José Tatay Vivò
- Peripheral subcutaneous vulvar stimulation in the management of severe and refractory vulvodyniaJose De Andres
Department of Anesthesiology, Valencia University Medical School, Valencia, Spain
Obstet Gynecol 121:495-8. 2013..Vulvodynia is a complex and multifactorial clinical condition with severe pain that occurs in the absence of visible infectious, inflammatory, neoplastic, or neurological findings...
- Cultural adaptation and validation of the painDETECT scale into SpanishJose De Andres
Critical Care and Multidisciplinary Pain Management Unit, Hospital Universitario General, Spain
Clin J Pain 28:243-53. 2012..The aim of this study was to culturally adapt into Spanish and validate the painDETECT questionnaire, a brief self-administered instrument designed to screen the presence of a neuropathic pain component in usual clinical practice...
- The safety of magnetic resonance imaging in patients with programmable implanted intrathecal drug delivery systems: a 3-year prospective studyJose De Andres
FIPP, Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care, and Pain Management, Valencia University General Hospital, Avda Tres Cruces s n, 46014 Valencia, Spain
Anesth Analg 112:1124-9. 2011..We performed a single-center, 3-year, prospective evaluation in patients with a programmable implanted IDD to assess patient discomfort, IDD technical failures, and adverse effects during and after exposure to MRI...
- Use of a spinal cord stimulator for treatment of Martorell hypertensive ulcerJose De Andres
Anesthesia Critical Care and Multidisciplinary Pain Management Department, General University Hospital, Avenida Tres Cruces s n, Valencia, Spain
Reg Anesth Pain Med 36:83-6. 2011..We present the case of a 71-year-old woman diagnosed with Martorell ulcer in the acute phase of the disease. The patient was treated with SCS to achieve both pain relief and healing of the cutaneous ulcer...
- A double-blind, controlled, randomized trial to evaluate the efficacy of botulinum toxin for the treatment of lumbar myofascial pain in humansJose De Andres
Valencia University Medical School, Spain
Reg Anesth Pain Med 35:255-60. 2010....
- Intrathecal granuloma formation in a patient receiving long-term spinal infusion of tramadolJose De Andres
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Multidisciplinary Pain Management, General University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Pain Med 11:1059-62. 2010..Its development seems to be related to the intrathecal administration of opioid drugs, although not all opioids induce granuloma formation with the same frequency...
- Can an intrathecal, catheter-tip-associated inflammatory mass reoccur?Jose De Andres
The Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Multidisciplinary Pain Management Department, General University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Clin J Pain 26:631-4. 2010..Its formation seems to be related to the intrathecal administration of opioid drugs, although not all opioids induce granuloma formation with the same frequency...
- The beneficial effect of spinal cord stimulation in a patient with severe cerebral ischemia and upper extremity ischemic painJose De Andres
Valencia University Medical School, and Multidisciplinary Pain Management Department, General University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Pain Pract 7:135-42. 2007..While all previous clinical treatments proved ineffective, cervical SCS afforded satisfactory results. Possible mechanisms underlying the cervical SCS effect are discussed...
- Magnetic resonance imaging in patients with spinal neurostimulation systemsJose De Andres
Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care, and Pain Management, Valencia University General Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Anesthesiology 106:779-86. 2007..A prospective in vivo study in patients with SCS, exploring the changes produced by MRI and the associated side effects, was performed...
- [Patient satisfaction with spinal cord stimulation for failed back surgery syndrome]J De Andres
Servicio de Anestesiologia, Reanimación y Unidad Multidisciplinar para el Tratamiento del Dolor, Consorcio Hospital General Universitario, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 54:17-22. 2007..The incidence of failed back surgery syndrome is about 40%. We studied the efficacy of and patient satisfaction with use of a spinal cord stimulator to treat this syndrome...
- Neural modulation by stimulationJose De Andres
Valencia General University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Pain Pract 6:39-45. 2006....
- Nerve stimulation in regional anesthesia: theory and practiceJose De Andres
Valencia University Medical School, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 19:153-74. 2005....
- Coccygodynia: a proposal for an algorithm for treatmentJose De Andres
Medical School, Multidisciplinary Pain Management Center and Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, General Hospital, Valencia University, Spain
J Pain 4:257-66. 2003..On the basis of an anatomic review, proposed pathogenesis of coccygodynia, and the number of treatment approaches that have been proposed, we propose an algorithm for therapeutic decision making in the treatment of this syndrome...
- Use of botulinum toxin in the treatment of chronic myofascial painJ De Andres
Multidisciplinary Pain Management Center, Department of Anesthesia, Valencia University General Hospital, Spain
Clin J Pain 19:269-75. 2003..Previous studies have suggested the usefulness of botulinum toxin A (BTX-A) in the treatment of MPS since it is capable of controlling muscular spasms, as well as other alternative mechanisms of action...
- Bilateral infusion pump implants as therapy for refractory corneal ulcers in a patient with CREST syndrome: an interdisciplinary approachJose De Andres
Departments of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and PainManagement, University General Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Arch Ophthalmol 126:964-7. 2008..We report a case of severe eye pain due to xerophthalmia in a patient with CREST (calcinosis, Raynaud phenomenon, esophageal dysmotility, sclerodactyly, and telangiectasia) syndrome who was treated with an implanted pump reservoir...