Affiliation: Puleva Biotech
- Oral administration of two probiotic strains, Lactobacillus gasseri CECT5714 and Lactobacillus coryniformis CECT5711, enhances the intestinal function of healthy adultsMonica Olivares
Immunology and Animal Science Department, Puleva Biotech SA, Camino de Purchil 66, 18004 Granada, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 107:104-11. 2006..As a result, the volunteers assigned to the probiotic group perceived a clear improvement in their intestinal habits. The study revealed that probiotics may exert a positive effect on healthy adults...
- Dietary deprivation of fermented foods causes a fall in innate immune response. Lactic acid bacteria can counteract the immunological effect of this deprivationMonica Olivares
Immunology and Animal Science Department, Puleva Biotech SA, 18004 Granada, Spain
J Dairy Res 73:492-8. 2006..bulgaricus counteracted the fall in the immune response, although the probiotic product was more effective than the standard yogurt...
- The consumption of two new probiotic strains, Lactobacillus gasseri CECT 5714 and Lactobacillus coryniformis CECT 5711, boosts the immune system of healthy humansMonica Olivares
Immunology and Animal Science Department, Puleva Biotech SA, Granada, Spain
Int Microbiol 9:47-52. 2006..In addition, the new product enhanced immunity in the participants to a greater extent than did the control standard yogurt...
- Antimicrobial potential of four Lactobacillus strains isolated from breast milkM Olivares
Immunology and Animal Science Department, Puleva Biotech SA, Granada, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 101:72-9. 2006....
- Oral intake of Lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716 enhances the effects of influenza vaccinationMonica Olivares
Immunology and Animal Science Department, Puleva Biotech S A, Granada, Spain
Nutrition 23:254-60. 2007..We studied the coadjuvant capability of oral consumption of the breast-milk-isolated strain Lactobacillus fermentum (CECT5716) for an anti-influenza vaccine...
- Intestinal and immunological effects of daily oral administration of Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713 to healthy adultsSaleta Sierra
Nutrition and Health Department, Puleva Biotech SA, Camino de Purchil 66, 18004 Granada, Spain
Anaerobe 16:195-200. 2010..27.3+/-6.4 pg/mL in control group, P<0.01). Thus, it can be concluded that daily administration of L. salivarius CECT5713 to healthy adults is safe and improve gut microbiota and different parameters related to immune response...
- Safety and tolerance of the human milk probiotic strain Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713 in 6-month-old childrenJose Maldonado
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Universitario San Cecilio, Granada, Spain
Nutrition 26:1082-7. 2010..Thus, there is an increasing interest in the addition of probiotics to infant formulas. The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety of a follow-on formula with Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713 in 6-mo-old children...
- Goat milk is less immunogenic than cow milk in a murine model of atopyFederico Lara-Villoslada
Department of Immunology and Animal Sciences, Puleva Biotech SA, Granada, Spain
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:354-60. 2004..Little is known about the allergenicity of goat milk per se. The aim of this study is to compare cow and goat milk allergenicity in a mouse atopy model...
- Dietary fish oil n-3 fatty acids increase regulatory cytokine production and exert anti-inflammatory effects in two murine models of inflammationSaleta Sierra
Immunology and Animal Science Department, Puleva Biotech SA, Granada 18004, Spain
Lipids 41:1115-25. 2006..Our data suggest that dietary fish oil-derived n-3 fatty acids have immunomodulatory effects and could be useful in inflammatory disorders...
- A probiotic dairy product containing L. gasseri CECT5714 and L. coryniformis CECT5711 induces immunological changes in children suffering from allergyAna Martínez-Cañavate
Unidad de Alergia Infantil, Hospital Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 20:592-600. 2009..The probiotic product also enhanced innate and specific immune parameters that may improve the general health status of children...
- The probiotic Lactobacillus coryniformis CECT5711 reduces the vascular pro-oxidant and pro-inflammatory status in obese miceMarta Toral
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Clin Sci (Lond) 127:33-45. 2014..coryniformis CECT5711 in obese mice by increasing NO bioavailability, suggesting the therapeutic potential of this gut microbiota manipulation to prevent vasculopathy in obesity...
- The immunomodulatory properties of viable Lactobacillus salivarius ssp. salivarius CECT5713 are not restricted to the large intestineBelén Arribas
Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas en Red, Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, Department of Pharmacology, Center for Biomedical Research, University of Granada, Avenida del Conocimiento s n, 18100, Armilla, Granada, Spain
Eur J Nutr 51:365-74. 2012..The aim of this study was to better characterise the biological effects of Lactobacillus salivarius ssp. salivarius CECT5713, a probiotic with immunomodulatory properties...
- Safety assessment of Lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716, a probiotic strain isolated from human milkFederico Lara-Villoslada
Department of Nutrition and Health, Puleva Biotech S A Cno, Purchil, 18004 Granada, Spain
J Dairy Res 76:216-21. 2009..These results suggest that the strain Lb. fermentum CECT5716 is non-pathogenic for mice even in doses 10,000 times higher (expressed per kg of body weight) than those normally consumed by humans...
- Human milk probiotic Lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716 reduces the incidence of gastrointestinal and upper respiratory tract infections in infantsJose Maldonado
Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 54:55-61. 2012..The aim of the study was to examine the effects of a follow-on formula containing Lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716 (L. fermentum) on the incidence of infections in infants between the ages of 6 and 12 months...
- Increased immune response in mice consuming rice bran oilSaleta Sierra
Immunology and Animal Science Dept, Puleva Biotech SA, Camino de Purchil 66, 18004, Granada, Spain
Eur J Nutr 44:509-16. 2005..n-6 fatty acids are said to have proinflammatory effects as a result of an increase in n-6 fatty acid-derived eicosanoids. RBO is also rich in gamma-oryzanol, a compound from the unsaponifiable fraction, with antioxidant properties...
- Beneficial effects of probiotic bacteria isolated from breast milkFederico Lara-Villoslada
Nutrition and Health Department, Puleva Biotech Cno, De Purchil no 66, 18004, Granada, Spain
Br J Nutr 98:S96-100. 2007....
- Dietary eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid equally incorporate as decosahexaenoic acid but differ in inflammatory effectsSaleta Sierra
Biomedicine Department, Puleva Biotech SA, Granada, Spain
Nutrition 24:245-54. 2008..The aims of this work were to demonstrate that dietary administration of EPA or DHA to mice allows reaching similar tissue DHA levels and to compare their anti-inflammatory effects and mechanisms of action...
- Evaluation of the preventative effects exerted by Lactobacillus fermentum in an experimental model of septic shock induced in miceBelén Arribas
Department of Pharmacology, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Br J Nutr 101:51-8. 2009..fermentum may exert its protective action against LPS-induced organ damage in mice by a combination of several actions including its antioxidant properties and by reduction of the synthesis of the pro-inflammatory TNF-alpha and IL-6...
- The viability of Lactobacillus fermentum CECT5716 is not essential to exert intestinal anti-inflammatory propertiesAlba Rodriguez-Nogales
CIBER EHD, Department of Pharmacology, ibs GRANADA, Center for Biomedical Research CIBM, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Food Funct 6:1176-84. 2015..In fact, the viability of this probiotic did not affect its immuno-modulatory and anti-inflammatory properties. ..