- Temporal regulation of DNA replication in mammalian cellsJuan Mendez
DNA replication Group, Molecular Oncology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 44:343-51. 2009..This review covers our current understanding of the mechanisms that determine RT in mammalian cells, its possible biological significance and how unscheduled alterations of the RT program may predispose to human disease...
- Cohesin organizes chromatin loops at DNA replication factoriesEmmanuelle Guillou
DNA replication Group, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Genes Dev 24:2812-22. 2010..These results give a new dimension to the role of cohesin in the architectural organization of interphase chromatin, by showing its participation in DNA replication...
- Visualization of the MCM DNA helicase at replication factories before the onset of DNA synthesisTomas Aparicio
DNA replication Group, Molecular Oncology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro, 3, 28029, Madrid, Spain
Chromosoma 121:499-507. 2012..Most MCM complexes are released from chromatin, except for a small but detectable fraction that remains at the forks during the S phase, as expected for a replicative helicase...
- The human GINS complex associates with Cdc45 and MCM and is essential for DNA replicationTomas Aparicio
DNA replication Group, Molecular Oncology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Center CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 37:2087-95. 2009..Down-regulation of hGINS destabilizes CMG, causes a G1-S arrest and slows down ongoing DNA replication, effectively blocking cell proliferation. Our data support the notion that hGINS is an essential component of the human replisome...
- Excess MCM proteins protect human cells from replicative stress by licensing backup origins of replicationArkaitz Ibarra
DNA replication Group, Molecular Oncology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro, 3 E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8956-61. 2008..Our data show that the chromatin-bound "excess" Mcm2-7 complexes play an important role in maintaining genomic integrity under conditions of replicative stress...
- Genomic stability and tumour suppression by the APC/C cofactor Cdh1Irene Garcia-Higuera
Cell Division and Cancer Group, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Nat Cell Biol 10:802-11. 2008..These results indicate that Cdh1 is required for preventing unscheduled proliferation of specific progenitor cells and protecting mammalian cells from genomic instability...
- CDC6: from DNA replication to cell cycle checkpoints and oncogenesisLuis R Borlado
DNA replication Group, Molecular Oncology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Carcinogenesis 29:237-43. 2008..These findings indicate that deregulation of CDC6 expression in human cells poses a serious risk of carcinogenesis...
- Molecular architecture of the human GINS complexJasminka Boskovic
Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme, Macromolecular Crystallography Group, Spanish National Cancer Research Center CNIO, Madrid, Spain
EMBO Rep 8:678-84. 2007..The structure and DNA-binding data suggest how GINS could interact with DNA and also its possible role in the CMG helicase complex...