José Angel Barasona
Affiliation: Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha
- Spatiotemporal interactions between wild boar and cattle: implications for cross-species disease transmissionJosé A Barasona
SaBio Health and Biotechnology, IREC, National Wildlife Research Institute CSIC UCLM JCCM, Ciudad Real, Spain
Vet Res 45:122. 2014..Targeted management actions are suggested to reduce potential interactions between cattle and wild boar in order to prevent disease transmission and design effective control strategies. ..
- A Bayesian approach to study the risk variables for tuberculosis occurrence in domestic and wild ungulates in South Central SpainVíctor Rodríguez-Prieto
VISAVET, Veterinary School, Complutense University of Madrid, Puerta de Hierro, Madrid 28040, Spain
BMC Vet Res 8:148. 2012....
- Effectiveness of cattle operated bump gates and exclusion fences in preventing ungulate multi-host sanitary interactionJ A Barasona
IREC Instituto de Investigación en Recursos Cinegéticos CSIC UCLM JCCM, Ronda de Toledo s n, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Prev Vet Med 111:42-50. 2013..Our designs can be used in the context of integral plans to mitigate disease transmission between cattle and wildlife, and have potential for protecting or segregating the use of a variety of resources in different contexts...
- Trap-effectiveness and response to tiletamine-zolazepam and medetomidine anaesthesia in Eurasian wild boar captured with cage and corral trapsJosé Angel Barasona
Sanidad y Biotecnología, Instituto de Investigacion en Recursos Cinegeticos IREC CSIC UCLM JCCM, Ronda de Toledo, Ciudad Real sn 13005, Spain
BMC Vet Res 9:107. 2013..The individual response to chemical immobilization was characterized using anaesthetic, clinical, and serum biochemical variables. After the procedure, 14 of these wild boar were monitored for 20 days using GPS-GSM collars...
- Complex links between natural tuberculosis and porcine circovirus type 2 infection in wild boarIratxe Díez-Delgado
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain SaBio IREC CSIC UCLM JCCM, Ronda de Toledo s n, 13005 Ciudad Real, Spain
Biomed Res Int 2014:765715. 2014..Using TB and PCV2 as a case study, we showed that coinfection is a frequent event among natural populations that takes place early in life with complex effects on the infections and the hosts. ..