- A sodium-rich carbonated mineral water reduces cardiovascular risk in postmenopausal womenStefanie Schoppen
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del FrÃo, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Nutr 134:1058-63. 2004..7% (P < 0.0001). Triacylglycerol levels did not change. Consumption of this sodium rich carbonated water can play a beneficial role in the prevention of CVD and the metabolic syndrome...
- Bone remodelling is not affected by consumption of a sodium-rich carbonated mineral water in healthy postmenopausal womenStefanie Schoppen
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del Frio, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, C Jose Antonio Novais 10, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Br J Nutr 93:339-44. 2005..PINP and beta-CTX did not differ between the two periods. Daily consumption of 1 litre of Na-rich carbonated mineral water for 8 weeks does not affect bone remodelling in healthy postmenopausal women...
- Sodium-bicarbonated mineral water decreases aldosterone levels without affecting urinary excretion of bone mineralsStefanie Schoppen
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del Frio, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Int J Food Sci Nutr 59:347-55. 2008..AIM To assess in healthy postmenopausal women the influence of consuming sodium-bicarbonated mineral water on postprandial evolution of serum aldosterone and urinary electrolyte excretion...
- Reduction in cardiovascular risk by sodium-bicarbonated mineral water in moderately hypercholesterolemic young adultsAna M Perez-Granados
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del Frio, Institute of Food Science and Technology and Nutrition, Spanish National Research Council, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Nutr Biochem 21:948-53. 2010..This sodium-bicarbonated mineral water improves lipid profile in moderately hypercholesterolemic young men and women and could therefore be applied in dietary interventions to reduce cardiovascular risk...
- An oily fish diet increases insulin sensitivity compared to a red meat diet in young iron-deficient womenSantiago Navas-Carretero
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Institute of Food Science and Technology and Nutrition ICTAN, Spanish National Research Council CSIC, Jose Antonio Novais, 10, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Br J Nutr 102:546-53. 2009..An increase in oily fish consumption increases insulin sensitivity in young iron-deficient women. This outcome should be considered when giving dietary advice to this population...
- Sodium bicarbonated mineral water decreases postprandial lipaemia in postmenopausal women compared to a low mineral waterStefanie Schoppen
Department of Metabolism and Nutrition, Instituto del Frio, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, C Jose Antonio Novais, 10, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Br J Nutr 94:582-7. 2005..Bicarbonated mineral waters 1 and 2 did not show any significant differences. Drinking sodium bicarbonate-rich mineral waters reduces postprandial lipaemia in healthy postmenopausal women compared to drinking a low mineral water...
- Sex hormone-binding globulin levels and metabolic syndrome and its features in adolescentsIria de Oya
Lipid Research Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Diabetes 11:188-94. 2010..Low levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) are associated with obesity, insulin resistance, and metabolic syndrome (MS) in men and women, and it has been suggested that SHBG could be a useful marker for MS risk...
- Hormone levels in 12- to 15-year-old boys and girls in Spain and their relationship with anthropometric variablesCarmen Garces
Lipid Unit, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Clin Biochem 41:621-4. 2008..To determine hormone levels in a population-based sample of pubertal children and evaluate their association with anthropometric parameters...