- The Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire: a validated Spanish version to assess the health status in women with fibromyalgiaJ Rivera
Rheumatology Unit, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:554-60. 2004..To translate, adapt, validate and assess the sensitivity to change of a Spanish version of the Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire (FIQ-S)...
- Resource utilisation and health care costs in patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia in SpainJ Rivera
Unidad de Reumatologia, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 27:S39-45. 2009..The aim of this study is to describe health care resource utilisation and related costs of FM from the perspective of the National Health System in Spain...
- Classifying fibromyalgia patients according to severity: the combined index of severity in fibromyalgiaJ Rivera
Unidad de Reumatologia, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Francisco Silvela 40, 28028, Madrid, Spain
Rheumatol Int 34:1683-9. 2014..The established cutoff points allow the classification of FM patients by severity, to know the prognostic and to predict the response to the treatment...
- Prospective study of the use of healthcare resources and economic costs in patients with fibromyalgia after treatment in routine medical practiceJavier Rivera
Rheumatology Unit, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:31-8. 2012..To estimate the burden and to prospectively analyse resources utilisation and costs in a cohort of treated patients with fibromyalgia (FM) in daily practice...
- Drug prescription strategies in the treatment of patients with fibromyalgiaJavier Rivera
Unidad de Reumatologia, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Reumatol Clin 8:184-8. 2012..To analyze prescription strategies followed by rheumatologist specialized in FM treatment...
- Development of a self-reporting tool to obtain a combined index of severity of fibromyalgia (ICAF)Miguel A Vallejo
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Madrid, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:2. 2010..The objective is to develop a more complete evaluation model adjusted to the complexity and multi-dimensional nature of the syndrome...
- Factors associated with temporary work disability in patients with fibromyalgiaJ Rivera
Unidad de Reumatologia, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Francisco Silvela 40, 28028 Madrid, Spain
Rheumatol Int 31:1471-7. 2011..Of the cases of people who quit their jobs, 66.9% were associated with FM. TWD in patients with FM is associated with sedentary work, a worse clinical situation, and worse functional capacity...
- Long-term efficacy of therapy in patients with fibromyalgia: a physical exercise-based program and a cognitive-behavioral approachJavier Rivera Redondo
Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 51:184-92. 2004..To analyze the long-term efficacy of 2 interventions for female fibromyalgia (FM) patients: 1) cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and 2) a physical exercise (PE)-based strategy...
- The Spanish dioxin inventory part I: Incineration as municipal waste management systemB Fabrellas
Fossil Fuels Department of Energetic, Environmental and Technological Research Center CIEMAT, Madrid, Spain
Chemosphere 43:683-8. 2001..The calculated emission factor, 1.06 microg I-TEQ/Mg, indicates a high quality of the air pollution control systems. The assumption of PCDD/Fs in the USW permits an initial evaluation of other waste management systems...
- Survival study of rheumatoid arthritis patients in Madrid (Spain). A 9-year prospective follow-upM S Martinez
Servicio de Reumatologia, Instituto Provincial de Rehabilitación, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Rheumatol 30:195-8. 2001..To determine the risk and causes of death in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients in Madrid...
- Evaluation of dioxin contamination in sewage sludge discharges on coastal sediments from Catalonia, SpainE Eljarrat
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Ecotechnologies Department, Barcelona, Spain
Water Res 35:2799-803. 2001..Thus, European sediment quality objectives were exceeded. The higher concentrations coincided with changes in the ratio between PCDD and PCDF levels, suggesting the influence of the sewage sludge on coastal sediments...
- Levels of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans in soil samples from SpainE Eljarrat
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Ecotechnologies Department, Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 44:1383-7. 2001..The levels ranged from 0.10 pg I-TEQ/g to 1.08 ng I-TEQ/g. Differences in dioxin levels were observed as a function of the sampling site, with levels at the industrial sites exceeding those at the control sites...
