- [Gastrointestinal and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors]Ramon Salazar
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Institut Catala d Oncologia, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 127:227-31. 2006
- Rare functioning pancreatic endocrine tumorsDermot O'Toole
Department of Gastroenterology, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Neuroendocrinology 84:189-95. 2006
- Phase I study of weekly kahalalide F as prolonged infusion in patients with advanced solid tumorsR Salazar
Instituto Catalán de Oncología, Ctra Gran Vía, 08907 s n L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:75-83. 2013..This dose-escalating phase I clinical trial evaluated the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and the recommended dose for further phase II studies (RD) of weekly KF given as a prolonged (3- to 24-h) intravenous (i.v.) infusion...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of elisidepsin (PM02734) in patients with advanced solid tumorsR Salazar
Instituto Catalán de Oncología, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Avda Gran Via 199 203, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 70:673-81. 2012..To determine the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), and recommended phase II dose (RD) of elisidepsin...
- Phase II study of preoperative radiotherapy and concomitant weekly intravenous oxaliplatin combined with oral capecitabine for stages II-III rectal cancerRamon Salazar
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Autovía Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 14:592-8. 2012..A prospective phase II study was conducted to assess the clinical activity and tolerability of oxaliplatin, capecitabine, and radiotherapy (RT) for neoadjuvant therapy of stages II-III rectal cancer...
- Gene expression signature to improve prognosis prediction of stage II and III colorectal cancerRamon Salazar
Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Av Gran Vía 199 203, Barcelona, Spain 08907
J Clin Oncol 29:17-24. 2011..This study aims to develop a robust gene expression classifier that can predict disease relapse in patients with early-stage colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Potential synergies for combined targeted therapy in the treatment of neuroendocrine cancerRamon Salazar
Institut Catal DOncologiaIDIBELL, LHospitalet Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Drugs 71:841-52. 2011..Results of ongoing trials of dual-targeted therapy combinations will define future therapies for advanced WDNET...
- Phase I study of weekly plitidepsin as 1-hour infusion combined with carboplatin in patients with advanced solid tumors or lymphomasRamon Salazar
Instituto Catalán de Oncología, Ctra Gran Vía, S N, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, 08907, Barcelona, Spain
Invest New Drugs 29:1406-13. 2011..4 months. In conclusion, plitidepsin 2.4 mg/m(2) and carboplatin AUC = 5 min*mg/ml is a safe dose for future phase II studies evaluating the use of this combination in cancer patients potentially sensitive to platinum-based therapy...
- Cisplatin plus weekly CPT-11/docetaxel in advanced esophagogastric cancer: a phase I study with pharmacogenetic assessment of XPD, XRCC3 and UGT1A1 polymorphismsAlbert Font
Medical Oncology Service, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Crta Canyet s n, 08916, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:1075-83. 2008....
- Stromal interaction molecule 2 (STIM2) is frequently overexpressed in colorectal tumors and confers a tumor cell growth suppressor phenotypeAlvaro Aytes
Translational Research Laboratory, Institut Català d Oncologia Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Carcinog 51:746-53. 2012....
- Hepatic carcinoma-associated fibroblasts promote an adaptative response in colorectal cancer cells that inhibit proliferation and apoptosis: nonresistant cells die by nonapoptotic cell deathMireia Berdiel-Acer
Laboratory of Translational Research, Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Neoplasia 13:931-46. 2011..Therefore, the liver microenvironment induces more efficiently the aggressiveness of colorectal cancer cells than other matched microenvironments do but secondarily evokes cell death. Resistant cells displayed higher stemness capacity...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of trabectedin 3-hour infusion every three weeks in patients with advanced cancer and alteration of hepatic functionBeatriz Pardo
Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oncol 29:2240-50. 2012..Stratification criteria based on baseline AP apparently did not segregate the patients according to their liver dysfunction degree. Antitumor activity was found in patients with pretreated ovarian cancer...
- Molecular targeted therapies in the treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsJaume Capdevila
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Target Oncol 4:287-96. 2009..In this article we aim to review the recent development of the main molecules that target these proteins and have showed promising activity in the treatment of GEPNETs...
