Affiliation: Universidad Complutense
- Technological performance of several Lactococcus and Enterococcus strains of dairy origin in milkSusana Delgado
, Carretera de Infiesto, Asturias, Spain
J Food Prot 65:1590-6. 2002..Nevertheless, particular strains of lactococci were resistant to antibiotics such as bacitracin, cephalothin, clindamycin, streptomycin, and tetracycline...
- Phenotypic and genetic diversity of Lactococcus lactis and Enterococcus spp. strains isolated from Northern Spain starter-free farmhouse cheesesSusana Delgado
, Carretera de Infiesto s/n, 33300, Asturias, Villaviciosa, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 90:309-19. 2004..Two simple, rapid and cheap techniques (partial ARDRA and SDS-PAGE) are proposed as reliable tools for the classification and typing of new lactococcal-like isolates...
- Staphylococcus epidermidis strains isolated from breast milk of women suffering infectious mastitis: potential virulence traits and resistance to antibioticsSusana Delgado
Dpt Nutrición, Bromatología y Tecnología de Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
BMC Microbiol 9:82. 2009....
- Bacterial analysis of breast milk: a tool to differentiate Raynaud's phenomenon from infectious mastitis during lactationSusana Delgado
Nutrición, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Curr Microbiol 59:59-64. 2009..Bacteriological analysis of milk can be an useful tool to facilitate the differential diagnosis between the infectious mastitis and Raynaud's syndrome during lactation...
- PCR-DGGE assessment of the bacterial diversity of breast milk in women with lactational infectious mastitisSusana Delgado
Dpt Nutrición, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 8:51. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the microbial diversity of breast milk in 20 women with lactational mastitis employing culture-dependent and culture-independent (PCR-DGGE) approaches...
- Staphylococcus epidermidis: a differential trait of the fecal microbiota of breast-fed infantsEsther Jiménez
Departamento de Nutricion, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040, Madrid, Spain
BMC Microbiol 8:143. 2008..Staphylococcal and enterococcal isolates were submitted to genetic profiling and to a characterization scheme, including detection of potential virulence traits and sensitivity to antibiotics...
- Characterization of Staphylococcus aureus strains involved in human and bovine mastitisSusana Delgado
Dpt Nutrición, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 62:225-35. 2011..A high genetic diversity was found among the strains involved in mastitis in breastfeeding women...
- Assessment of the bacterial diversity of human colostrum and screening of staphylococcal and enterococcal populations for potential virulence factorsEsther Jiménez
Departamento de Nutricion, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Avda Puerta de Hierro, S N, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Res Microbiol 159:595-601. 2008..All of them were sensitive to vancomycin. There were no indications that the colostrum samples contained harmful bacteria...
- Isolation of lactobacilli from sow milk and evaluation of their probiotic potentialRocio Martin
Departamento de Nutricion, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Dairy Res 76:418-25. 2009..Three strains, Lb. reuteri CR20 (a reuterin-producing strain), Lb. salivarius CELA2 (a bacteriocin-producing strain) and Lb. paraplantarum CLB7 displayed the highest probiotic potential...
- Characterization of Lactobacillus salivarius CECT 5713, a strain isolated from human milk: from genotype to phenotypeSusana Langa
Departamento de Nutricion, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 94:1279-87. 2012..Subsequently, in vitro assays revealed the ability of L. salivarius CECT 5713 to stimulate the maturation of immature dendritic cells and to inhibit the in vitro infectivity of HIV-1...
- The bacteriocin nisin, an effective agent for the treatment of staphylococcal mastitis during lactationLeonides Fernández
Departamento de Nutricion, Bromatología y Tecnología de los Alimentos NBTA, Universidad Complutense de Madrid UCM, Spain
J Hum Lact 24:311-6. 2008..In conclusion, nisin seems to be an efficient alternative to antibiotics for the treatment of staphylococcal mastitis...
- Dominant cultivable Lactobacillus species from the feces of healthy adults in northern SpainSusana Delgado
Institute of Dairy Products of Asturias, CSIC, Villaviciosa, Spain
Int Microbiol 10:141-5. 2007..Lactobacillus paracasei was found in four of the seven individuals; L. gasseri, L. delbrueckii, and L. plantarum in three. Phenotyping showed that only one strain per species was in the majority in each individual...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of lactic acid bacteria isolated from a cheese environmentAna Belén Flórez
Instituto de Productos Lacteos de Asturias, Carretera de Infiesto, Spain
Can J Microbiol 51:51-8. 2005..and Lactobacillus spp. were resistant to antibiotics, such as chloramphenicol, erythromycin, clindamycin, or tetracycline...
- Identification of dominant bacteria in feces and colonic mucosa from healthy Spanish adults by culturing and by 16S rDNA sequence analysisSusana Delgado
, 33300 Villaviciosa, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 51:744-51. 2006..Despite large interindividual differences, distinct human communities may have group-associated GIT microbiota characteristics, such as the low number of Bacteroides seen in the subjects in this study...
- Interindividual differences in microbial counts and biochemical-associated variables in the feces of healthy Spanish adultsSusana Delgado
, 33300-Villaviciosa, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 51:737-43. 2006..The fecal microbial and biochemical parameters studied seemed to be individual-dependent. Most variables were rather stable over time, while others (e.g., ammonium concentration) varied widely...
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species from the human gastrointestinal tractSusana Delgado
, Carretera de Infiesto s/n, 33300 Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
Curr Microbiol 50:202-7. 2005..Most of the observed resistances seemed to be intrinsic, but some others could be compatible with transmissible determinants...
- Variation of microbiological and biochemical parameters in the faeces of two healthy people over a 15 day periodSusana Delgado
, 33300 Villaviciosa (Asturias, Spain
Eur J Nutr 43:375-80. 2004..Large differences were found in the lactic acid bacterial composition of each individual. Biochemistry seemed to be also personal and stable over time...
- Development of Lactobacillus plantarum LL441 and its plasmid-cured derivatives in cheeseSusana Delgado
Carretera de Infiesto s/n, , 33300, Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 30:216-9. 2003..Thus, the phenotypic traits under examination were not essential for L. plantarum to grow into the cheese matrix...
- Molecular analysis of a chromosome-carried erm(B) gene and its flanking insertion points in Lactobacillus johnsonii G41Ana Belén Flórez
Instituto de Productos Lácteos de Asturias CSIC, Carretera de Infiesto s n, 33300 Villaviciosa, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:4189-90. 2006..Apparently, a 1,495-bp segment of pRE25 from Enterococcus faecalis carrying the erm(B) gene became inserted, by an unknown mechanism, into the L. johnsonii chromosome...
- Bifidobacterial diversity determined by culturing and by 16S rDNA sequence analysis in feces and mucosa from ten healthy Spanish adultsSusana Delgado
, 33300 Villaviciosa, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 51:1878-85. 2006..The identification of the dominant bifidobacterial species could be useful for the rational design, use, and evaluation of probiotics in our community...
- Screening of exopolysaccharide-producing Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains isolated from the human intestinal microbiotaPatricia Ruas-Madiedo
Departamento de Microbiologia Bioquímica de Productos Lácteos, Instituto de Productos Lacteos de Asturias, CSIC, Ctra Infiesto s n Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4385-8. 2007..However, PCR techniques showed that only 7% harbored genes related to the synthesis of heteropolysaccharides. This is the first work to screen the human intestinal ecosystem for the detection of EPS-producing strains...