- [Personality characteristics of alcoholic candidates for liver transplantation]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología, Instituto Clínico de Psiquiatría i Psicología, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 122:779-81. 2004..Although the characteristics of personality have been scarcely investigated in alcoholic patients who are candidates for liver transplantation (LT), a psychopathological evaluation is necessary in them...
- [Alcoholic patients hospitalized in a psychiatry unit: mortality at 14 years]Miquel Monras
Unitat d Alcohologia, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona
Adicciones 23:317-25. 2011....
- [Efficacy of group therapy of alcoholics. Results of a controlled clinical trial]M Monras
Unidad de Alcohología de la Generalitat de Catalunya, Hospital Clinico de Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 115:126-31. 2000..Group therapy is widely used in psychiatry and psychology, specially in the treatment of alcoholism. Nevertheless, scientific evidence of its efficacy is scarce, and professionals tend very often to doubt about its usefulness...
- Prevalence of alcohol consumption related disorders in a prison population convicted of crimes against road safetyMiquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología Hospital Clínico de Barcelona
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 39:163-7. 2011..We have investigated if these persons are occasionally alcohol drinkers or if they are alcoholics with difficult to modify alcohol patterns...
- [Assessing coping strategies in alcoholics: Comparison while controlling for personality disorders, cognitive impairment and benzodiazepine misuse]Miquel Monras
Institut de Neurociencies, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Spain
Adicciones 22:191-7. 2010..The current study examines whether this may be due to a lack of coping skills in those cases. The COPE (Coping Orientations to Problems Experienced) is a questionnaire used for assessing coping strategies...
- [Personality profile in alcoholic inpatients by TCI questionnaire. Differences between abusers and non abusers of benzodiazepines and between patients with personality disorders and patients without]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohologia Instituto de Neurociencias Hospital Clínico de Barcelona España
Adicciones 20:143-8. 2008..These traits can then be used as criteria of good prognosis and as psychotherapeutic targets...
- Using the temperament and character inventory (TCI) to predict outcome after inpatient detoxification during 100 days of outpatient treatmentMiquel Monras Arnau
Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Alcohol Unit, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Alcohol Alcohol 43:583-8. 2008..The aim was to evaluate TCI (Temperament and Character Inventory) scales in identifying personality traits for predicting adherence to outpatient treatments and the relapse of alcohol consumption by alcoholic patients...
- [Alcohol-dependent patients with benzodiazepine abuse: its relation to personality disorders and neuropsychological impairment]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología, Instituto de Neurociencias, Hospital Clinico, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 130:693-5. 2008..We aimed to observe the differences regarding personality disorders (PD) and cognitive deterioration between alcohol dependent patients and patients who were benzodiazepine dependent as well...
- [Alcoholism and immigration. Adherence of immigrant patients to group therapy]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología, Institut Clínic de Neurociències, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 126:250-2. 2006..Increasing numbers of foreigners are accessing alcohol treatment facilities, but efficacy of TG in those patients has not been studied. This work focuses on the influence of ethnicity and language in the compliance of GT...
- [Alcoholism in the general hospital: 4 years mortality and hospitalization]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología, Instituto de Neurociencias, Hospital Clinico, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:441-7. 2005..We aimed to analyze the mortality, and emergency room and hospital admissions in a sample of alcohol dependent patients during the four years following their identification in a general hospital...
- [Two year follow-up of inpatients with alcohol-related diseases]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología, Institut Clínic de Psiquiatria i Psicologia, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 123:521-6. 2004..Our objective was to study the outcome and compliance of both medical and alcoholism treatment in alcoholics discharged from a general hospital...
- [Alcoholism in the general hospital: detection and treatment]Miquel Monras
Unidad de Alcohología, Instituto de Psiquiatría y Psicología, Hospital Clinico, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 121:733-5. 2003..Alcohol is an important factor in hospital admissions. Few publications have studied how alcoholics are handled in hospitals...
- [Indications of group therapy for alcoholism treatment]M Monras
Unidad de Alcohología de la Generalitat de Catalunya, Hospital Clinico de Barcelona, Institut Clinic de Malalties Digestives
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 28:298-303. 2000..Furthermore, this therapies are scarcely evaluated and they do not exist homogeneous and objective criteria about their indication...
- Predictive factors of abstinence in patients undergoing liver transplantation for alcoholic liver diseaseJose Altamirano
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Ciber de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Hepatol 11:213-21. 2012..2) Determine factors associated with abstinence from alcohol at initial psycho-social evaluation for LT and 3) To evaluate the potential impact of alcohol-free beer consumption on 6-month abstinence...
- [Clinical guideline for the evaluation of liver transplant candidates with addictions]Anna Lligoña
Unidad de Alcohología, Servicio de Psiquiatria, Instituto Clínico de Neurociencias, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 32:155-61. 2009..In addition, recommendations for the follow-up of these patients are provided...
- Prevalence and routine assessment of unhealthy alcohol use in hospitalized patientsBeatriz Roson
Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Feixa Llarga s n, L Hospitatel de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 21:458-64. 2010..To determine the prevalence of alcohol misuse among medical inpatients and the methods used by medical staff to evaluate alcohol consumption...