- A school-based program implemented by community providers previously trained for the prevention of eating and weight-related problems in secondary-school adolescents: the MABIC study protocolDavid Sánchez-Carracedo
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra Cerdanyola del Vallès Barcelona, Spain
BMC Public Health 13:955. 2013..The main aim of this effectiveness trial protocol is to test whether this program has effects when incorporating an integrated approach to prevention and when previously-trained community providers implement the intervention...
- Integrated prevention of obesity and eating disorders: barriers, developments and opportunitiesDavid Sánchez-Carracedo
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
Public Health Nutr 15:2295-309. 2012..Furthermore, several examples of initiatives that have utilized an integrated approach to prevention are discussed...
- Analysis of the factor structure of the Sociocultural Attitudes Towards Appearance Questionnaire (SATAQ-3) in Spanish secondary-school students through exploratory structural equation modelingDavid Sánchez-Carracedo
Department Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Body Image 9:163-71. 2012..The differences between scores of different groups are in the expected direction, and support the validity of the questionnaire. We recommend a version excluding Item 20 and without reverse-keyed items...
- Dieting in Spanish adolescent girlsGemma López-Guimerà
Department Psicología Clínica y de la Salud, Edificio B, Campus de la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:234-40. 2008....
- Impact of a school-based disordered eating prevention program in adolescent girls: general and specific effects depending on adherence to the interactive activitiesGemma López-Guimerà
Dept Psicología Clínica y de la Salud, Edificio B, Campus de la Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
Span J Psychol 14:293-303. 2011..45) although the differences were not significant. These results suggest the importance of monitoring adherence to the activities in all programs defined as "interactive". The implications and limitations of this study are discussed...
- Unhealthy weight-control behaviours, dieting and weight status: a cross-cultural comparison between North American and Spanish adolescentsGemma López-Guimerà
Dept of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Eat Disord Rev 21:276-83. 2013..Prevention interventions that address the broad spectrum of eating and weight-related problems should be warranted in light of the high prevalence and co-occurrence of overweight and unhealthy weight-related behaviours...
- Sociocultural influences and body change strategies in Spanish adolescent boys of different weight statusCarlos A Almenara
Institute for Research on Children, Youth and Family, Faculty of Social Studies, Department of Psychology, Masaryk University, Jostova 10, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193, Bellaterra Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Eat Behav 15:654-7. 2014..There were no differences between groups in terms of internalization of an athletic-ideal body and BCS to increase muscles. Future research and prevention programs should consider male-specific behaviors and weight-status differences...
- A controlled assessment of school-based preventive programs for reducing eating disorder risk factors in adolescent Spanish girlsRosa M Raich
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eat Disord 16:255-72. 2008..In our opinion, the lack of lasting effects should be attributed to a series of considerations such as format, tests not validated for this age, or insufficient research...
- CLOCK 3111 T/C SNP interacts with emotional eating behavior for weight-loss in a Mediterranean populationGemma López-Guimerà
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e99152. 2014....