J Torre Cisneros
- Randomized trial of weekly sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine vs. daily low-dose trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for the prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia after liver transplantationJ Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 29:771-4. 1999..We conclude that weekly sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine is as effective and safe as is daily trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole in the prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia after liver transplantation...
- Pre-emptive oral ganciclovir can reduce the risk of cytomegalovirus disease in liver transplant recipientsJ Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Liver Transplantation Unit and Service of Immunology, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 8:773-80. 2002..Adverse events, graft rejection and survival were similar between groups. We conclude that pre-emptive oral ganciclovir in high-risk patients can reduce the risk of CMV disease...
- Infliximab does not activate replication of lymphotropic herpesviruses in patients with refractory rheumatoid arthritisJ Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1132-5. 2005..We analysed the risk of reactivation of lymphotropic herpesviruses in patients with refractory rheumatoid arthritis treated with an anti-tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) agent (infliximab)...
- High mortality related with Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia after liver transplantationJ Torre-Cisneros
Seccion de Enfermedades Infecciosas, HRU Reina Sofía, Avenida Menéndez Pidal sn, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:385-8. 2002..The observed etiology must be considered when empirical antimicrobial therapy is indicated while awaiting blood-culture results...
- [Treatment of viral chronic hepatitis in HIV infected patients]E Vidal Verdú
Sección de Enfermedades Infecciosas Hospital Universitario Reina Sofía Córdoba Spain
Rev Clin Esp 203:193-5. 2003
- Consensus conference on chronic viral hepatitis and HIV infection: updated Spanish recommendationsV Soriano
Service of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Viral Hepat 11:2-17. 2004..These guidelines represent a comprehensive and updated overview on the management of hepatitis B and C in HIV-infected patients...
- Incidence, clinical characteristics and risk factors of late infection in solid organ transplant recipients: data from the RESITRA study groupR San Juan
Unit of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Am J Transplant 7:964-71. 2007..6-7.8). Severe LI occurs in a subgroup of high-risk SOT recipients who deserve a more careful follow-up and could benefit from prolonged prophylactic measures similar to that performed in the early period after transplantation...