- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinomaF Xavier Bosch
Epidemiology and Cancer Registration Unit, IDIBELL, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Avda Gran Via s n, Km 2 7, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Liver Dis 9:191-211, v. 2005..Primary liver cancer is the first human cancer largely amenable to prevention using hepatitis B virus vaccines and screening of blood and blood products for hepatitis B and C viruses...
- REGSTATTOOLS: freeware statistical tools for the analysis of disease population databases used in health and social studiesLaura Esteban
Cancer Registry of Catalonia, Plan for Oncology of the Catalan Government, IDIBELL, Hospital Duran i Reynals, Av, Gran Via de L Hospitalet, 199 203, 08908 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Catalonia, Spain
BMC Public Health 13:201. 2013....
- RiskDiff: a web tool for the analysis of the difference due to risk and demographic factors for incidence or mortality dataJoan Valls
Catalan Cancer Registry, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Barcelona, Catalonia
BMC Public Health 9:473. 2009..The method proposed by Bashir and Estève, which splits the observed variation into three components: risk, population structure and population size is a common choice at practice...
- [Predictions of cancer incidence and mortality in Catalonia to 2015 by means of Bayesian models]J Ribes
Registre de Càncer de Catalunya, Pla Director d Oncologia, Departament de Salut, Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 131:32-41. 2008..To assess the projected increase in the incidence in 2015 compared with that in 2005, and to determine whether this increase is attributable to changes in risk or in demographics...
- Colorectal cancer mortality in Spain: trends and projections for 1985-2019Josepa Ribes
Oncology Plan for Catalonia, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:92-100. 2009..To describe colorectal cancer (CRC) mortality trends during 1985-2004 and to estimate CRC mortality projections for the period 2005-2019 in Spain...
- The influence of alcohol consumption and hepatitis B and C infections on the risk of liver cancer in EuropeJosepa Ribes
Catalan Cancer Plan, IDIBELL, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Avda Gran Via s n, Km 2, 7, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 49:233-42. 2008..To assess the variability of liver cancer (LC) risk associated with hepatitis B (HBV) and hepatitis C (HCV) viruses and alcohol intake in 2002 throughout Europe...
- [Automatization of a hospital-based tumor registry]Josepa Ribes
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Gac Sanit 19:221-8. 2005..To increase data reliability and reduce the costs associated with the HTR, the Catalan Institute of Oncology programmed the manual procedures of data collection from databases by means of a computer application (ASEDAT)...
- Life expectancy and age-period-cohort effects: analysis and projections of mortality in Spain between 1977 and 2016R Cleries
Catalan Cancer Registry, Generalitat de Catalunya Catalan Institute of Oncology, IDIBELL, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Public Health 123:156-62. 2009..This study aimed to: (1) assess Spanish mortality trends between 1977 and 2001 and their impact on life expectancy; and (2) assess the differences in life expectancy between men and women for the period 2002-2016...
- Time trends of cancer incidence and mortality in Catalonia during 1993-2007R Cleries
Registre de Càncer de Catalunya, Pla Director d Oncologia GENCAT IDIBELL, Hospital Duran i Reynals, Gran Via 199 203 1ª planta L Hospitalet de Llobregat, 08907, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 16:18-28. 2014..To describe time trends of cancer in Catalonia, Spain, during the period 1993-2007...
- Cofactors associated with liver disease mortality in an HBsAg-positive Mediterranean cohort: 20 years of follow-upJosepa Ribes
Epidemiology and Cancer Registration, Institut Catala d Oncologia, and Blod Bank, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Hospitalet del Llobregat, Spain
Int J Cancer 119:687-94. 2006..These results support screening and adequate follow-up among HBsAg-positive subjects at high risk to develop liver disease, particularly when these risk cofactors are present...
- [Cancer mortality trends in Catalonia, 1985-2004]R Gispert
Registre de Mortalitat, Servei d Informació i Estudis, Departament de Salut, Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona, SPANA
Med Clin (Barc) 131:25-31. 2008..The objective of this study was to analyze cancer mortality trends in Catalonia in the previous 20 years and to compare these trends with those in Europe...
