- Everolimus-eluting stent versus bare-metal stent in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (EXAMINATION): 1 year results of a randomised controlled trialManel Sabate
University Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Lancet 380:1482-90. 2012..We report the 1-year result of the EXAMINATION (clinical Evaluation of the Xience-V stent in Acute Myocardial INfArcTION) trial, comparing EES with bare-metal stents (BMS) in patients with STEMI...
- Rationale and design of the EXAMINATION trial: a randomised comparison between everolimus-eluting stents and cobalt-chromium bare-metal stents in ST-elevation myocardial infarctionManel Sabate
University Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
EuroIntervention 7:977-84. 2011..There are however few data regarding the effectiveness of EES in the context of STEMI...
- Emergent versus elective percutaneous stent implantation in the unprotected left main: long-term outcomes from a single-center registryVictoria Martin-Yuste
Department of Cardiology, Clinic Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villaroel 170, Planta 6 Esc 3, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
J Invasive Cardiol 23:392-7. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate ULM-PCI as a feasible and safe procedure in the emergent setting, and to analyze outcomes in both scenarios...
- Endothelial progenitor cell capturing stent and short dual antiplatelet therapy in patients on chronic anti-vitamin k regimen undergoing percutaneous coronary interventions: long-term outcomes of a single centre registryVictoria Martin-Yuste
Interventional Cardiology Unit, University Hospital of Saint Paul, Barcelona, Spain
EuroIntervention 6:831-7. 2011..To evaluate outcomes of the endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) capture stent in patients on chronic anti-vitamin K (AVK) regimen, requiring percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Adequate antiplatelet regimen in patients on chronic anti-vitamin K treatment undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionSalvatore Brugaletta
Salvatore Brugaletta, Victoria Martin Yuste, Luis Alvarez Contreras, Manel Sabaté, Thorax Institute, Department of Cardiology, Hospital Clinic, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
World J Cardiol 3:367-73. 2011..To investigate the impact of dual antiplatelet therapy (DAT) in patients on anti-vitamin K (AVK) regimen requiring percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Diabetes mellitus: a prothrombotic state implications for outcomes after coronary revascularizationClarissa Cola
Department of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology Unit, Sant Pau University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:101-19. 2009..Possible contributing factors that led to synergistic thrombotic effects are discussed...
- Everolimus-eluting stent versus bare metal stent in proximal left anterior descending ST-elevation myocardial infarction: insights from the EXAMINATION trialJosep Gomez-Lara
Heart Institute, University Hospital of Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Am Heart J 166:119-26. 2013..The aim is to compare outcomes of patients with STEMI and proximal-LAD lesions treated with bare-metal stents (BMS) versus everolimus-eluting stents (EES)...
- Isolated right ventricular infarction presenting with anterior ST-segment elevation: a case for careful assessment of right ventricular branch occlusionSergio Nabais
Interventional Cardiology Section, Cardiology Department, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Port Cardiol 31:301-4. 2012....
- Factors determining success in percutaneous revascularization of chronic total coronary occlusion: multidetector computed tomography analysisVictoria Martin-Yuste
Servicio de Cardiologia, Instituto del Tórax, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl) 65:334-40. 2012..In this study, we investigate the multidetector computed tomography features associated with failure of percutaneous treatment for chronic total coronary occlusion...
- Double antiplatelet therapy after drug-eluting stent implantation: risk associated with discontinuation within the first yearIgnacio Ferreira-Gonzalez
Epidemiology Unit of the Cardiology Department, Vall d Hebron Hospital, and Red de Enfermedades Cardiovasculares RECAVA, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:1333-9. 2012..The goal of this study was to assess the risk associated with double antiplatelet therapy (DAT) discontinuation, and specifically, temporary discontinuation, during the first year after drug-eluting stent (DES) implantation...
- Left main coronary artery stenosis following surgical valve replacement: changing valvular into ischemic heart diseaseClarissa Cola
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Cardiology, Sant Pau University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Invasive Cardiol 21:E9-11. 2009..Here we discuss two cases of late presentation of iatrogenic coronary ostial stenosis following valve replacement surgery. Both cases were successfully treated with percutaneous intervention and stent implantation...
- Zotarolimus for the treatment of coronary artery disease: pathophysiology, DES design, clinical evaluation and future perspectiveSalvatore Brugaletta
University Hospital of San Pau, Interventional Cardiology Department, Barcelona, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:1047-58. 2009..Zotarolimus is an anti-proliferative drug used exclusively in the design of coronary drug eluting stent...
- [Integration between cardiology and primary care: impact on clinical practice]Carlos Falces
Servicio de Cardiologia, Instituto Clínico del Tórax, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:564-71. 2011..The integrated care consists of a hospital cardiologist in each primary care clinic, shared clinical history, joint practice guidelines, consultation sessions, and other coordinating tools...
- Secondary revascularisation following intracoronary brachytherapyManel Sabate
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Cardiology Department, Sant Pau University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
EuroIntervention 5:D121-6. 2009..This review describes the potentials and limitations of this therapy, as well as the current status in the drug-eluting stent era...