Affiliation: Universidad de Oviedo
- Towards guidelines for dialysis in children with end-stage renal diseaseI Riaño
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Pediatr Nephrol 15:157-62. 2000..Decision making should ideally be shared by parents, professionals, the child, when appropriate, and ethics committees, as necessary...
- Blood pressure relates to sodium taste sensitivity and discrimination in adolescentsSerafín Málaga
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Pediatr Nephrol 18:431-4. 2003..27, P<0.05). There is a significant association between gustatory perception and BP in Spain adolescents, although a real cause-effect relationship has not been established...
- Maternal pregnancy vomiting and offspring salt taste sensitivity and blood pressureIgnacio Málaga
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, University of Oviedo, C Celestino Villamil S N, 33007 Oviedo, Spain
Pediatr Nephrol 20:956-60. 2005..An association between descendents' SBP and maternal vomiting during gestation exists, adding a new element of evidence to the "Barker hypothesis"...
- C-reactive protein is elevated in the offspring of parents with essential hypertensionJuan José Díaz
Departamento de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Arch Dis Child 92:304-8. 2007..The aim of the present study was to analyse the association of high sensitivity CRP levels with other cardiovascular risk factors in children and young adults with at least one parent with EHT...
- Cystatin C and beta2-microglobulin: markers of glomerular filtration in critically ill childrenJosé David Herrero-Morín
Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria Street, 33006, Oviedo, Spain
Crit Care 11:R59. 2007..The aim of the present study was to analyse the utility of serum cystatin C and beta2-microglobulin (B2M) in detecting decreased glomerular filtration rate in critically ill children...