- Arpón A, Milagro F, Razquin C, Corella D, Estruch R, Fito M, et al. Impact of Consuming Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Nuts within a Mediterranean Diet on DNA Methylation in Peripheral White Blood Cells within the PREDIMED-Navarra Randomized Controlled Trial: A Role for Dietary Lipids. Nutrients. 2017;10: pubmed publisher
- GarcÃa Layana A, Ciufo G, Toledo E, MartÃnez GonzÃ¡lez M, Corella D, FitÃ³ M, et al. The Effect of a Mediterranean Diet on the Incidence of Cataract Surgery. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to investigate whether a MedDiet could have a preventive role in cataract surgery. ..
- Camarena C, Aldámiz Echevarría L, Polo B, Barba Romero M, GarcÃa I, Cebolla J, et al. Update on lysosomal acid lipase deficiency: Diagnosis, treatment and patient management. Med Clin (Barc). 2017;148:429.e1-429.e10 pubmed publisher..In this paper we set out practical recommendations to identify and monitor patients with LALD, including a diagnostic algorithm, along with an updated treatment. ..
- Corella D, Coltell O, Sorli J, Estruch R, Quiles L, Martinez Gonzalez M, et al. Polymorphism of the Transcription Factor 7-Like 2 Gene (TCF7L2) Interacts with Obesity on Type-2 Diabetes in the PREDIMED Study Emphasizing the Heterogeneity of Genetic Variants in Type-2 Diabetes Risk Prediction: Time for Obesity-Specific Genetic Ri. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed..In conclusion, we provide strong evidence supporting the need for considering obesity when analyzing the TCF7L2 effects and propose the use of obesity-specific GRS for T2D. ..
- Corella D, Asensio E, Coltell O, SorlÃ J, Estruch R, MartÃnez GonzÃ¡lez M, et al. CLOCK gene variation is associated with incidence of type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in type-2 diabetic subjects: dietary modulation in the PREDIMED randomized trial. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:4 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we report for the first time an association between a CLOCK polymorphism and stroke in T2D subjects, suggesting that core clock genes may significantly contribute to increased CVD risk in T2D. ..
- Doménech M, Roman P, Lapetra J, García De La Corte F, Sala Vila A, de la Torre R, et al. Mediterranean diet reduces 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure, blood glucose, and lipids: one-year randomized, clinical trial. Hypertension. 2014;64:69-76 pubmed publisher..http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: ISRCTN35739639. ..
- Leyes P, MartÃnez E, Larrousse M, CofÃ¡n M, Trabal J, PÃ©rez Heras A, et al. Effects of ezetimibe on cholesterol metabolism in HIV-infected patients with protease inhibitor-associated dyslipidemia: a single-arm intervention trial. BMC Infect Dis. 2014;14:497 pubmed publisher..The level of cholesterol absorption or synthesis does not appear to be a major determinant of the responsiveness to ezetimibe in patients on ritonavir-boosted PI-containing therapy. EudraCT: 2006-006156-36. ..
- Bargallo N, Gilabert R, Romero Mamani E, Cofan M, Calder P, Fito M, et al. Red Blood Cell Eicosapentaenoic Acid Inversely Relates to MRI-Assessed Carotid Plaque Lipid Core Burden in Elders at High Cardiovascular Risk. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The inverse association between EPA and plaque lipid content in patients with advanced atherosclerosis supports the notion that this fatty acid might improve cardiovascular health through stabilization of advanced atheroma plaques. ..
- Ros E. Nuts and novel biomarkers of cardiovascular disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89:1649S-56S pubmed publisher..Although more studies are warranted, the emerging picture is that nut consumption beneficially influences cardiovascular risk beyond cholesterol lowering...
- ..In conclusion, nuts are nutrient rich foods with wide-ranging cardiovascular and metabolic benefits, which can be readily incorporated into healthy diets...
- Ros E, Tapsell L, Sabate J. Nuts and berries for heart health. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2010;12:397-406 pubmed publisher..Berries are another plant food rich in bioactive phytochemicals, particularly flavonoids, for which there is increasing evidence of benefits on cardiometabolic risk that are linked to their potent antioxidant power...