- Epidemiology of liver cancer in EuropeF X Bosch
L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Can J Gastroenterol 14:621-30. 2000....
- Monitoring the decreasing trend of testicular cancer mortality in Spain during 2005-2019 through a Bayesian approachRamon Clèries
Catalan Plan for Oncology, Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, Gran Via s n, Km 2, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol 34:244-56. 2010..To assess time trends of testicular cancer (TC) mortality in Spain for period 1985-2019 for age groups 15-74 years old through a Bayesian age-period-cohort (APC) analysis...
- [Relative survival computation. Comparison of methods for estimating expected survival]Ramon Clèries
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Gac Sanit 20:325-31. 2006..This article shows that if the follow-up of the cohort is less than 10 years, any of these methods should give similar results. However, the Hakulinen method is preferred, since it accounts for heterogeneity due to potential withdrawals...
- [Automatic calculation of relative survival through the web. The WAERS project of the Catalan Institute of Oncology]Ramon Clèries
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
Gac Sanit 19:71-5. 2005..This application could also be useful for cohort mortality studies...
- Primary liver cancer: worldwide incidence and trendsF Xavier Bosch
Epidemiology and Cancer Registration Unit, IDIBELL Institut Català d Oncologia, Avda Gran Via s n, Km 2 7 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 127:S5-S16. 2004..Primary liver cancer is the first human cancer largely amenable to prevention using hepatitis B virus vaccines and screening of blood and blood products for hepatitis B and C viruses...
- Time trends in incidence and mortality for chronic liver disease and liver cancer in the interval 1980-1997 in Catalonia, SpainJosepa Ribes
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Càncer Institut Català, d Oncologia, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:865-72. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine time trends of incidence and mortality rates of liver cirrhosis and liver cancer for the period 1980-1997 in Catalonia, Spain...
- Epidemiology of primary liver cancerF X Bosch
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Liver Dis 19:271-85. 1999....
- Time trends of breast cancer mortality in Spain during the period 1977-2001 and Bayesian approach for projections during 2002-2016R Cleries
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Càncer de l Institut Català d Oncologia IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 17:1783-91. 2006..A Bayesian APC model with an autoregressive structure for the age parameters has been used for projections of BC mortality...
- Patient with hepatocellular carcinoma related to prior acute arsenic intoxication and occult HBV: epidemiological, clinical and therapeutic results after 14 years of follow-upTeresa Casanovas-Taltavull
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, IDIBELL, Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 12:1972-4. 2006..At his most recent visit in May 2005, the patient was asymptomatic, liver enzymes were normal and the tumor was in remission on ultrasound...
- Sex differences in hospital readmission among colorectal cancer patientsJuan Ramon Gonzalez
Cancer Prevention and Control Unit, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:506-11. 2005..While several studies have analysed sex and socioeconomic differences in cancer incidence and mortality, sex differences in oncological health care have been seldom considered...
- [Cancer diagnosis in hospital workers]Maria Esteve
Unidad de Medicina Preventiva, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 133:53-6. 2009..We aimed to identify cases of cancer diagnosis in hospital workers and to establish if an excess of cases exist...
- Management and outcomes in digestive cancer surgery: design and initial results of a multicenter cohort studyM Espallargues
Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Research, Carrer de Roc Boronat 81 95, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:680-96. 2009..most studies that analyze the influence of structure factors on clinical outcomes are retrospective, based on clinical-administrative databases, and mainly focusing on surgical volume...
- Burden of hospital admissions for cervical cancer in Spain during 1999-2002Angel Gil
Department of Health Sciences, Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid, Spain
Hum Vaccin 3:276-80. 2007..The mean cost of a hospitalization by cervical cancer and carcinoma in situ euro3,098 and euro2,192, respectively. The estimated annual cost of hospitalizations cervical cancer and carcinoma in situ in Spain was 19 million euro...