J A Solis-Herruzo
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha increases ATP content in metabolically inhibited L929 cells preceding cell deathJ A Sánchez-Alcázar
Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Carretera de Andalucía 4, 5, Madrid 28041, Spain
J Biol Chem 272:30167-77. 1997..We suggest that the TNF/actinomycin D- or TNF/cycloheximide-induced changes in intracellular ATP levels may be involved in the cytotoxic effect of TNF in metabolically inhibited L929 cells...
- G proteins are involved in the suppression of collagen alpha 1 (I) gene expression in cultured rat hepatic stellate cellsJ A Solis-Herruzo
Gastroenterologia, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Cell Signal 10:173-83. 1998..A Gs and a pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein seem to initiate cellular response. Transcription factors, acting in these pathways, must be identified. However, it seems that they do not need to be synthesised...
- Interleukin-6 increases rat metalloproteinase-13 gene expression through stimulation of activator protein 1 transcription factor in cultured fibroblastsJ A Solis-Herruzo
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30919-26. 1999..These effects of IL-6 might contribute to remodeling connective tissue...
- Decreased bone mineral density after therapy with alpha interferon in combination with ribavirin for chronic hepatitis CJ A Solis-Herruzo
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Hepatol 33:812-7. 2000..After observing a male patient who developed severe bone loss during this treatment, we studied skeletal status and bone mineral metabolism in patients on therapy with interferon plus ribavirin...
- NF-kappaB inhibits expression of the alpha1(I) collagen geneR A Rippe
Department of Medicine, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27955 7038, USA
DNA Cell Biol 18:751-61. 1999..Nuclear run-on assays showed that NF-kappaB p65 inhibited transcription of the endogenous alpha1(I) collagen gene. Together, these results demonstrate that NF-kappaB decreases transcription of the alpha1(I) collagen gene...
- Porphyria cutanea tarda as a predictor of poor response to interferon alfa therapy in chronic hepatitis CI Fernandez
Dept of Gastroenterology, Unit for the Study of Porphyrias, Pathology and Clinical Epidemiology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:314-9. 2003..Porphyria cutanea tarda (PCT) is sometimes associated with hepatitis C virus chronic infection. The aim of this study was to describe the effect of interferon alfa (IFN-alpha) in the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C and PCT...
- Autoimmune enteropathy in an adult with autoimmune multisystemic involvementB Casis
Dept of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1012-6. 2002..CD4+ and CD8+ lymphocytes were equally distributed in the lamina propria of the small intestine, but CD8+ cells were highly represented among intraepithelial lymphocytes...
- Liver metastases from uveal melanomaP Sánchez-Pobre
Service of Digestive Diseases, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:287-9. 2005
- Refractory hepatic hydrothorax: successful treatment with octreotideM Barreales
Service of Digestive Diseases, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:830-5. 2005..To the best of our knowledge, this is the third reported case of refractory hepatic hydrothorax with complete and sustained response to octreotide...
- Noninvasive assessment of liver fibrosis. Serum markers and transient elastography (FibroScan)J C Marín-Gabriel
Service of Digestive Diseases, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:787-99. 2009..The goal of this paper is to review available data on the staging and assessment of liver fibrosis with two methods: serum markers and transient elastography (FibroScan)...