Carmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
Affiliation: Universidad de Alicante
- Access to information in qualitative research. A matter of careCarmen de la Cuesta Benjumea
Universidad de Alicante, Spain
Invest Educ Enferm 32:480-7. 2014..Thus, the appearance, manners, and the way of being of the person who investigates will facilitate access to broad and detailed information. ..
- Research protocol: a synthesis of qualitative studies on the process of adaptation to dependency in elderly persons and their familiesEva Abad-Corpa
Research Department, Zone VI Management Vega Media del Segura, 30008 Murcia, Spain
BMC Geriatr 10:58. 2010..A number of original studies have been published which, following a qualitative methodology, have dealt with both dimensions...
- [Where to begin?: the qualitative research question]Carmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
Departamento de Enfermeria, Universidad de Alicante, Campus de San Vicente del Raspeig, Alicante, Espana
Enferm Clin 18:205-10. 2008..A qualitative study can be prompted by distinct factors, common ones being personal experience, conversations with colleagues, lines of research, and the library...
- ["Feeling tranquil": the experience of rest among the caregivers' of relatives with advanced dementia]Carmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
Departamento de Enfermeria, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Enferm Clin 19:24-30. 2009..To understand caregivers' experience of rest...
- The legitimacy of rest: conditions for the relief of burden in advanced dementia care-givingCarmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
Department of Nursing, University of Alicante, Spain
J Adv Nurs 66:988-98. 2010..This paper is a report of a study conducted to identify the conditions that favour the relief of the burden of female caregivers of relatives with advanced dementia...
- Strategies for the relief of burden in advanced dementia care-givingCarmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
Department of Health Psychology, School of Nursing, University of Alicante, Spain
J Adv Nurs 67:1790-9. 2011..This paper is a report of a study conducted to uncover the strategies that women caregivers of relatives with advanced dementia use to rest from care-giving...
- [Reflexivity: a critical issue in qualitative research]Carmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
Departamento de Psicologia de la Salud, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Enferm Clin 21:163-7. 2011..A self inquirer can be addressed as it is constructed by the relationships and interactions that are established with study participants. Reflexivity has an educational character that continues after the study is completed...
- "Turning to one's own world": escape mechanisms employed by immigrant caregivers in Spain for relieving the burden of careCarmen de la Cuesta-Benjumea
1University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Transcult Nurs 23:56-64. 2012..This study examines the strategies immigrant caregivers use to relieve the burden of care...
- [Immigrant caregivers: characteristics of the care provided to dependent elders]Maria José Galiana-Gómez de Cádiz
Departamento de Enfermeria, Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería de Murcia, Murcia, Espana
Enferm Clin 18:269-72. 2008..The relationship between caregiving and the conditions in which this care takes place is described. Given their situation, immigrant caregivers have a heavy burden of care and limited respite from caregiving responsibilities...