M P Garcia-Portilla
Affiliation: Universidad de Oviedo
- Psychometric properties of the Spanish version of the Changes in Sexual Functioning Questionnaire Short-Form (CSFQ-14) in patients with severe mental disordersMaria Paz Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, Oviedo, Spain
J Sex Med 8:1371-82. 2011..Sexual dysfunction in patients with severe mental disorders is often underestimated or overlooked by psychiatrists. A brief and valid self-report instrument for assessing sexual functioning may well contribute to changing this situation...
- [Effectiveness of venlafaxine in the treatment of alcohol dependence with comorbid depression]M P Garcia-Portilla
Area de Psiquiatría, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:41-5. 2005..There are no conclusive data on the effectiveness of antidepressant drugs in the treatment of comorbid cases of alcohol dependence and depression...
- [Depression and perimenopause: a review]M P Garcia-Portilla
Area de Psiquiatría, Universidad de Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Oviedo, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 37:213-21. 2009..Treatment basically depends on the severity of the disorder and includes antidepressants and/or psychotherapy. Maintained treatment with hormone replacement therapy (estrogens) is under discussion...
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorderMaria P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Spain
J Affect Disord 106:197-201. 2008..This study evaluates the prevalence of MetS in a group of 194 Spanish patients with bipolar disorder...
- Impact of substance use on the physical health of patients with bipolar disorderM P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 121:437-45. 2010..To describe the impact of tobacco, alcohol and cannabis on metabolic profile and cardiovascular risk in bipolar patients...
- Cardiovascular risk in patients with bipolar disorderMaria P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Spain
J Affect Disord 115:302-8. 2009..This study provides data on the overall risk of any fatal or non-fatal coronary heart disease (CHD) and on the cardiovascular mortality risk (CMR) within 10 years in these patients...
- Serotonin gene polymorphisms in patients with panic disorderS Martinez-Barrondo
Medicine Department, University of Oviedo, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:210-5. 2005..The objective is to investigate the possible association between four serotonin gene polymorphisms (T102C, A-1438G, 5-HTTLPR and VNTR-5HTT) and panic disorder (PD)...
- Weight gain in patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine or haloperidol: results of the EIRE studyJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, c Julian Claveria, 6, 33006, Oviedo, Spain
Schizophr Res 62:77-88. 2003..The aim of this cross-sectional study, the EIRE study, was to assess the frequency of several side effects with antipsychotics in the clinical setting. This paper addresses the adverse effect of weight gain...
- Negative evidences in association between apolipoprotein E polymorphism and panic disorderS Martinez-Barrondo
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria 6, 3, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 21:59-61. 2006..Genotyping 92 PD patients [Diagnostic Statistic Manual IV (DSM IV) criteria] and 174 controls no differences were found between both groups. Variation in the ApoE-gene was not associated with the development of PD...
- Neurocognitive diagnosis and cut-off scores of the Screen for Cognitive Impairment in Psychiatry (SCIP-S)Emilio Rojo
Department of Psychiatry, Benito Menni CASM, Granollers Hospital General, Granollers, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 116:243-51. 2010....
- Association between heroin dependence and 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphismsP A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Eur Addict Res 14:47-52. 2008..To investigate the association between four polymorphisms of the 5-HT(2A) receptor and 5-HT transporter genes and heroin dependence...