Pere Cardona Portela
- [Cerebral venous thrombosis as the presenting symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus]P Cardona-Portela
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Neurol 39:30-4. 2004..Cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT) is an infrequent process in systemic lupus erythematosus. We report the case of a female patient whose initial manifestation of lupus was a CVT...
- [Wallenberg's syndrome as the presenting symptom of a cavernous angioma]P Cardona-Portela
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Ll, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Neurol 39:837-40. 2004..The main complication is haemorrhage; the presence of a neurological focus without radiological evidence of bleeding is very rare...
- Endarterectomy, best medical treatment or both for stroke prevention in patients with asymptomatic carotid artery stenosisPedro Cardona
Stroke Unit, Department of Neurology, Bellvitge University Hospital, IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:126-33. 2007..There is no level I evidence to support carotid artery stenting in asymptomatic carotid stenosis even in a subgroup of patients with a high surgical risk...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and acute strokePere Cardona Portela
Stroke Unit, Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:104-10. 2009..SDB is being recognized as an independent risk factor for several clinical consequences, including cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease...
- Carotid endarterectomy: is it still a gold standard?Francisco Rubio
Stroke Unit, Department of Neurology, Bellvitge University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 20:119-22. 2005..However, long-term benefits of carotid angioplasty should be confirmed by bigger, randomized, comparative clinical trials...