Luis F Quintana
- Influence of renal replacement therapy on immune response after one and two doses of the A(H1N1) pdm09 vaccineLuis F Quintana
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 7:809-14. 2013..Patients with end-stage renal disease have a reduced response to vaccination because of the general suppression of the immune system associated with uraemia...
- Urine proteomics to detect biomarkers for chronic allograft dysfunctionLuis F Quintana
Servicio de Nefrologia y Trasplante Renal, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:428-35. 2009..In summary, this study establishes a pattern for two histologic lesions associated with distinct graft outcomes and constitutes a first step to designing a specific, noninvasive diagnostic tool for chronic allograft dysfunction...
- Urine proteomics biomarkers in renal transplantation: an overviewLuis F Quintana
Servicio de Nefrologia y Trasplante Renal, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
Transplantation 88:S45-9. 2009....
- Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis urinary proteomic profile in the search of nonimmune chronic allograft dysfunction biomarkersElisenda Bañón-Maneus
Laboratori Experimental de Nefrologia i Trasplantament Renal LENIT, Departament de Nefrologia I Trasplantament Renal, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Transplantation 89:548-58. 2010..This study was aimed to establish the normal proteome map of stable transplant patients and to validate the utility of two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis (2DE-DIGE) in identifying new candidates as urinary biomarkers of CAD...
- Mammalian target of rapamycin inhibition prevents glomerular hypertrophy in a model of renal mass reductionJordi Rovira
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Laboratori Experimental de Nefrologia I Trasplantament, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Transplantation 88:646-52. 2009..Therefore, the aim of this study was to elucidate the interrelation between early and late SRL administration on the development of glomerular hypertrophy and proteinuria in a model of renal mass reduction (RMR)...
- Application of label-free quantitative peptidomics for the identification of urinary biomarkers of kidney chronic allograft dysfunctionLuis F Quintana
Servicio de Nefrologia y Trasplante Renal, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1658-73. 2009....
- Effect of mTOR inhibitor on body weight: from an experimental rat model to human transplant patientsJordi Rovira
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Laboratori Experimental de Nefrologia I Trasplantament LENIT, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Transpl Int 21:992-8. 2008..99 vs. 25.97 +/- 5.01 kg/m(2), P = 0.031). SRL treatment leads to less body mass. Adipocyte cell diameter was reduced in SRL-treated animals. A possible explanation may be the effects of SRL on metabolic regulation and cell growth...
- Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma causing light chain cast nephropathyNuria S Pérez
Servicio de Nefrologia y Trasplante Renal, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:450-3. 2012..We emphasize the relation between light chain deposition and renal dysfunction in this disease with production of light chains. A therapeutic approach that decreases light chain production appears to be warranted in these patients...
- B-cell depleting agents for ANCA vasculitides: a new therapeutic approachJosé A Gómez-Puerta
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Autoimmun Rev 11:646-52. 2012..However, issues regarding the use of maintenance therapy after rituximab, the concurrent use of cyclophosphamide and the toxicity of rituximab remain unanswered and should be clarified in ongoing and future randomized controlled trials...