- Integrated prevention of obesity and eating disorders: barriers, developments and opportunitiesDavid Sánchez-Carracedo
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
Public Health Nutr 15:2295-309. 2012..Furthermore, several examples of initiatives that have utilized an integrated approach to prevention are discussed...
- Analysis of the factor structure of the Sociocultural Attitudes Towards Appearance Questionnaire (SATAQ-3) in Spanish secondary-school students through exploratory structural equation modelingDavid Sánchez-Carracedo
Department Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Body Image 9:163-71. 2012..The differences between scores of different groups are in the expected direction, and support the validity of the questionnaire. We recommend a version excluding Item 20 and without reverse-keyed items...
- Dieting in Spanish adolescent girlsGemma López-Guimerà
Department Psicología Clínica y de la Salud, Edificio B, Campus de la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:234-40. 2008....
- Impact of a school-based disordered eating prevention program in adolescent girls: general and specific effects depending on adherence to the interactive activitiesGemma López-Guimerà
Dept Psicología Clínica y de la Salud, Edificio B, Campus de la Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
Span J Psychol 14:293-303. 2011..These results suggest the importance of monitoring adherence to the activities in all programs defined as "interactive". The implications and limitations of this study are discussed...
- Unhealthy weight-control behaviours, dieting and weight status: a cross-cultural comparison between North American and Spanish adolescentsGemma López-Guimerà
Dept of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Eat Disord Rev 21:276-83. 2013..Prevention interventions that address the broad spectrum of eating and weight-related problems should be warranted in light of the high prevalence and co-occurrence of overweight and unhealthy weight-related behaviours...
- A controlled assessment of school-based preventive programs for reducing eating disorder risk factors in adolescent Spanish girlsRosa M Raich
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eat Disord 16:255-72. 2008..In our opinion, the lack of lasting effects should be attributed to a series of considerations such as format, tests not validated for this age, or insufficient research...