José T Ortiz-Pérez
- Infarct healing is a dynamic process following acute myocardial infarctionSean D Pokorney
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 676 Saint Clair St, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:62. 2012..Infarct size, as determined by cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR), decreases over time. The amount, rate, and duration of infarct healing are unknown...
- Role of circulating angiotensin converting enzyme 2 in left ventricular remodeling following myocardial infarction: a prospective controlled studyJosé T Ortiz-Pérez
Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e61695. 2013..3 to 15.2, p = 0.027). In conclusion, serum sACE2 activity rises in relation to infarct size, left ventricular systolic dysfunction and is associated with the occurrence of left ventricular remodeling...
- Angiographic and magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of in-hospital delay in primary percutaneous intervention delivery on myocardial salvageJosé T Ortiz-Pérez
Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute and Division of Cardiology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:924-30. 2010..01). In conclusion, myocardial salvage progressively decreases up to 5 hours after symptom onset. However, the benefit of the recommended door-to-balloon time appears to be confined to patients presenting within 1 hour of symptom onset...
- Determinants of myocardial salvage during acute myocardial infarction: evaluation with a combined angiographic and CMR myocardial salvage indexJosé T Ortiz-Pérez
Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute and Division of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:491-500. 2010..This study examined the contribution of symptom-to-reperfusion time, collateral flow, and antegrade flow in the infarct-related artery on myocardial salvage using a combined angiographic-cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) method...
- Angiographic estimates of myocardium at risk during acute myocardial infarction: validation study using cardiac magnetic resonance imagingJosé T Ortiz-Pérez
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Eur Heart J 28:1750-8. 2007..We used contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance (CMR) infarct imaging to measure the portion of myocardium that developed necrosis within the so defined angiographic area at risk...
- Ischaemic postconditioning revisited: lack of effects on infarct size following primary percutaneous coronary interventionXavier Freixa
Interventional Cardiology Section, Cardiology Department, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Catalonia, Spain
Eur Heart J 33:103-12. 2012..Previous studies have shown that p-cond during primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) confers protection against ischaemia-reperfusion injury and thus might reduce myocardial infarct size...
- Exercise echocardiography and multidetector computed tomography for the evaluation of acute chest painAleksandra Mas-Stachurska
Servicio de Cardiologia, Instituto Clínico del Tórax, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed) 68:17-24. 2015..Our aim was to compare the diagnostic performance of multidetector computed tomography and exercise echocardiography in patients with a low-to-intermediate probability of coronary artery disease...
- Enalapril and carvedilol for preventing chemotherapy-induced left ventricular systolic dysfunction in patients with malignant hemopathies: the OVERCOME trial (preventiOn of left Ventricular dysfunction with Enalapril and caRvedilol in patients submitted tXavier Bosch
Cardiology Department, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:2355-62. 2013..This study sought to evaluate the efficacy of enalapril and carvedilol to prevent chemotherapy-induced left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD) in patients with hematological malignancies...
- Correspondence between the 17-segment model and coronary arterial anatomy using contrast-enhanced cardiac magnetic resonance imagingJosé T Ortiz-Pérez
Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute and Division of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:282-93. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the correspondence between the coronary arterial anatomy and supplied myocardium based on the proposed American Heart Association 17-segment model...
- Three-dimensional architecture of scar and conducting channels based on high resolution ce-CMR: insights for ventricular tachycardia ablationJuan Fernández-Armenta
Cardiology Department, Thorax Institute, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 6:528-37. 2013..A 3-dimensional (3D) reconstruction of the ce-CMR could allow visualization of the 3D structure of these BZ channels...