Genomes and Genes
- Long-acting injectable risperidone in the treatment of schizophrenia in special patient populationsEduard Parellada
Clinical Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:82-100. 2007..To determine the effectiveness of long-acting risperidone, the literature was reviewed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of long-acting risperidone in these populations. The impact of race was also considered...
- [Hikikomori or simple schizophrenia?]Maria Gariup
Med Clin (Barc) 130:718-9. 2008
- Clinical experience and management considerations with long-acting risperidoneEduard Parellada
Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 22:241-55. 2006..Risperidone is the first atypical anti-psychotic available in a long-acting injectable formulation...
- Patients in the early phases of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders effectively treated with risperidone long-acting injectableE Parellada
Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 19:5-14. 2005..Direct initiation of RLAI is well accepted by patients. RLAI might represent a novel option for patients in the early phases of psychosis...
- Safety and efficacy of long-acting injectable risperidone in daily practice: an open-label, noninterventional, prospective study in schizophrenia and related disordersEduard Parellada
Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, CIBERSAM, Spain
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:149-54. 2010..Serious AEs were reported by 384 (8%) patients. This study confirms good safety, tolerability, and efficacy with RLAI in routine clinical practice...
- Risperidone in the treatment of patients with deliriumEduard Parellada
Psychiatry and Psychology Clinic Institute, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, C Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 65:348-53. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of risperidone in the treatment of patients with delirium...
- Lack of sex differences in striatal dopamine D2 receptor binding in drug-naive schizophrenic patients: an IBZM-SPECT studyEduard Parellada
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital ClínicVillarroel 170, Universitat de Barcelona, E 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 130:79-84. 2004..Our data indicate a lack of sex differences in striatal D2 receptor binding in drug-naive schizophrenic patients and do not support previous reports of left lateralized striatal asymmetry in male schizophrenic patients...
- Double-blind olanzapine vs. haloperidol D2 dopamine receptor blockade in schizophrenic patients: a baseline-endpointM Bernardo
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 107:87-97. 2001..In this regard, SPECT studies including baseline and endpoint examinations should be encouraged...
- Intuitive pharmacogenetics: spontaneous risperidone dosage is related to CYP2D6, CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genotypesS Mas
Department of Pathological Anatomy, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 12:255-9. 2012..No significant correlations were observed with regard to CYP3A5 and ABCB1. We find that, despite not knowing patients' metabolic status, clinicians modify risperidone dosage in order to obtain the best therapeutic option...
- Role of the cingulate gyrus during the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test: a single photon emission computed tomography study in normal volunteersA M Catafau
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 83:67-74. 1998..In addition, no order effect was found in this study. These findings illustrate the advantage of independently evaluating the cingulate gyrus and the prefrontal cortex in SPECT studies of frontal cognitive function...
- Network analysis of gene expression in peripheral blood identifies mTOR and NF-κB pathways involved in antipsychotic-induced extrapyramidal symptomsS Mas
Department Pathological Anatomy, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 15:452-60. 2015..Our results showing different patterns of gene expression in EPS patients, offer new and valuable markers for pharmacogenetic studies...
- Apoptotic markers in cultured fibroblasts correlate with brain metabolites and regional brain volume in antipsychotic-naive first-episode schizophrenia and healthy controlsA Batalla
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Clinical Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Transl Psychiatry 5:e626. 2015....
- Pharmacokinetics and time-course of D(2) receptor occupancy induced by atypical antipsychotics in stabilized schizophrenic patientsA M Catafau
Experimental Medical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology Discovery Medicine, Psychiatry Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 22:882-94. 2008..D(2)RO patterns over time differ between AP. These results should be considered for accurate interpretation of D(2)RO measurements, proper design of studies and optimization of drug regimens for patients on AP treatment...
- A common variant in DRD3 gene is associated with risperidone-induced extrapyramidal symptomsP Gasso
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 9:404-10. 2009..AP-induced EPS remains a serious public health problem. Our finding of a common SNP (rs167771) in the DRD3 gene provides a strong new candidate gene for risperidone-induced EPS...
- Striatal dopamine D2 receptor density in neuroleptic-naive and in neuroleptic-free schizophrenic patients: an 123I-IBZM-SPECT studyFrancisco Lomena
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 172:165-9. 2004....
- Efficacy and safety of direct transition to risperidone long-acting injectable in patients treated with various antipsychotic therapiesHans Jurgen Moller
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munich, Germany
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:121-30. 2005..Direct initiation of RLAI was effective and well tolerated. RLAI provides an advancement in the treatment options available for a wide range of patients requiring long-term antipsychotic therapy...
- Lower striatal dopamine transporter binding in neuroleptic-naive schizophrenic patients is not related to antipsychotic treatment but it suggests an illness traitJose J Mateos
Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:805-11. 2007..In our previous study, we observed lower DAT binding in a group of first-episode schizophrenic patients after short-term treatment with risperidone, compared with age-matched healthy controls...
- Dopamine transporter (DAT) genotype (VNTR) and phenotype in extrapyramidal symptoms induced by antipsychoticsAmalia Lafuente
Dep Farmacología y Química Terapéutica, Universidad de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Casanova 143, E 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 90:115-22. 2007..Impaired dopamine transporter (DAT) function may be involved in antipsychotic (AP)-induced extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS). A polymorphism involving a variable number of tandem repeats (VNTR) has been described in the DAT gene (SLC6A3)...
- Glucose abnormalities in the siblings of people with schizophreniaEmilio Fernandez-Egea
Hospital Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Neuroscience Institute, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 103:110-3. 2008..Previous studies have also suggested that there is an increased prevalence of diabetes in the relatives of schizophrenia probands...
- Cyp2d6*3, *4, *5 and *6 polymorphisms and antipsychotic-induced extrapyramidal side-effects in patients receiving antipsychotic therapyAnna Crescenti
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:807-11. 2008..4, 95% CI 1.13-18, permutated P value 0.003) and the risk of suffering EPS. 3. These results suggest that the CYP2D6 genotype may be a contributory factor in the development of EPS in patients undergoing AP therapy...