- Leishmaniasis in HIV infectionR Paredes
Internal Medicine Department, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau Av Sant Antoni Maria Claret 167, 08025 Barcelona Catalonia Spain
J Postgrad Med 49:39-49. 2003..Microbiological characteristics, pathogenesis, clinical presentation and specific treatment of the co-infection are also presented...
- Predictors of virological success and ensuing failure in HIV-positive patients starting highly active antiretroviral therapy in Europe: results from the EuroSIDA studyR Paredes
Retrovirology Laboratory irsiCaixa, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
Arch Intern Med 160:1123-32. 2000..Predictors of virological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) have never been systematically evaluated in a large continental multicenter cohort of unselected human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected people...
- Benefit of switching from a protease inhibitor (PI) to nevirapine in PI-experienced patients suffering acquired HIV-related lipodystrophy syndrome (AHL): interim analysis at 3 months of follow-upE Negredo
Fundació Lluita contra la Sida, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Antivir Ther 4:23-8. 1999..Maintenance of viral suppression was equivalent in both treatment groups. Additional data with longer follow-up are needed to confirm these results...
- Prospective randomized two-Arm controlled study to determine the efficacy of a specific intervention to improve long-term adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapyA Tuldrá
HIV Unit, Fundació Lluita SIDA and IrsiCaixa Retrovirology Laboratory, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 25:221-8. 2000..Interventions to ensure a high level of adherence during a relatively long-term period of therapy are necessary...
- High-dose saquinavir plus ritonavir: long-term efficacy in HIV-positive protease inhibitor-experienced patients and predictors of virologic responseR Paredes
Retrovirology Laboratory Institut de Recerca de la SIDA Caixa, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 22:132-8. 1999..This therapeutic efficacy is strongly implemented by a switch at the lower HIV-1 RNA levels...
- Antiretroviral treatment simplification with nevirapine in protease inhibitor-experienced patients with hiv-associated lipodystrophy: 1-year prospective follow-up of a multicenter, randomized, controlled studyL Ruiz
IrsiCaixa Foundation, Retrovirology Laboratory and HIV Unit, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:229-36. 2001..Small nonrandomized studies have suggested a beneficial role of PI-sparing regimens on lipodystrophy...
- HIV dynamics and T-cell immunity after three structured treatment interruptions in chronic HIV-1 infectionL Ruiz
Retrovirology Laboratory, IrsiCaixa Foundation and HIV Unit, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
AIDS 15:F19-27. 2001..To evaluate whether controlled re-exposures to autologous HIV-1 could boost HIV-specific immunity and limit virus replication in patients with chronic HIV-1 infection...
- Psychological impact of structured treatment interruptions in patients with prolonged undetectable HIV-1 viral loadsA Tuldrá
Fundació Lluita SIDA HIV Clinical Unit and IrsiCaixa Retrovirology Laboratory, Catalonia, Spain
AIDS 15:1904-6. 2001..However, a close follow-up of patients during interruption periods is advisable to avoid difficulties reported at treatment resumption presenting a risk to patients' health...
- Natural prevalence of HCV minority variants that are highly resistant to NS3/4A protease inhibitorsS Franco
Fundacio irsiCaixa, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
J Viral Hepat 18:e578-82. 2011..Our results also demonstrate that allele-specific PCR can be used to detect minor HCV NS3 protease resistant variants in pretreatment samples and to study in detail the evolution of mutant viruses during targeted antiviral therapy...
- Monotherapy with boosted protease inhibitors as antiretroviral treatment simplification strategy in the clinical settingJ Santos
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, HIV Unit, Barcelona, Spain
J Int AIDS Soc 15:18357. 2012..Virological efficacy seems to be similar between regimens. However, rates of discontinuation due to toxicities were higher in subjects on lopinavir/ritonavir than darunavir/ritonavir...
- Influence of the type of pegylated interferon on the onset of depressive and neuropsychiatric symptoms in HIV-HCV coinfected patientsC R Fumaz
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Care 19:138-45. 2007....
- Sustained antiretroviral treatment adherence in survivors of the pre-HAART era: attitudes and beliefsC R Fumaz
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
AIDS Care 20:796-805. 2008..Adherence was more related to beliefs about health and illness than to the characteristics of medication or level of knowledge about treatment. Care adherence interventions should include assessment of health beliefs...