- A phase I dose-escalating study of ES-285, a marine sphingolipid-derived compound, with repeat dose administration in patients with advanced solid tumorsEduardo Vilar
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Ps Vall d Hebron, 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Invest New Drugs 30:299-305. 2012..A phase I study was performed in patients with advanced solid tumors to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), establish a safety profile, and to evaluate pharmacokinetics and efficacy of the drug...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of kahalalide F administered weekly as a 1-hour infusion to patients with advanced solid tumorsBeatriz Pardo
Institut Català d Oncologia and Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 14:1116-23. 2008....
- A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of paclitaxel and docetaxel given in combination in patients with solid tumoursMiguel Angel Izquierdo
Department of Clinical Oncology, IDIBELL, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospital Duran i Reynals, Avda Gran Via, S N, Km 2, 7, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer 42:1789-96. 2006..The pharmacokinetics of PTX are not influenced by DTX but DTX pharmacokinetics depend on the sequence of administration, which influences its haematological toxicity profile...
- Gene expression differences between colon and rectum tumorsRebeca Sanz-Pamplona
Unit of Biomarkers and Susceptibility, Catalan Institute of Oncology, IDIBELL, and CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 17:7303-12. 2011..We conducted a molecular study based on gene expression data of tumors from colon and rectum to assess the degree of similarity between these cancer sites at transcriptomic level...
- A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study (LIPOTEC - GP PHARM/DOXO 01) of a new liposomal doxorubicin given as 3-week schedule in patients with solid tumorsMargarita Majem
Institut Catala D Oncologia Duran i Reynals, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
J Liposome Res 19:261-6. 2009..The recommended dose is 70 mg/m(2) with prophylactic antihistamines and corticoids to preempt allergic reaction...
- Phase I trial of oxaliplatin in combination with cisplatin, protacted-infusion fluorouracil, and radiotherapy in advanced esophageal and gastroesophageal carcinomaJoan Maurel
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:91-6. 2005..To define the maximum-tolerated dose of oxaliplatin given with cisplatin, protacted 96-h infusion of fluorouracil, and radiotherapy for patients with advanced esophageal cancer...
- Association between habitual dietary flavonoid and lignan intake and colorectal cancer in a Spanish case-control study (the Bellvitge Colorectal Cancer Study)Raul Zamora-Ros
Unit of Nutrition, Environment and Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Research Programme, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Avda Gran Via 199 203, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Causes Control 24:549-57. 2013..However, current epidemiological evidence for a protective effect of flavonoid intake upon colorectal cancer is promising but not conclusive...
- PRL-3 overexpression in epithelial cells is induced by surrounding stromal fibroblastsDavid G Mollevi
Translational Research Laboratory, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cancer 8:46. 2009..We demonstrate that products secreted by CAFs trigger PRL-3 overexpression in cancer cells. Identification of these factors may contribute to new stroma-targeted therapies for desmoplastic tumours...
- Innovations therapy: mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitors for the treatment of neuroendocrine tumorsJaume Capdevila
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Metastasis Rev 30:27-34. 2011..In this article, we aim to review the recent development of the main molecules that target mTOR complex and have showed promising activity in the treatment of GEPNETs...
- Chemotherapy and role of the proliferation marker Ki-67 in digestive neuroendocrine tumorsEduardo Vilar
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:221-32. 2007..Also a comprehensive review of the literature about chemotherapy in NETs is presented...
- Sorafenib in combination with oxaliplatin, leucovorin, and fluorouracil (modified FOLFOX6) as first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: the RESPECT trialJosep Tabernero
Vall d Hebron University Hospital and Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 19:2541-50. 2013..This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase IIb study evaluated adding sorafenib to first-line modified FOLFOX6 (mFOLFOX6) for metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- Differences in patient postoperative and long-term outcomes between obstructive and perforated colonic cancerSebastiano Biondo
Department of Surgery, Colorectal Unit, University Hospital of Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg 195:427-32. 2008..The aim of this observational study was to analyze the differences between patients with obstructive and perforated colonic cancer who managed with emergency curative surgery...
- Gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumoursIrvin M Modlin
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
Lancet Oncol 9:61-72. 2008..Progress is unlikely to occur without development of centers of excellence, with dedicated combined clinical teams to coordinate multicentre studies, maintain clinical and tissue databases, and refine molecularly targeted therapeutics...