Affiliation: Santiago de Compostela
- Nogueiras R, Veyrat Durebex C, Suchanek P, Klein M, Tschop J, Caldwell C, et al. Peripheral, but not central, CB1 antagonism provides food intake-independent metabolic benefits in diet-induced obese rats. Diabetes. 2008;57:2977-91 pubmed publisher..Several relevant metabolic processes appear to independently benefit from peripheral blockade of CB1, while CNS-CB1 blockade alone predominantly affects food intake and body weight. ..
- MartÃnez SÃ¡nchez N, Alvarez C, FernÃ¸ J, Nogueiras R, DiÃ©guez C, LÃ³pez M. Hypothalamic effects of thyroid hormones on metabolism. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;28:703-12 pubmed publisher..More extensive knowledge about these molecular mechanisms will be of great relevance for the treatment of obesity and metabolic syndrome. ..
- Tudurí E, Beiroa D, Stegbauer J, Fernø J, Lopez M, Dieguez C, et al. Acute stimulation of brain mu opioid receptors inhibits glucose-stimulated insulin secretion via sympathetic innervation. Neuropharmacology. 2016;110:322-332 pubmed publisher..Our results show for the first time a new role of the central opioid system, specifically the MOR, in the regulation of insulin secretion and glucose metabolism. ..
- Porteiro B, Fondevila M, Buqué X, Gonzalez Rellan M, Fernandez U, Mora A, et al. Pharmacological stimulation of p53 with low-dose doxorubicin ameliorates diet-induced nonalcoholic steatosis and steatohepatitis. Mol Metab. 2018;8:132-143 pubmed publisher..These data provide new evidence for targeting p53 as a strategy to treat liver disease. ..
- Imbernon M, Sanchez Rebordelo E, Romero Picó A, Kallo I, Chee M, Porteiro B, et al. Hypothalamic kappa opioid receptor mediates both diet-induced and melanin concentrating hormone-induced liver damage through inflammation and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Hepatology. 2016;64:1086-104 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2016;64:1086-1104). ..
- Folgueira C, Sanchez Rebordelo E, Barja Fernandez S, Leis R, Tovar S, Casanueva F, et al. Uroguanylin levels in intestine and plasma are regulated by nutritional status in a leptin-dependent manner. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:529-536 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that UGN levels are correlated with energy balance status and that the regulation of UGN by nutritional status is leptin-dependent. ..
- Nogueiras R, Perez Tilve D, Veyrat Durebex C, Morgan D, Varela L, Haynes W, et al. Direct control of peripheral lipid deposition by CNS GLP-1 receptor signaling is mediated by the sympathetic nervous system and blunted in diet-induced obesity. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5916-25 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the CNS GLP-1 system loses the capacity to modulate adipocyte metabolism in obese states, suggesting an obesity-induced adipocyte resistance to CNS GLP-1. ..
- Tudurí E, Lopez M, Dieguez C, Nadal A, Nogueiras R. GPR55 and the regulation of glucose homeostasis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;88:204-207 pubmed publisher..Finally, the therapeutic potential of targeting the GPR55 receptor is also discussed. ..
- Romero Picó A, Sanchez Rebordelo E, Imbernon M, González Touceda D, Folgueira C, Senra A, et al. Melanin-Concentrating Hormone acts through hypothalamic kappa opioid system and p70S6K to stimulate acute food intake. Neuropharmacology. 2018;130:62-70 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that lateral hypothalamic k-OR system modulates the orexigenic action of MCH via the p70S6K/S6 pathway. ..
- Imbernon M, Whyte L, Diaz Arteaga A, Russell W, Moreno N, Vazquez M, et al. Regulation of GPR55 in rat white adipose tissue and serum LPI by nutritional status, gestation, gender and pituitary factors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;383:159-69 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that GPR55 and LPI are regulated by different physiological and pathophysiological settings known to be associated with marked alterations in energy status. ..
- Porteiro B, Diaz Ruiz A, Martinez G, Senra A, Vidal A, Serrano M, et al. Ghrelin requires p53 to stimulate lipid storage in fat and liver. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3671-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results show that p53 is necessary for the actions of ghrelin on WAT and liver, leading to changes in expression levels of lipogenic and adipogenic genes, and modifying body weight. ..