- Iodine intake in a population of pregnant women: INMA mother and child cohort study, SpainM Murcia
CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 64:1094-9. 2010..The objectives of this study are to estimate iodine intake and excretion, to assess their association and to evaluate the compliance of the recommendations in a multicentre cohort of pregnant women...
- Effect of iodine supplementation during pregnancy on infant neurodevelopment at 1 year of ageMario Murcia
Unit of Environment and Health, Centre for Public Health Research, Avda Catalunya 21, Valencia, Spain
Am J Epidemiol 173:804-12. 2011..Further evidence on the safety and effectiveness of iodine supplementation during pregnancy is needed before it is systematically recommended in iodine-sufficient or mildly deficient areas...
- Reproducibility and validity of a food frequency questionnaire among pregnant women in a Mediterranean areaJesus Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Ctra, Nacional 332 s n 03550, Campus San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Nutr J 12:26. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the reproducibility and validity (against biochemical biomarkers) of a semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) in pregnant women...
- Thyroxine levels during pregnancy in healthy women and early child neurodevelopmentJordi Julvez
Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiology 24:150-7. 2013..The fetus depends on maternal thyroid hormones during pregnancy for normal brain development. Little is known about the effects of subclinical hypothyroidism and mild hypothyroxinemia during pregnancy on neurodevelopment of the child...
- Prenatal exposure to mercury and infant neurodevelopment in a multicenter cohort in Spain: study of potential modifiersSabrina Llop
Centre for Public Health Research, Valencia, Spain
Am J Epidemiol 175:451-65. 2012..09, 95% CI: -2.21, 0.03), although follow-up is required to confirm these results...
- Prenatal exposure to lead in Spain: cord blood levels and associated factorsSabrina Llop
Centre of Public Health Research, Av Catalunya 21, 46020, Valencia, Spain
Sci Total Environ 409:2298-305. 2011..The present research was carried out within the framework of the INMA project INfancia y Medio Ambiente (Environment and Childhood)...
- Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: the INMA-Valencia project in SpainSabrina Llop
Unit of Environment and Health, Centre of Public Health Research CSISP, Valencia, Spain
Soc Sci Med 72:890-8. 2011..These subgroups also have a higher probability of being exposed to NO(2) levels over 40 μg/m(3), which is the annual limit for maximum safe exposure, as established by European Directive 2008/50/EC...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and birth sizeMaria José Lopez-Espinosa
Centre for Public Health Research CSISP, Conselleria de Sanitat, Avda Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Pediatrics 128:e127-34. 2011....
- Diet quality in early pregnancy and its effects on fetal growth outcomes: the Infancia y Medio Ambiente (Childhood and Environment) Mother and Child Cohort Study in SpainClara L Rodríguez-Bernal
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1659-66. 2010..Maternal diet has been associated with fetal growth outcomes; however, evidence is scarce on the role of dietary quality...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and neonatal thyroid stimulating hormone levelsMaria José Lopez-Espinosa
Centre for Public Health Research, Environmental and Health Research Area, Conselleria de Sanitat, Generalitat Valenciana, Valencia, Spain
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 20:579-88. 2010..09). No statistically significant association was found between the remaining OCs and TSH at birth. Prenatal exposure to β-HCH may affect neonatal thyroid hormone status and its function in neurological development...
- Iodine intake and maternal thyroid function during pregnancyMarisa Rebagliato
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiology 21:62-9. 2010..We examined the association of maternal iodine intake and supplementation with thyroid function before 24 weeks of gestation in population-based samples from 3 different areas in Spain...
- Fish intake during pregnancy, fetal growth, and gestational length in 19 European birth cohort studiesVasiliki Leventakou
Department of Social Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece VL, TR, and LC the Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain DM, MC, JS, MK, and MV the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain DM, MC, JS, MK, and MV the Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Predictive Medicine and Public Health and Cardiovascular Research and Development Unit, University of Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal HB and AO the Public Health Institute, University of Porto, Portugal HB and AO the Department for Genes and Environment ME and Department of Chronic Diseases HS, Division of Epidemiology, and the Division of Environmental Medicine A LB, MH, and HMH, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway the Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain MC, M Murcia, JS, MK, Department of Pharmacy
Am J Clin Nutr 99:506-16. 2014..Fish is a rich source of essential nutrients for fetal development, but in contrast, it is also a well-known route of exposure to environmental pollutants...
- Active and passive smoking during pregnancy and ultrasound measures of fetal growth in a cohort of pregnant womenCarmen Iñiguez
Centre Superior d Investigacióen Salut Pública, Conselleria de Sanitat, Valencia, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:563-70. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the impact of active and passive smoking during pregnancy on fetal biometry in a cohort of Spanish women...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and neuropsychological development up to two years of lifeJoan Forns
Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Spain
Environ Int 45:72-7. 2012..The negative effects of exposure to PCBs on early psychomotor development suggest that the potential neurotoxic effects of these compounds may be evident even at low doses...
- Male specific association between xenoestrogen levels in placenta and birthweightNadia Vilahur
Center for research in environmental epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Environ Int 51:174-81. 2013..Fetal exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals may increase the risk for adverse health effects at birth or later in life...
- Fish consumption during pregnancy, prenatal mercury exposure, and anthropometric measures at birth in a prospective mother-infant cohort study in SpainRosa Ramón
CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1047-55. 2009..Birth size has been shown to be related to maternal fish intake, although the results are inconsistent...
- Polymorphisms in ABC transporter genes and concentrations of mercury in newborns--evidence from two Mediterranean birth cohortsSabrina Llop
Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research in the Valencian Region, FISABIO, Valencia, Spain Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e97172. 2014..The genetic background may influence methylmercury (MeHg) metabolism and neurotoxicity. ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters actively transport various xenobiotics across biological membranes...