Affiliation: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
- Nursing Motives for Helping Scale (N-MHS): reliability and validityJosé Luis González Gutiérrez
Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Avda Atenas s n, 28922 Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
Span J Psychol 9:103-12. 2006..The three resulting subscales are a promising instrument for the evaluation of three nursing motives for helping that can contribute to reduce the potential risks and to improve the potential benefits both for the nurse and the patient...
- [Cognitive resources of perceived control, stress-recovery processes and affective discomfort in fibromyalgia]José L González Gutiérrez
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Faculdad de Ciencias de la Salud, Madrid, Spain
Psicothema 21:359-68. 2009....
- Generalized hypervigilance in fibromyalgia patients: an experimental analysis with the emotional Stroop paradigmJose L Gonzalez
Department of Psychology, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Avda Atenas s n, Madrid, Spain
J Psychosom Res 69:279-87. 2010..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis of generalized hypervigilance in FM using the emotional modification of the Stroop task and to explore the possible mediating role of anxiety...
- Brain correlates of cognitive inhibition in fibromyalgia: emotional intrusion of symptom-related wordsFrancisco Mercado
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Rey Juan Carlos University, 28922 Madrid, Spain
Int J Psychophysiol 88:182-92. 2013..Implications of these results are discussed. Nevertheless, further investigations are needed to better understand dysfunctional cognition in fibromyalgia...
- Cognitive-affective assets and vulnerabilities: two factors influencing adaptation to fibromyalgiaLilian Velasco Furlong
Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Alcoron 28922, Spain
Psychol Health 25:197-212. 2010..These results are discussed with reference to current theoretical models concerning the role of psychological factors in FMS, and intervention methods designed to improve quality of life and reduce pain in FMS patients...
- The role of psychological variables in explaining depression in older people with chronic painAlmudena López-López
Department of Psychology, Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid, Spain
Aging Ment Health 12:735-45. 2008..The aim of the present work was to analyse how cognitive-behavioural and perceptual variables help to explain the presence or absence of depression in older people with chronic pain caused by osteoarthritis...
- Depression and anxiety are not related to nummular headacheCésar Fernández-de-Las-Peñas
Department of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
J Headache Pain 10:441-5. 2009..Our study demonstrated that self-reported depression and anxiety were not related to the presence of NH. Further, longitudinal studies are still needed to elucidate the role of mood state in the course of NH...