- Myelodysplastic syndrome: a search for minimal diagnostic criteriaF Ramos
Servicios de Hematologia, Hospital de Leon, Spain
Leuk Res 23:283-90. 1999..An algorithm based on BM blast cell and pathological sideroblast counts that has been verified on 613 patients from different Spanish centers may be of help to improve reproducibility in Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) diagnosis...
- What does apoptosis have to do with clinical features in myelodysplastic syndrome?Fernando Ramos
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital de Leon, Altos de Nava s n E 24071 León, Spain
Haematologica 87:381-91. 2002....
- Detection of inv(16) and t(16;16) by fluorescence in situ hybridization in acute myeloid leukemia M4EoJ M Hernandez
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo San Vicente 58 182, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Haematologica 85:481-5. 2000..These subtle chromosomal abnormalities may be difficult to detect in poor-quality metaphase preparations and if missed could lead to incorrect assignment to risk groups and influence the therapy decision-making process...
- Minimal residual disease in adolescent (older than 14 years) and adult acute lymphoblastic leukemias: early immunophenotypic evaluation has high clinical valueMaria Belen Vidriales
Department of Hematology, University Hospital, Salamanca, Spain
Blood 101:4695-700. 2003....
- Dyshaemopoietic bone marrow features in healthy subjects are related to ageS Fernández-Ferrero
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital de Leon, Altos de Nava s n, E 24071 Leon, Spain
Leuk Res 25:187-9. 2001..329, p=0.016). After taking into account other covariates, smokers showed in their bone marrow, at any age, a 3.73% higher percentage of dyserythropoietic features and a 0.28% higher percentage of blast cells than non-smokers...
- Hematological, immunophenotypic, and cytogenetic characteristics of acute myeloblastic leukemia with trisomy 11Magdalena Sierra
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca and Centro de Investigación del Cáncer, Universidad de Salamanca CSIC, Paseo San Vicente 58 182, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 160:68-72. 2005..Immunophenotypic analysis of blast cells showed a constant immature immunophenotypic profile with CD34 or CD117 expression (or both) in all cases analyzed. The complete remission rate was 43%; median survival time was only 2 months...
- Defective production of reactive oxygen intermediates (ROI) in a patient with recurrent amebic liver abscessPatricia Moran
Departamento de Medicina Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, UNAM, Mexico, DF Mexico
Am J Trop Med Hyg 67:632-5. 2002..histolytica. It may be at least one risk factor in our patient that was responsible for recurrence of amebic liver abscess...
- Incidence and characteristics of CD4(+)/HLA DRhi dendritic cell malignanciesClara Bueno
Servicios de Citometria y Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Centro de Investigacio del Cancer, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Haematologica 89:58-69. 2004..Here, we report on the incidence of DC malignancies and their clinical, biological, phenotypic and cytogenetic characteristics...