- [Strategy in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas]Salvador Navarro Colás
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacio Biomedica August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 35:652-9. 2012..The existence of possible synchronous or metachronous lesions in other organs should also be investigated...
- [Pseudopapillary solid tumor of the pancreas: report of 6 cases]Salvador Navarro
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Clinic, Universidad de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 138:114-8. 2012..Although they can develop metastasis, the prognosis is good. The aim of this study was to describe the characteristics of these tumours attended in our hospital...
- [Recommendations of the Spanish Biliopancreatic Club for the Treatment of Acute Pancreatitis. Consensus development conference]Salvador Navarro
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:366-87. 2008
- [Hypertriglyceridemic acute pancreatitis. Is its clinical course different from lithiasic acute pancreatitis?]Salvador Navarro
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 123:567-70. 2004..The objective was to analyze the clinical performance of hypertriglyceridemic acute pancreatitis and the diagnosis value of the serum measurement of pancreatic enzymes...
- [Malignancy predictive factors in pancreatic intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm]Ana Celia Adet Caldelari
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 137:631-6. 2011..Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) is a premalignant lesion of the pancreas. Its natural history is not well known. We evaluated the characteristics and predictor factors of malignancy of IPMN...
- [Incidence and characteristics of pancreatic cystic neoplasms]Ana Adet
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Institut Malalties Digestives i Metabòliques, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 33:563-8. 2010..Few series have been published on these lesions, especially in Spain...
- Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided brushing increases cellular diagnosis of pancreatic cysts: A prospective studyOriol Sendino
Endoscopy Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, ICMDM, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Dig Liver Dis 42:877-81. 2010..The diagnosis of pancreatic cystic lesions is still a challenge...
- Comparison of endoscopic ultrasonography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnosis of pancreatobiliary diseases: a prospective studyGloria Fernández-Esparrach
Gastroenterology Department, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, CIBER HEPAD, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1632-9. 2007....
- CA 19-9 in pancreatic cancer: retrospective evaluation of patients with suspicion of pancreatic cancerVictor Molina
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Hospital Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Tumour Biol 33:799-807. 2012..CA 19.9 is the tumor marker of choice in pancreatic adenocarcinomas, with a clear relationship with tumor location, stage, and resectability...
- [Prediction of prognosis of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma with curative intent resection by means of histologic grade and pathologic N stage]Antonio Soriano-Izquierdo
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, CIBERehd Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 132:163-71. 2009..We evaluated the prognostic significance of different factors in both overall survival and tumor recurrence in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma who had undergone pancreatic resection with curative intent...
- [Acute necrotizing pancreatitis: therapeutic alternatives]Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Institut Clinic de Malalties Digestives, Departamento de Cirugia, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 80:64-71. 2006..However, minimally invasive techniques should be limited to critically-ill patients unfit for conventional surgery...
- Characterization of human pancreatic orthotopic tumor xenografts suitable for drug screeningSandra Pérez-Torras
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Institut de Biomedicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 34:511-21. 2011..Among the available preclinical models, the orthotopic approach fits with this expectation, but its use is still occasional...
- Minimally invasive surgery of the pancreas in progressLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, IMD, Biliary and Pancreatic Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:342-54. 2005..Laparoscopic pancreatic surgery should be considered as an advanced laparoscopic procedure and should be performed only in institutions with experience in pancreatic surgery by a team with advanced laparoscopic skills...
- Curative laparoscopic resection for pancreatic neoplasms: a critical analysis from a single institutionLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Surgical Department, ICMD Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, Villarroel, 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1607-21; discussion 1621-2. 2007..The median survival for ductal adenocarcinoma patients was 14 months. This series demonstrates that LPS is feasible and safe in benign-appearing and malignant lesions of the pancreas...
- Autoimmune pancreatitis type-1 associated with intraduct papillary mucinous neoplasm: report of two casesEva C Vaquero
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Pancreatology 14:316-8. 2014..One of the patients carried a CFTR class-I mutation. Of notice, serum IgG4 levels gradually decreased to normal values after IPMN excision. Common risk factors to IPMN and AIP may facilitate its coincidental generation...
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy combined with preservation of the spleen for cystic neoplasms of the pancreasLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, IMD, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 8:493-501. 2004..The overall hospital stay was 5.7 days. At mean follow up of 22 months (range 6-42), there have been no local recurrences...
- Phase I trial of gefitinib with concurrent radiotherapy and fixed 2-h gemcitabine infusion, in locally advanced pancreatic cancerJoan Maurel
Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Clinic, Institut dé Investigacions Biomediques Científiques Agustí Pi I Suryer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1391-8. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine whether the addition of gefitinib to RT and gemcitabine for patients with locally advanced pancreatic carcinoma (LAPC) was feasible and safe...
- Preoperative staging and tumor resectability assessment of pancreatic cancer: prospective study comparing endoscopic ultrasonography, helical computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and angiographyAntonio Soriano
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 99:492-501. 2004....
- Intra-abdominal pressure as a prognostic factor for tolerance of enteral nutrition in critical patientsNatalia Bejarano
Department of Surgery, Hospital Universitario, Barcelona, Spain
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 37:352-60. 2013....
- Cutaneous metastasis from hepatocellular carcinoma as the first clinical signAuxiliadora Amador
Hepato biliary Pancreatic Surgery Unit, Hospital de Sabadell, Consorci Sanitari Parc Taulí, Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 14:328-30. 2007..Biopsies are required to confirm the diagnosis. The diagnosis of HCC from a cutaneous lesion is very uncommon and is associated with a poor prognosis...
- Percutaneous self-expanding metal stents versus endoscopic polyethylene endoprostheses for treating malignant biliary obstruction: randomized clinical trialVirginia Piñol
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Radiology 225:27-34. 2002..To compare percutaneous self-expanding metal stents with conventional endoscopic polyethylene endoprostheses for treatment of malignant biliary obstruction by means of a prospective randomized clinical trial...
- [Adverse events in general surgery. A prospective analysis of 13,950 consecutive patients]Pere Rebasa
Servicio de Cirugia General, Hospital Universitari Parc Taulí, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
Cir Esp 89:599-605. 2011..Six years ago we designed a prospective AE recording system to change patient safety culture in our Department. We present the results of this work after a 6 year follow-up...
- A study of intestinal permeability in relation to the inflammatory response and plasma endocab IgM levels in patients with acute pancreatitisJuan C Penalva
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital General Universitario Alicante, Hospital General Elche, Alicante, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:512-7. 2004..There is scarce information regarding intestinal permeability (IP) in patients with acute pancreatitis (AP) and its relationship with systemic inflammatory response and bacterial translocation (BT)...
- Different profile of cytokine synthesis according to the severity of acute pancreatitisRaquel Laveda
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Pintor Baeza s n, Alicante 03010, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 11:5309-13. 2005..To evaluate the cellular synthetic ability of cytokines involved in pro- and anti-inflammatory reactions in patients with AP...
- Full-dose intraoperative radiotherapy with electrons during breast-conserving surgeryUmberto Veronesi
Office of the Scientific Director, Milan, Italy
Arch Surg 138:1253-6. 2003..Intraoperative RT delivered with electrons at the total isodose of 2100 rad (21 Gy) could in principle substitute the currently used radiation course of external RT after breast-conserving surgery in selected cases...