- Impaired response inhibition in obsessive compulsive disorderR Penadés
Clinical Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 22:404-10. 2007..Selective motor response inhibition was tested in a GO/NO-GO paradigm, the inhibition of a triggered motor response in a STOP paradigm and the ability to inhibit cognitive interference in a motor STROOP paradigm...
- Executive function needs to be targeted to improve social functioning with Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT) in schizophreniaRafael Penadés
Clinical Psychology Department, Clinical Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 177:41-5. 2010..Verbal memory played a mediator role in the change process. Consequently, in order to improve daily functioning with CRT, executive function still needs to be targeted in despite of multiple cognitive impairments being present...
- Brain effects of cognitive remediation therapy in schizophrenia: a structural and functional neuroimaging studyRafael Penadés
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Biol Psychiatry 73:1015-23. 2013....
- Executive function and nonverbal memory in obsessive-compulsive disorderRafael Penadés
Clinical Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 133:81-90. 2005..Statistical analyses of mediation models showed the highest explanatory power for the organizational approach and demonstrated the mediation effect of organizational strategies in nonverbal impairment...
- Cognitive remediation therapy for outpatients with chronic schizophrenia: a controlled and randomized studyRafael Penadés
Clinical Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 87:323-31. 2006..Furthermore, patients receiving CRT showed improvement in social functioning, demonstrating that cognitive improvements are clinically meaningful. These gains were still present at the 6 month follow-up...
- Cognitive mechanisms, psychosocial functioning, and neurocognitive rehabilitation in schizophreniaRafael Penadés
Institute of Biomedical Research August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 63:219-27. 2003..These findings have important implications not only for cognitive assessment but also for selecting targets in cognitive rehabilitation...
- Verbal memory, negative symptomatology and prediction of psychosocial functioning in schizophreniaOlga Puig
Neurosciencies Institute, Hospital Universtari Clínic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 158:11-7. 2008..Finally, secondary verbal memory is a good predictor of psychosocial functioning in chronic schizophrenia with predominant negative symptomatology...
- Hippocampal underactivation in an fMRI study of word and face memory recognition in schizophreniaGiuseppina Rametti
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, c Casanova, 143, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 259:203-11. 2009..This study provides further evidence of hippocampal involvement in declarative memory impairments of schizophrenia...
- Anterior cingulate and paracingulate sulci morphology in patients with schizophreniaGiuseppina Rametti
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Casanova 143, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 121:66-74. 2010..These findings provide further evidence of left anterior middle frontal cortex abnormalities in schizophrenia. In addition, the results suggest gender differences in the structural abnormalities of the illness...
- A voxel-based diffusion tensor imaging study of temporal white matter in patients with schizophreniaGiuseppina Rametti
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Institute of Biomedical Research August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 171:166-76. 2009..Memory functions correlate with FA values. These data provide further evidence for the disruption of white matter connectivity in the left medial temporal lobe, and for its contribution to the declarative memory deficit in schizophrenia...
- Changes in cognitive dysfunction in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder after treatmentSusana Andrés
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, Institute Clinic of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic, C Villarroel, 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 42:507-14. 2008..Six months of effective treatment normalized cognitive performance in young patients, who showed an important response to treatment...
- Neuropsychological performance in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder and influence of clinical variablesSusana Andrés
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Biol Psychiatry 61:946-51. 2007..The influence of clinical variables such as age, severity of obsessive-compulsive symptomatology, depressive symptomatology, and pharmacological treatment on cognitive performance in these patients has not been thoroughly studied...
- Continuation/maintenance treatment with nortriptyline versus combined nortriptyline and ECT in late-life psychotic depression: a two-year randomized studyVictor Navarro
Clinical Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:498-505. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the tolerability and efficacy of continuation/maintenance electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in elderly patients with psychotic depression after acute ECT remission...
- Association between symptomatic profile and remission following antidepressant treatment in unipolar major depressionVictor Navarro
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, CIBERSAM, UB, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
J Affect Disord 150:209-15. 2013....
- The integration of cognitive remediation therapy into the whole psychosocial rehabilitation process: an evidence-based and person-centered approachRafael Penadés
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Rehabil Res Pract 2012:386895. 2012..In summary, to improve daily functioning, according to these studies, cognitive remediation needs to include the teaching of some cognitive strategies that target executive skills...
- Effectiveness of family work interventions on schizophrenia: evidence from a multicentre study in CataloniaEsther Pousa Tomás
Mental Health Department, Parc Tauli Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Soc Psychiatry 58:587-95. 2012..Despite their proven efficacy, family work interventions on families of patients with schizophrenia are not being implemented in routine clinical practice in contexts where expressed emotion levels among caregivers are relatively high...