Jose M Sanchez-Tapias
- Peginterferon-alfa2a plus ribavirin for 48 versus 72 weeks in patients with detectable hepatitis C virus RNA at week 4 of treatmentJose M Sanchez-Tapias
Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 131:451-60. 2006..This study investigated whether treatment for 72 weeks increases the rate of SVR in patients with detectable hepatitis C virus (HCV)-RNA levels at week 4 of treatment...
- [Pharmacological agents for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B]Jose M Sanchez-Tapias
Servicio de Hepatologia, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:120-8. 2008
- Development and validation of two models for early prediction of response to therapy in genotype 1 chronic hepatitis CEva Martinez-Bauer
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 43:72-80. 2006..In conclusion, these models predicted response to therapy before or after 4 weeks of treatment in approximately 60% of genotype 1 patients and may be valuable for the management of this condition...
- Dynamics of hepatitis C virus NS5A quasispecies during interferon and ribavirin therapy in responder and non-responder patients with genotype 1b chronic hepatitis CFrancesc Puig-Basagoiti
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Departament de Medicina IMD, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Gen Virol 86:1067-75. 2005..These observations suggest that the composition and dynamics of HCV NS5A quasispecies, particularly in the V3 domain, may play a role in the response to combined IFN/ribavirin therapy...
- Hepatitis C: who should you treat and how?Jose M Sanchez Tapias
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Blood Purif 20:124-36. 2002....
- Randomized trial comparing pegylated interferon alpha-2b versus pegylated interferon alpha-2a, both plus ribavirin, to treat chronic hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus patientsMontserrat Laguno
Infectious Diseases Service, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 49:22-31. 2009..47). Conclusion: In patients with HIV, HCV therapy with PEG 2b or PEG 2a plus RBV had no significant differences in efficacy and safety...
- Life-threatening cryoglobulinemia: clinical and immunological characterization of 29 casesManuel Ramos-Casals
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Arthritis Rheum 36:189-96. 2006..To analyze the etiology, clinical presentation, and outcomes of patients with life-threatening cryoglobulinemic vasculitis...
- Influence of hepatitis B virus genotype on the long-term outcome of chronic hepatitis B in western patientsJose M Sanchez-Tapias
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Spain
Gastroenterology 123:1848-56. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate if the variable outcome of chronic hepatitis B may be related to hepatitis B virus (HBV) genotype...