Genomes and Genes
M P Garcia-Portilla
Affiliation: Universidad de Oviedo
- The negative syndrome of schizophrenia: three -underlying components are better than twoMaria Paz Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica En Red, Área de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain Electronic address
Schizophr Res 166:115-8. 2015..To analyse the underlying structure of the negative syndrome of schizophrenia as it is represented in the Brief Negative Symptom Scale...
- Effectiveness of a multi-component Smoking Cessation Support Programme (McSCSP) for patients with severe mental disorders: study designMaria Paz Garcia-Portilla
Departmento de Psiquiatria, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:373-89. 2014..The importance of this study lies in addressing a topical issue often ignored by psychiatrists: the unacceptably high rates of tobacco use in patients with severe mental disorders...
- Impact of substance use on the physical health of patients with bipolar disorderM P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 121:437-45. 2010..To describe the impact of tobacco, alcohol and cannabis on metabolic profile and cardiovascular risk in bipolar patients...
- Psychometric properties of the Spanish version of the Changes in Sexual Functioning Questionnaire Short-Form (CSFQ-14) in patients with severe mental disordersMaria Paz Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, Oviedo, Spain
J Sex Med 8:1371-82. 2011..Sexual dysfunction in patients with severe mental disorders is often underestimated or overlooked by psychiatrists. A brief and valid self-report instrument for assessing sexual functioning may well contribute to changing this situation...
- Cardiovascular risk in patients with bipolar disorderMaria P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Spain
J Affect Disord 115:302-8. 2009..This study provides data on the overall risk of any fatal or non-fatal coronary heart disease (CHD) and on the cardiovascular mortality risk (CMR) within 10 years in these patients...
- [Depression and perimenopause: a review]M P Garcia-Portilla
Area de Psiquiatría, Universidad de Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Oviedo, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 37:213-21. 2009..Treatment basically depends on the severity of the disorder and includes antidepressants and/or psychotherapy. Maintained treatment with hormone replacement therapy (estrogens) is under discussion...
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorderMaria P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Spain
J Affect Disord 106:197-201. 2008..This study evaluates the prevalence of MetS in a group of 194 Spanish patients with bipolar disorder...
- [Effectiveness of venlafaxine in the treatment of alcohol dependence with comorbid depression]M P Garcia-Portilla
Area de Psiquiatría, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:41-5. 2005..There are no conclusive data on the effectiveness of antidepressant drugs in the treatment of comorbid cases of alcohol dependence and depression...
- Serotonin gene polymorphisms in patients with panic disorderS Martinez-Barrondo
Medicine Department, University of Oviedo, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:210-5. 2005..The objective is to investigate the possible association between four serotonin gene polymorphisms (T102C, A-1438G, 5-HTTLPR and VNTR-5HTT) and panic disorder (PD)...
- Genetic variability at IMPA2, INPP1 and GSK3β increases the risk of suicidal behavior in bipolar patientsE Jimenez
Bipolar Disorder Program, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:1452-62. 2013..Therefore, our results suggest that genetic variability at IMPA2, INPP1 and GSK3β genes is associated with the emergence of SB in BP. ..
- Weight gain in patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine or haloperidol: results of the EIRE studyJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, c Julian Claveria, 6, 33006, Oviedo, Spain
Schizophr Res 62:77-88. 2003..The aim of this cross-sectional study, the EIRE study, was to assess the frequency of several side effects with antipsychotics in the clinical setting. This paper addresses the adverse effect of weight gain...
- Negative evidences in association between apolipoprotein E polymorphism and panic disorderS Martinez-Barrondo
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria 6, 3, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 21:59-61. 2006..Genotyping 92 PD patients [Diagnostic Statistic Manual IV (DSM IV) criteria] and 174 controls no differences were found between both groups. Variation in the ApoE-gene was not associated with the development of PD...
- Predictive factors of functional capacity and real-world functioning in patients with schizophreniaI Menendez-Miranda
Area de Psiquiatría, Universidad de Oviedo, c Julian Claveria s n, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 30:622-7. 2015....
- Association between heroin dependence and 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphismsP A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Eur Addict Res 14:47-52. 2008..To investigate the association between four polymorphisms of the 5-HT(2A) receptor and 5-HT transporter genes and heroin dependence...
- Neurocognitive diagnosis and cut-off scores of the Screen for Cognitive Impairment in Psychiatry (SCIP-S)Emilio Rojo
Department of Psychiatry, Benito Menni CASM, Granollers Hospital General, Granollers, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 116:243-51. 2010....