- Iodine intake in a population of pregnant women: INMA mother and child cohort study, SpainM Murcia
CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 64:1094-9. 2010..The objectives of this study are to estimate iodine intake and excretion, to assess their association and to evaluate the compliance of the recommendations in a multicentre cohort of pregnant women...
- Effect of iodine supplementation during pregnancy on infant neurodevelopment at 1 year of ageMario Murcia
Unit of Environment and Health, Centre for Public Health Research, Avda Catalunya 21, Valencia, Spain
Am J Epidemiol 173:804-12. 2011..Further evidence on the safety and effectiveness of iodine supplementation during pregnancy is needed before it is systematically recommended in iodine-sufficient or mildly deficient areas...
- Reproducibility and validity of a food frequency questionnaire among pregnant women in a Mediterranean areaJesus Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Ctra, Nacional 332 s n 03550, Campus San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Nutr J 12:26. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the reproducibility and validity (against biochemical biomarkers) of a semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) in pregnant women...
- Thyroxine levels during pregnancy in healthy women and early child neurodevelopmentJordi Julvez
Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiology 24:150-7. 2013..The fetus depends on maternal thyroid hormones during pregnancy for normal brain development. Little is known about the effects of subclinical hypothyroidism and mild hypothyroxinemia during pregnancy on neurodevelopment of the child...
- Prenatal exposure to mercury and infant neurodevelopment in a multicenter cohort in Spain: study of potential modifiersSabrina Llop
Centre for Public Health Research, Valencia, Spain
Am J Epidemiol 175:451-65. 2012..09, 95% CI: -2.21, 0.03), although follow-up is required to confirm these results...
- Prenatal exposure to lead in Spain: cord blood levels and associated factorsSabrina Llop
Centre of Public Health Research, Av Catalunya 21, 46020, Valencia, Spain
Sci Total Environ 409:2298-305. 2011..The present research was carried out within the framework of the INMA project INfancia y Medio Ambiente (Environment and Childhood)...
- Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: the INMA-Valencia project in SpainSabrina Llop
Unit of Environment and Health, Centre of Public Health Research CSISP, Valencia, Spain
Soc Sci Med 72:890-8. 2011..These subgroups also have a higher probability of being exposed to NO(2) levels over 40 μg/m(3), which is the annual limit for maximum safe exposure, as established by European Directive 2008/50/EC...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and birth sizeMaria José Lopez-Espinosa
Centre for Public Health Research CSISP, Conselleria de Sanitat, Avda Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Pediatrics 128:e127-34. 2011....
- Diet quality in early pregnancy and its effects on fetal growth outcomes: the Infancia y Medio Ambiente (Childhood and Environment) Mother and Child Cohort Study in SpainClara L Rodríguez-Bernal
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1659-66. 2010..Maternal diet has been associated with fetal growth outcomes; however, evidence is scarce on the role of dietary quality...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and neonatal thyroid stimulating hormone levelsMaria José Lopez-Espinosa
Centre for Public Health Research, Environmental and Health Research Area, Conselleria de Sanitat, Generalitat Valenciana, Valencia, Spain
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 20:579-88. 2010..09). No statistically significant association was found between the remaining OCs and TSH at birth. Prenatal exposure to β-HCH may affect neonatal thyroid hormone status and its function in neurological development...
- Iodine intake and maternal thyroid function during pregnancyMarisa Rebagliato
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiology 21:62-9. 2010..We examined the association of maternal iodine intake and supplementation with thyroid function before 24 weeks of gestation in population-based samples from 3 different areas in Spain...
- In utero exposure to mixtures of xenoestrogens and child neuropsychological developmentNadia Vilahur
Center for research in environmental epidemiology CREAL, C Doctor Aiguader, 83 08003 Barcelona, Spain Hospital del Mar Research Institute IMIM, Barcelona, Spain CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Spain Genomics and Disease Group, Bioinformatics and Genomics Program, Centre for Genomic Regulation CRG, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Environ Res 134:98-104. 2014..We aimed to assess whether the cumulative effect of xenoestrogens in the placenta is associated with altered infant neuropsychological functioning at two and at four years of age, and if associations differ among boys and girls...
