Manuel Martinez Selles
- MartÃnez SellÃ©s M, MassÃ³ van Roessel A, Ãlvarez GarcÃa J, GarcÃa de la Villa B, Cruz Jentoft A, VidÃ¡n M, et al. Interatrial block and atrial arrhythmias in centenarians: Prevalence, associations, and clinical implications. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:645-51 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that IAB, particularly advanced IAB, is a pre-atrial fibrillation condition associated with premature atrial beats. Atrial arrhythmias and IAB occurred more frequently in centenarians than in septuagenarians. ..
- MartÃnez SellÃ©s M, GÃ³mez Huelgas R, Abu Assi E, CalderÃ³n A, VidÃ¡n M. [Chronic ischaemic heart disease in the elderly]. Med Clin (Barc). 2016;146:372.e1-372.e10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in most patients medical treatment is the best option and that this treatment must take into account the above factors and the biological changes associated with aging. ..
- Martinez Selles M, Gomez Huelgas R, Abu Assi E, Calderon A, Vidan M. [Chronic ischaemic heart disease in the elderly]. Semergen. 2017;43:109-122 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in most patients medical treatment is the best option and that this treatment must take into account the above factors and the biological changes associated with aging. ..
- Martinez Selles M, Gómez Huelgas R, Abu Assi E, Calderon A, Vidán M. [Chronic ischaemic heart disease in the elderly]. Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2016;51:170-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in most patients medical treatment is the best option and that this treatment must take into account the above factors and the biological changes associated with aging. ..
- Hugo G, Figueiras Graillet L, Anguita M, Marin F, Bertomeu V, Roldan I, et al. Oral anticoagulation in octogenarians with atrial fibrillation. Int J Cardiol. 2016;223:87-90 pubmed publisher..In this large registry octogenarians with nonvalvular AF had high risk of stroke and bleeding and frequent renal disease. VKAs anticoagulation quality was similar in octogenarians and in younger patients. ..
- Li X, Sousa Casasnovas I, Devesa C, Juarez M, Fernandez Aviles F, Martinez Selles M. Predictors of in-hospital mortality among cardiogenic shock patients. Prognostic and therapeutic implications. Int J Cardiol. 2016;224:114-118 pubmed publisher..This and other prognostic variables (age, blood glucose, and heart rate) may be useful for risk stratification and to select appropriate medical or invasive interventions. ..
- Diez Delhoyo F, Valero Masa M, Velásquez Rodríguez J, Devesa Cordero C, Sousa Casasnovas I, Juarez M, et al. Very low risk ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction? It exists and may be easily identified. Int J Cardiol. 2017;228:615-620 pubmed publisher..About a fifth of STEMI patients have VLR and can be easily identified. They have an excellent prognosis suggesting that 24-48h in-hospital stay could be a feasible alternative in these patients. ..
- Vicent L, Ayesta A, Vidán M, Miguel Yanes J, Garcia J, Tamargo M, et al. [Profile of heart failure according to the department of admission. Implications for multidisciplinary management]. Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2017;52:182-187 pubmed publisher..1 - 8.6], p=.03), with no other significant comparisons. Patients admitted due to decompensated heart failure are elderly and often have comorbidities. There are major differences between departments as regards age and clinical profile. ..
- Martinez Selles M, Munoz P, Estevez A, del Castillo R, Garcia Fernandez M, Rodriguez Creixems M, et al. Long-term outcome of infective endocarditis in non-intravenous drug users. Mayo Clin Proc. 2008;83:1213-7 pubmed publisher..Survival was similar for patients with native-valve IE and those with prosthetic-valve IE. Survival was also similar for patients who underwent surgery during hospitalization and those who did not. ..
- González Saldívar H, Rodriguez Pascual C, de la Morena G, Fernandez Golfin C, Amorós C, Alonso M, et al. Comparison of 1-Year Outcome in Patients With Severe Aorta Stenosis Treated Conservatively or by Aortic Valve Replacement or by Percutaneous Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (Data from a Multicenter Spanish Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2016;118:244-50 pubmed publisher..The outcome in asymptomatic patients managed conservatively was acceptable. Management in tertiary hospitals is associated with valve intervention. One-year survival was similar with both interventional strategies. ..
- Velásquez Rodríguez J, Diez Delhoyo F, Valero Masa M, Vicent L, Devesa C, Sousa Casasnovas I, et al. Prognostic Impact of Age and Hemoglobin in Acute ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated With Reperfusion Therapy. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1909-1916 pubmed publisher..This association is also present in men ≥65 years with normal hemoglobin levels. ..
- Vicent L, Nunez Olarte J, Puente Maestu L, Oliva A, Lopez J, Postigo A, et al. Degree of dyspnoea at admission and discharge in patients with heart failure and respiratory diseases. BMC Palliat Care. 2017;16:35 pubmed publisher..65.6±1.0, p=0.006). About a quarter of patients admitted with HF or RD persist with severe dyspnoea at discharge. Opioids are probably underused. HF patients have less dyspnoea than patients with RD but present worse quality of life. ..
- Vicent L, Martinez Selles M. Electrocardiogeriatrics: ECG in advanced age. J Electrocardiol. 2017;50:698-700 pubmed publisher..Interatrial block (IAB) is frequently present, mainly partial IAB. Atrial fibrillation prevalence raises from 6-7% in those aged 65-74years to 13-17% in those >75years. ..
- BayÃ©s de Luna A, MartÃnez SellÃ©s M, BayÃ©s GenÃs A, Elosua R, Baranchuk A. Surface ECG interatrial block-guided treatment for stroke prevention: rationale for an attractive hypothesis. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:211 pubmed publisher..In this debate, we discuss the association of surface ECG IAB, a marker of atrial fibrosis, with AF and stroke. We also present the rationale that justifies further studies regarding anticoagulation in some of these patients. ..
- Valero Masa M, Velásquez Rodríguez J, Diez Delhoyo F, Devesa C, Juarez M, Sousa Casasnovas I, et al. Sex differences in acute myocardial infarction: Is it only the age?. Int J Cardiol. 2017;231:36-41 pubmed publisher..71, 95% CI 0.97-2.99) or long-term mortality (HR 1.0, 95% CI 0.7-1.5). In patients with acute STEMI, the association of female sex with poor prognosis is mainly explained by age. Sex does not seem to be an independent prognostic factor. ..
- Ayesta A, Sousa Casasnovas I, Gómez E, Martinez Selles M, Fernandez Aviles F. Outpatient follow-up during the first year after heart transplantation, is it feasible?. Int J Cardiol. 2017;228:1-3 pubmed publisher..No difference was found in 1-year mortality (IF 2.3% vs. 1.0%, p=0.60). First year post-cardiac transplantation outpatient follow-up seems to be feasible and safe in terms of infection, rejection, vascular complications and mortality. ..
- Vicent L, Velásquez Rodríguez J, Valero Masa M, Diez Delhoyo F, González Saldívar H, Bruña V, et al. Predictors of high Killip class after ST segment elevation myocardial infarction in the era of primary reperfusion. Int J Cardiol. 2017;248:46-50 pubmed publisher..5%, II 3.7%, III 16.7%, IV 36.7%). In patients with STEMI Killip class can be predicted with variables available when primary percutaneous coronary intervention is performed and is strongly associated with in-hospital prognosis. ..