- Drug eluting stent implantation in patients requiring concomitant vitamin K antagonist therapy. One-year outcome of the worldwide e-SELECT registryManel Sabate
Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:2522-7. 2013..Outcome of sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) in patients treated with an antivitamin K (VKA) agent before the PCI procedure is unknown...
- Everolimus-eluting stent versus bare-metal stent in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (EXAMINATION): 1 year results of a randomised controlled trialManel Sabate
University Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Lancet 380:1482-90. 2012..We report the 1-year result of the EXAMINATION (clinical Evaluation of the Xience-V stent in Acute Myocardial INfArcTION) trial, comparing EES with bare-metal stents (BMS) in patients with STEMI...
- Rationale and design of the EXAMINATION trial: a randomised comparison between everolimus-eluting stents and cobalt-chromium bare-metal stents in ST-elevation myocardial infarctionManel Sabate
University Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
EuroIntervention 7:977-84. 2011..There are however few data regarding the effectiveness of EES in the context of STEMI...
- Emergent versus elective percutaneous stent implantation in the unprotected left main: long-term outcomes from a single-center registryVictoria Martin-Yuste
Department of Cardiology, Clinic Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villaroel 170, Planta 6 Esc 3, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
J Invasive Cardiol 23:392-7. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate ULM-PCI as a feasible and safe procedure in the emergent setting, and to analyze outcomes in both scenarios...
- Endothelial progenitor cell capturing stent and short dual antiplatelet therapy in patients on chronic anti-vitamin k regimen undergoing percutaneous coronary interventions: long-term outcomes of a single centre registryVictoria Martin-Yuste
Interventional Cardiology Unit, University Hospital of Saint Paul, Barcelona, Spain
EuroIntervention 6:831-7. 2011..To evaluate outcomes of the endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) capture stent in patients on chronic anti-vitamin K (AVK) regimen, requiring percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- [Usefulness of the Tornus® catheter in nondilatable coronary chronic total occlusion]Victoria Martin-Yuste
Sección de Hemodinámica, Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Clinic, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:935-8. 2011..The use of the Tornus® catheter is safe and feasible in those patients with CTO lesions in whom balloon angioplasty has been unsuccessful...
- Predictors and clinical implications of stent thrombosis in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: Insights from the EXAMINATION trialSalvatore Brugaletta
University Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cardiol 168:2632-6. 2013..We sought to investigate the predictors and clinical implications of 1-year stent thrombosis (ST) in patients with STEMI, included in the EXAMINATION trial...
- Percutaneous transcatheter aortic valve implantation: present and future perspectiveDiego Fernandez
Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Expert Rev Med Devices 10:185-99. 2013..Thus, the aim of the present paper is to review the salient features of the two most used systems today (third-generation CoreValve and Edwards SAPIEN XT(®)) as well as to provide data on other emerging valves and future perspectives...
- Dual antiplatelet therapy versus oral anticoagulation plus dual antiplatelet therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation and low-to-moderate thromboembolic risk undergoing coronary stenting: design of the MUSICA-2 randomized trialAntonia Sambola
Cardiology Department, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Am Heart J 166:669-75. 2013..In patients with AF requiring PCI-S, the association of DAPT and OAC carries an increased risk of bleeding, whereas OAC therapy or DAPT alone may not protect against the risk of developing new ischemic or thromboembolic events...
- Adequate antiplatelet regimen in patients on chronic anti-vitamin K treatment undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionSalvatore Brugaletta
Salvatore Brugaletta, Victoria Martin Yuste, Luis Alvarez Contreras, Manel Sabaté, Thorax Institute, Department of Cardiology, Hospital Clinic, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
World J Cardiol 3:367-73. 2011..To investigate the impact of dual antiplatelet therapy (DAT) in patients on anti-vitamin K (AVK) regimen requiring percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Isolated right ventricular infarction presenting with anterior ST-segment elevation: a case for careful assessment of right ventricular branch occlusionSergio Nabais
Interventional Cardiology Section, Cardiology Department, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Port Cardiol 31:301-4. 2012....
- Factors determining success in percutaneous revascularization of chronic total coronary occlusion: multidetector computed tomography analysisVictoria Martin-Yuste
Servicio de Cardiologia, Instituto del Tórax, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed) 65:334-40. 2012..In this study, we investigate the multidetector computed tomography features associated with failure of percutaneous treatment for chronic total coronary occlusion...
- Diabetes mellitus: a prothrombotic state implications for outcomes after coronary revascularizationClarissa Cola
Department of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology Unit, Sant Pau University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:101-19. 2009..Possible contributing factors that led to synergistic thrombotic effects are discussed...
- Improvement of myocardial function and perfusion after successful percutaneous revascularization in patients with chronic total coronary occlusionSandra Pujadas
Cardiology Department, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 169:147-52. 2013..This study aimed to assess ventricular function and myocardial ischemia before and after PCI for CTO using cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR). NYHA functional class was also assessed before and after PCI...
- Everolimus-eluting stent versus bare metal stent in proximal left anterior descending ST-elevation myocardial infarction: insights from the EXAMINATION trialJosep Gomez-Lara
Heart Institute, University Hospital of Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Am Heart J 166:119-26. 2013..The aim is to compare outcomes of patients with STEMI and proximal-LAD lesions treated with bare-metal stents (BMS) versus everolimus-eluting stents (EES)...
- One-year head to head comparison of the neointimal response between sirolimus eluting stent with reservoir technology and everolimus eluting stent: an optical coherence tomography studyYoshitaka Shiratori
Deparment of Cardiology, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 82:E428-36. 2013..to compare the vascular healing process between the sirolimus-eluting NEVO and the everolimus-eluting Xience stent by optical coherence tomography (OCT) at 1-year follow-up...
- Double antiplatelet therapy after drug-eluting stent implantation: risk associated with discontinuation within the first yearIgnacio Ferreira-Gonzalez
Epidemiology Unit of the Cardiology Department, Vall d Hebron Hospital, and Red de Enfermedades Cardiovasculares RECAVA, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:1333-9. 2012..The goal of this study was to assess the risk associated with double antiplatelet therapy (DAT) discontinuation, and specifically, temporary discontinuation, during the first year after drug-eluting stent (DES) implantation...
- Left main coronary artery stenosis following surgical valve replacement: changing valvular into ischemic heart diseaseClarissa Cola
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Cardiology, Sant Pau University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Invasive Cardiol 21:E9-11. 2009..Here we discuss two cases of late presentation of iatrogenic coronary ostial stenosis following valve replacement surgery. Both cases were successfully treated with percutaneous intervention and stent implantation...
- Zotarolimus for the treatment of coronary artery disease: pathophysiology, DES design, clinical evaluation and future perspectiveSalvatore Brugaletta
University Hospital of San Pau, Interventional Cardiology Department, Barcelona, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:1047-58. 2009..Zotarolimus is an anti-proliferative drug used exclusively in the design of coronary drug eluting stent...
- [Integration between cardiology and primary care: impact on clinical practice]Carlos Falces
Servicio de Cardiologia, Instituto Clínico del Tórax, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:564-71. 2011..The integrated care consists of a hospital cardiologist in each primary care clinic, shared clinical history, joint practice guidelines, consultation sessions, and other coordinating tools...
- Secondary revascularisation following intracoronary brachytherapyManel Sabate
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Cardiology Department, Sant Pau University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
EuroIntervention 5:D121-6. 2009..This review describes the potentials and limitations of this therapy, as well as the current status in the drug-eluting stent era...