- Toxic potency of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, polychlorinated dibenzofurans, and polychlorinated biphenyls in food samples from Catalonia (Spain)E Eljarrat
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Department of Ecotechnologies, IIQAB CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 50:1161-7. 2002..These findings suggest that the regulation of TEQ contents in food should include not only the TEQ(PCDD/F), but also the TEQ(PCB)...
- Factor XIII Val34Leu polymorphism in primary intracerebral haemorrhageJ Corral
Department of Hematology and Clinical Oncology, Hospital General Universitario, 3000 Murcia, Spain
Hematol J 1:269-73. 2000..The aim of our study was to investigate the role of this polymorphism in patients with primary intracerebral haemorrhage from a distinct population...
- Occurrence and bioaccumulation study of PCDD and PCDF from mineral feed additivesJ Parera
Laboratory of Dioxins, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Department of Ecotechnologies, IIQAB CSIC, Jordi Girona 18, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 73:S252-60. 2008....
- Organochlorine compounds (PCBs, PCDDs and PCDFs) in seafish and seafood from the Spanish Atlantic Southwest CoastL R Bordajandi
Department of Instrumental Analysis and Environmental Chemistry, IQOG CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Chemosphere 64:1450-7. 2006..The congener specific contribution to the TEQ showed PCB 126 followed by 1,2,3,7,8-PeCDD and 2,3,4,7,8-PeCDF as the most abundant ones...
- Levels and trends of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins/furans (PCDD/Fs) and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in Spanish commercial fish and shellfish products, 1995-2003B Gómara
Department of Instrumental Analysis and Environmental Chemistry, General Organic Chemistry Institute CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 53:8406-13. 2005....
- Organochlorine compounds in liver and concentrations of vitellogenin and 17beta-estradiol in plasma of sea bass fed with a commercial or with a natural dietJ M Navas
Department of the Environment, Laboratory for Ecotoxicology, Spanish National Institute for Agriculture and Food Research and Technology INIA, Ctra de La Coruna, Km 7, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Aquat Toxicol 75:306-15. 2005..These results do not permit to explain the observed hormonal alterations by a possible antiestrogenic effect caused by dioxins and related compounds...
- Dietary intakes of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, dibenzofurans and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls in SpainM A Fernandez
Department of Instrumental Analysis and Environmental Chemistry, E 28006 Madrid, Spain
Food Addit Contam 21:983-91. 2004..Dioxin-like PCBs are an important component in the total WHO-TEQs in foodstuffs. This is particularly true for the fish food group, where the total WHO-TEQs is dominated by dioxin-like PCBs (up to 80% of WHO-TEQs in some cases)...
- PCDD/F levels in the neighbourhood of a municipal solid waste incinerator after introduction of technical improvements in the facilityJ L Domingo
Laboratory of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Rovira i Virgili, University, Reus, Spain
Environ Int 28:19-27. 2002..It indicates that other emission sources of PCDD/Fs also have a notable impact on the area under direct influence of the MSWI...
- First assessment of dioxin emissions from coal-fired power stations in SpainG Fernández-Martínez
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of La Coruna, Campus da Zapateira s n, E 15071 A Coruna, Spain
Chemosphere 57:67-71. 2004..6-0.7 g I-TEQ per year. Moreover, emission factors were determined considering operating conditions of evaluated plants. In general, large variability was observed and values below 1-5 pg I-TEQ/kg coal were early reached...
- A comparison of TEQ contributions from PCDDs, PCDFs and dioxin-like PCBs in sewage sludges from Catalonia, SpainE Eljarrat
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Ecotechnologies Department, IIQAB, CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Chemosphere 51:595-601. 2003..Our findings show that contemporary PCDD, PCDF and PCB levels have declined since the 80s...
- Study on PCBs, PCDD/Fs, organochlorine pesticides, heavy metals and arsenic content in freshwater fish species from the River Turia (Spain)L R Bordajandi
Instrumental Analysis and Environmental Chemistry Department, IQOG, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Chemosphere 53:163-71. 2003..Non-ortho PCBs were not detected or not quantified in almost all samples and the sum of the individual PCB congeners determined were low compared to other aquatic ecosystems with similar fish species...