análisis Económico y Finanzas, Universidad de Castilla la Mancha and FEDEA, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n, 45071 Toledo, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 10:361-9. 2009..7% of the total costs. Loss of labour productivity accounted for 42.7% of total costs. In conclusion, the costs of mental illness in Spain make a considerable economic impact from a societal perspective...
- [Cost-effectiveness analysis of a genetic screening program in the close relatives of Spanish patients with familial hypercholesterolemia]Juan Oliva
Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:57-65. 2009..The aim was to assess the cost-effectiveness of a genetic screening program for first-degree relatives of patients with familial hypercholesterolemia (FH), followed by treatment when necessary, compared with the alternative of no screening...
- Health related quality of life of Canary Island citizensJuan Oliva-Moreno
University Castilla La Mancha, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n, 45071 Toledo, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:675. 2010..The aim of the study was to describe the health-related quality of life of Canarian population using information from the Canary Island Health Survey and three observational studies developed in the Canary Islands...
- Opposite poles: A comparison between two Spanish regions in health-related quality of life, with implications for health policyJuan Oliva-Moreno
Departamento de Análisis Económico, University of Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, 45071, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:576. 2010..Our aim is to describe the health-related quality of life of the inhabitants of two quite different Spanish regions (Canary Islands and Catalonia) and to compare the prevalence of health problems between age-sex groups...
- Labour participation of people living with HIV/AIDS in SpainJuan Oliva
Departamento de Análisis Económico y Finanzas, Fundación de Estudios de Economía Aplicada, CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n, Toledo, Spain
Health Econ 19:491-500. 2010..This study explores the relationship between the employment status of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive individuals and socioeconomic and health characteristics in Spain...
- Determinants of health care costs of HIV-positive patients in the Canary Islands, SpainJuan Oliva-Moreno
Department of Economic Analysis and Finances, University of Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 11:405-12. 2010..Therefore, CD4 cell count can be used to predict health care costs in patients. Policymakers could use this information to help guide their decisions in allocating limited health care resources to HIV treatments...
- The costs of schizophrenia in SpainJuan Oliva-Moreno
Department of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Fundacion de Estudios de Economia Aplicada Fedea, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 7:182-88. 2006..The sum of medical and nonmedical costs give us a better definition of the magnitude of the problem in Spain as well as contributing to helping make the debate on this issue more transparent...
- Spanish recommendations on economic evaluation of health technologiesJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Islands Health Services, CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Spain, C Pérez de Rozas 5, 4th Floor, 38004 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 11:513-20. 2010....
- Perception of the economic value of primary care services: a Willingness to Pay studyJesus Martin-Fernandez
San Martín de Valdeiglesias Health Center, 1st La Bola St, 28680 San Martin de Valdeiglesias, Madrid Health Service, Madrid, Spain
Health Policy 94:266-72. 2010..Identify the economic value the user attributes to the visit to the family physician, in a setting of a National Health System, by the Willingness to Pay (WTP) expressed...
- Social economic costs and health-related quality of life in patients with systemic sclerosis in SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
University of Castilla La Mancha, Talavera de la Reina, Toledo, Spain, and Red de Investigación en Servicios Sanitarios en Enfermedades, CRONICAS, Spain
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 66:473-80. 2014..The aim of this study was to determine the economic burden from a societal perspective and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc; scleroderma) in Spain...
- Indirect costs in ambulatory patients with HIV/AIDS in Spain: a pilot studyJuan Oliva
Department of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Pharmacoeconomics 21:1113-21. 2003..To estimate indirect costs in Spanish ambulatory patients with HIV/AIDS and to identify changes in employment status and their current QOL...
- Direct health care costs of diabetic patients in SpainJuan Oliva
Department of Economics, University Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Diabetes Care 27:2616-21. 2004..The goal of this study was to estimate the health care resources spent by type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients in Spain during the year 2002...
- Caregiver burden in Alzheimer's disease patients in SpainLuz María Peña-Longobardo
Faculty of Law and Social Sciences, Department of Economic Analysis, University of Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 43:1293-302. 2015..Alzheimer's disease constitutes one of the leading causes of burden of disease, and it is the third leading disease in terms of economic and social costs...