Luis A Rubio
- Carbohydrates digestibility and faecal nitrogen excretion in rats fed raw or germinated faba bean (Vicia faba)- and chickpea (Cicer arietinum)-based dietsLuis A Rubio
Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Unidad de Nutrición, Profesor Albareda 1, 18008 Granada, Spain
Br J Nutr 90:301-9. 2003..Faecal NSP digestibility values for legume diets were 40-57 g/100 g ingested. Germination decreased starch faecal excretion (P<0.05) and increased (P<0.05) faecal starch and NSP digestibilities of faba bean seeds...
- Morphology and enzymatic activity of the small intestinal mucosa of Iberian pigs as compared with a lean pig strainL A Rubio
Dpto de Fisiología y Bioquímica de la Nutrición Animal IFNA, EEZ, CSIC, Profesor Albareda 1, Granada, Spain
J Anim Sci 88:3590-7. 2010..We concluded that differences previously found in dietary nutritional utilization between Iberian and lean strains are likely not due to differences in intestinal absorption or hydrolytic capacity...
- Uptake of 2S albumin allergens, Ber e 1 and Ses i 1, across human intestinal epithelial Caco-2 cell monolayersF Javier Moreno
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales CSIC, C Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 54:8631-9. 2006....
- Differences in portal flow rates of amino acids and liver composition between rats fed casein or lactalbuminLuis A Rubio
Departamento Fisiología y Bioquímica de la Nutrición Animal INA, EEZ, CSIC, Instituto de Nutrición Animal, Granada, Spain
Arch Anim Nutr 65:497-511. 2011....
- Anti-carcinogenic soyabean Bowman-Birk inhibitors survive faecal fermentation in their active form and do not affect the microbiota composition in vitroM Carmen Marin-Manzano
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology of Animal Nutrition, Institute of Animal Nutrition, Estación Experimental del Zaidín CSIC, Profesor Albareda 1, 18008 Granada, Spain
Br J Nutr 101:967-71. 2009..BBI retains significance, therefore, as a bioactive compound in the human GIT...
- Transport of amino acids from in vitro digested legume proteins or casein in Caco-2 cell culturesLuis A Rubio
Unidad de Nutrición, Estación Experimental del Zaidín CSIC, Profesor Albareda 1, 18008 Granada, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 50:5202-6. 2002..Results confirm previous in vivo observations that amino acids from legume proteins are probably absorbed at rates different from those in other proteins of animal origin such as casein...
- Determination of diaminopimelic acid in rat feces by high-performance liquid chromatography using the Pico Tag methodLuis A Rubio
Unidad de Nutrición, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Granada, Spain
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 784:125-9. 2003..56 and 2.98 mg g(-1). The advantages of the method and the relevance of the results for nutritional studies in monogastric animals are discussed...
- Nutritional utilization by the rat of diets based on lentil (Lens culinaris) seed meal or its fractionsCarmen Cuadrado
, SGIT-INIA, Apartado 8111, 28080 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 50:4371-6. 2002..05) reduced by diets containing lentil globulins or lentil hulls. The poor nutritional quality of raw lentil meal for rats is therefore likely to be primarily due to the combined effects of these two components...
- Lupin (Lupinus albus) protein isolate (L-ISO) has adequate nutritional value and reduces large intestinal weight in rats after restricted and ad libitum feedingSilvia Caligari
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 50:528-37. 2006..CONCLUSION: The L-ISO diet did not affect feed intake and has adequate nutritional quality in rats whilst modifying large intestinal weight in a potentially beneficial manner--suggesting potential for this protein in human nutrition...