José Ramón Castro Conde
Affiliation: Universidad de La Laguna
- Midazolam in neonatal seizures with no response to phenobarbitalJ R Castro Conde
Neonatology Service, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Ofra s n, La Laguna 28230, Spain
Neurology 64:876-9. 2005..Midazolam effectively controlled ESz in nonresponders to phenobarbital/phenytoin and correlated with significantly improved long-term neurodevelopment...
- Positive temporal sharp waves in preterm infants with and without brain ultrasound lesionsJosé Ramón Castro Conde
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of the La Laguna, Ofra s n, La Laguna, S C Tenerife 38320, Spain
Clin Neurophysiol 115:2479-88. 2004....
- Extrauterine life duration and ontogenic EEG parameters in preterm newborns with and without major ultrasound brain lesionsJosé Ramón Castro Conde
Neonatology Department, 4th floor University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Ofra s n La Laguna, S C Tenerife, Spain
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2796-809. 2005..To determine whether extrauterine life duration is associated with different ontogenic electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns in premature infants compared with neonates born at later gestational ages (GAs)...
- [Retinopathy of prematurity. Prevention, screening and treatment guidelines]J R Castro Conde
Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife
An Pediatr (Barc) 71:514-23. 2009..Indirect ophthalmoscopy is the standard technique for exploration and laser therapy the treatment of choice...
- CNS siderosis and dandy-walker variant after neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaJosé Ramón Castro Conde
University Hospital of Canary Islands, University of La Laguna, La Laguna, S C Tenerife, Spain
Pediatr Neurol 32:346-9. 2005..We believe that repeated bleeding in the central nervous system from early fetal life, especially in the posterior fossa, may produce cerebellar atrophy as occurs in adults with superficial siderosis of the central nervous system...
- Neonatal apneic seizure of occipital lobe origin: continuous video-EEG recordingJosé Ramón Castro Conde
Department of Neonatology, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Tenerife, Spain
Pediatrics 129:e1616-20. 2012..To date, none of these clinical findings have been previously reported. We believe this pathology may in fact be fairly common, but that video-EEG monitoring is essential for diagnosis...