- Divergence with gene flow and fine-scale phylogeographical structure in the wedge-billed woodcreeper, Glyphorynchus spirurus, a Neotropical rainforest birdB Mila
Center for Tropical Research, Institute for the Environment, University of California, 619 Charles Young Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1496, USA
Mol Ecol 18:2979-95. 2009..Our results support the predominant role of geographical isolation in driving genetic differentiation in G. spirurus, yet suggest the role of selection in driving parallel morphological divergence along ecological gradients...
- Marked genetic structuring and extreme dispersal limitation in the Pyrenean brook newt Calotriton asper (Amphibia: Salamandridae) revealed by genome-wide AFLP but not mtDNABorja Milá
Station d Ecologie Experimentale, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, USR 2936, Moulis, 09200 Saint Girons, France
Mol Ecol 19:108-20. 2010..asper. The contrasting lack of variation detected in mtDNA sequence data is intriguing and underscores the importance of multilocus approaches to detect true patterns of gene flow in natural populations of amphibians...
- The geographic scale of diversification on islands: genetic and morphological divergence at a very small spatial scale in the Mascarene grey white-eye (Aves: Zosterops borbonicus)Borja Milá
Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Jose Gutierrez Abascal 2, Madrid E 28006, Spain
BMC Evol Biol 10:158. 2010....
- Extensive population genetic structure in the giraffeDavid M Brown
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, 90095, USA
BMC Biol 5:57. 2007....
- Recent postglacial range expansion drives the rapid diversification of a songbird lineage in the genus JuncoBorja Milá
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California Los Angeles, 621 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Biol Sci 274:2653-60. 2007..These results underscore the role of postglacial expansions in promoting diversification and speciation through a mechanism that represents an alternative to traditional modes of Pleistocene speciation...
- Evolutionary consequences of human disturbance in a rainforest bird species from Central AfricaThomas B Smith
Center for Tropical Research, Institute of the Environment, University of California Los Angeles, 619 Charles Young Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Ecol 17:58-71. 2008..Results suggest that anthropogenic habitat changes may have evolutionary consequences, with implications for conservation and restoration...
- Postglacial population expansion drives the evolution of long-distance migration in a songbirdBorja Milá
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, 621 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Evolution 60:2403-9. 2006....
- Speciation and rapid phenotypic differentiation in the yellow-rumped warbler Dendroica coronata complexBorja Milá
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California Los Angeles, 621 Charles E Young Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Ecol 16:159-73. 2007....
- Genetic evidence for the effect of a postglacial population expansion on the phylogeography of a North American songbirdB Mila
Center for Tropical Research, San Francisco State University, CA 94132, USA
Proc Biol Sci 267:1033-40. 2000....