Affiliation: Rovira i Virgili University
- A primary-school-based study to reduce prevalence of childhood obesity in Catalunya (Spain)--EDAL-Educació en alimentació: study protocol for a randomised controlled trialMontse Giralt
Educació i Promoció de la Salut, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan, Unitat de Farmacobiologia, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Trials 12:54. 2011....
- Evaluation of oxidative stress biomarkers in patients with chronic renal failure: a case control studyMarta Romeu
Pharmacology Unit, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
BMC Res Notes 3:20. 2010..The disequilibrium in the oxidant-antioxidant balance is the result of several metabolic changes. The majority of studies to-date have evaluated the grade of oxidative stress with a single biomarker, or a very limited number of them...
- Polypodium leucotomos extract inhibits glutathione oxidation and prevents Langerhans cell depletion induced by UVB/UVA radiation in a hairless rat modelMiquel Mulero
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Exp Dermatol 17:653-8. 2008..In addition, PL inhibited UVR-mediated Langerhans cell (LC) depletion. Our results demonstrate the efficacy of PL as an oral antioxidant and photoimmunoprotective agent and support its employment as a complement to topical sunscreens...
- Polyphenol-rich foods exhibit DNA antioxidative properties and protect the glutathione system in healthy subjectsAnna Pedret
Unitat de Recerca en Lipids i Arteriosclerosi, CIBERDEM, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan, IISPV, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Mol Nutr Food Res 56:1025-33. 2012....
- Melatonin reduces oxidative stress in erythrocytes and plasma of senescence-accelerated miceM Rosa Nogués
Unit of Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Rovira i Virgili University, Reus, Spain
J Pineal Res 41:142-9. 2006..Melatonin, as an antioxidant molecule, improved the glutathione-related parameters, prevented the induction of GPX in senescent groups, and promoted a decrease in SOD and TBARS in almost all the groups...
- Diet, iron biomarkers and oxidative stress in a representative sample of Mediterranean populationMarta Romeu
Nutrition and Public Health Unit, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Catalonia, Spain
Nutr J 12:102. 2013....
- Effect of different doses of iron supplementation during pregnancy on maternal and infant healthBlanca Ribot
IISPV, Unitat de Salut Pública i Nutrició, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Ann Hematol 92:221-9. 2013..With these iron stores, supplementation with iron at daily doses of between 60 and 100 mg appears to be the most beneficial for the health of mother and child. These findings need to be confirmed in further randomised clinical trials...
- Oxidative stress-related markers and langerhans cells in a hairless rat model exposed to UV radiationMiquel Mulero
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Rovira i Virgili University, Reus, Spain
J Toxicol Environ Health A 69:1371-85. 2006..Thus, the hairless rat appears to be a useful model for studying the oxidative stress-related mechanisms after UV radiation, which are involved in the loss of the immune capacity mediated by Langerhans cells, even at suberythemal doses...