- Fish intake during pregnancy, fetal growth, and gestational length in 19 European birth cohort studiesVasiliki Leventakou
Department of Social Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece VL, TR, and LC the Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain DM, MC, JS, MK, and MV the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain DM, MC, JS, MK, and MV the Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Predictive Medicine and Public Health and Cardiovascular Research and Development Unit, University of Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal HB and AO the Public Health Institute, University of Porto, Portugal HB and AO the Department for Genes and Environment ME and Department of Chronic Diseases HS, Division of Epidemiology, and the Division of Environmental Medicine A LB, MH, and HMH, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway the Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain MC, M Murcia, JS, MK, Department of Pharmacy
Am J Clin Nutr 99:506-16. 2014..Fish is a rich source of essential nutrients for fetal development, but in contrast, it is also a well-known route of exposure to environmental pollutants...
- Maternal thyroid dysfunction during gestation, preterm delivery, and birthweight. The Infancia y Medio Ambiente Cohort, SpainGemma León
Pharmacy, University Cardenal Herrera CEU, Valencia, Spain
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 29:113-22. 2015..However, the effects of mild thyroid dysfunctions are not yet well established. The aim was to evaluate the association of maternal thyroid function during the first half of pregnancy with birthweight and preterm delivery...
- Prenatal exposure to mixtures of xenoestrogens and repetitive element DNA methylation changes in human placentaNadia Vilahur
Center for research in environmental epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute IMIM, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain Genomics and Disease Group, Bioinformatics and Genomics Program, Center for Genomic Regulation CRG, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Spain Electronic address
Environ Int 71:81-7. 2014..Prenatal exposure to endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) has previously shown to alter epigenetic marks...
- Male specific association between xenoestrogen levels in placenta and birthweightNadia Vilahur
Center for research in environmental epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Environ Int 51:174-81. 2013..Fetal exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals may increase the risk for adverse health effects at birth or later in life...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and neuropsychological development up to two years of lifeJoan Forns
Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Spain
Environ Int 45:72-7. 2012..The negative effects of exposure to PCBs on early psychomotor development suggest that the potential neurotoxic effects of these compounds may be evident even at low doses...
- Active and passive smoking during pregnancy and ultrasound measures of fetal growth in a cohort of pregnant womenCarmen Iñiguez
Centre Superior d Investigacióen Salut Pública, Conselleria de Sanitat, Valencia, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:563-70. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the impact of active and passive smoking during pregnancy on fetal biometry in a cohort of Spanish women...
- Fish consumption during pregnancy, prenatal mercury exposure, and anthropometric measures at birth in a prospective mother-infant cohort study in SpainRosa Ramón
CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1047-55. 2009..Birth size has been shown to be related to maternal fish intake, although the results are inconsistent...
- Air pollution during pregnancy and childhood cognitive and psychomotor development: six European birth cohortsMonica Guxens
From the aCenter for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain bHospital del Mar Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain cSpanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain dInserm, Team of Environmental Epidemiology Applied to Reproduction and Respiratory Health, U823, Grenoble, France eUniversity Grenoble Alpes, Institut Albert Bonniot, Grenoble, France fDepartment of Epidemiology Lazio Regional Health Service, Rome, Italy gUniversity of Valencia, Valencia, Spain hCenter for Public Health Research CSISP FISABIO, Valencia, Spain iInstitute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands jDepartment of Social Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece kINSERM, Centre for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health CESP, U1018, Epidemiology of Diabetes, Obesity and Kidney Disease Lifelong Approach Team, Paris, France lUniversity Paris Sud, UMRS 1018, France mCentre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London, United Kingdom nBiomedical Research Center, University of Granada Granada, MS 439
Epidemiology 25:636-47. 2014..Accumulating evidence from laboratory animal and human studies suggests that air pollution exposure during pregnancy affects cognitive and psychomotor development in childhood...
- Polymorphisms in ABC transporter genes and concentrations of mercury in newborns--evidence from two Mediterranean birth cohortsSabrina Llop
Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research in the Valencian Region, FISABIO, Valencia, Spain Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e97172. 2014..The genetic background may influence methylmercury (MeHg) metabolism and neurotoxicity. ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters actively transport various xenobiotics across biological membranes...