- Dermoscopy of skin lesions in two patients with xeroderma pigmentosumJ Malvehy
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 152:271-8. 2005..Dermoscopy is a new diagnostic method that increases the diagnostic accuracy for skin tumours...
- Dermoscopy report: proposal for standardization. Results of a consensus meeting of the International Dermoscopy SocietyJosep Malvehy
Dermatology Department, Melanoma Unit, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:84-95. 2007....
- Inherited susceptibility to several cancers but absence of linkage between dysplastic nevus syndrome and CDKN2A in a melanoma family with a mutation in the CDKN2A (P16INK4A) geneS Puig
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Genet 101:359-64. 1997..The study strongly suggests that CDKN2A mutations are involved not only in the predisposition to CMM but also to several other types of cancer...
- Dermoscopic pattern of intermediate stage in seborrhoeic keratosis regressing to lichenoid keratosis: report of 24 casesP Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, 43004 Tarragona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 157:266-72. 2007..Lichenoid keratosis (LK) is a well-described entity which has been proposed to represent an immunological or regressive response to pre-existing epidermal lesions such as solar lentigines or seborrhoeic keratoses...
- Dermoscopic features of melanomas associated with MC1R variants in Spanish CDKN2A mutation carriersF Cuellar
Melanoma Unit, Department of Dermatology, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 160:48-53. 2009..The presence of at least one MC1R gene variant is associated with a reduction in age at melanoma diagnosis in families with CDKN2A mutations...
- [Initial evaluation, diagnosis, staging, treatment, and follow-up of patients with primary cutaneous malignant melanoma. Consensus statement of the Network of Catalan and Balearic Melanoma Centers]C Mangas
Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 101:129-42. 2010..In addition, the regular meetings of the group have produced interesting proposals for collaboration in various epidemiological, clinical, and basic applied research projects on the subject of malignant melanoma in our society...
- S-100beta and MIA in advanced melanoma in relation to prognostic factorsJ M Auge
Oncobiology Unit, Laboratory of Biochemistry, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Medical School, Barcelona, Spain
Anticancer Res 25:1779-82. 2005..MIA was related to the same metastases locations but without statistical significance. In summary, both S100 and ML4 are useful markers related to prognostic factors, being more effective when used in combination...
- Dermoscopy of cutaneous leishmaniasisA Llambrich
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Son Llatzer, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Br J Dermatol 160:756-61. 2009..Dermoscopy has been proposed as a diagnostic tool in the case of skin infections and parasitosis but no specific dermoscopic criteria have been described for cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL)...
- Large deletions of chromosome 9p in cutaneous malignant melanoma identify patients with a high risk of developing metastases. Hospital Clinic Malignant Melanoma Group, University of BarcelonaS Puig
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Melanoma Res 10:231-6. 2000..5% (specificity 68%). LOH of eight or more of the 9p microsatellite markers is therefore a useful prognostic factor to predict the development of metastases in the first 4.4-6.3 years (1621-2294 days)...
- Development of a two-step method for the diagnosis of melanoma by reflectance confocal microscopySonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Passeig Maritim 25 29, Barcelona 08003, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:216-29. 2009..Reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM) has been shown to improve accuracy in the differentiation of nevus from melanoma, but only a few studies have evaluated both melanocytic lesions (ML) and non-ML...
- Biochemotherapy with low doses of subcutaneous interleukin-2 in patients with melanoma: results of a phase II trialMaría González Cao
Servicio de Oncología Médica ICHMO, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 7:250-4. 2005..Metastatic melanoma has an ominous prognosis. Bio-chemotherapy regimens can increase the response rate but with a high degree of toxicity due, mainly, to the use of high-dose intravenous interleukin-2...
- Serum protein s-100 predicts clinical outcome in patients with melanoma treated with adjuvant interferon--comparison with tyrosinase rt-PCRJ Domingo-Domenech
Medical Oncology Department, Biochemistry Department, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Melanoma Group, Barcelona, Spain
Oncology 68:341-9. 2005..To study the clinical value of the determination of serum S-100 protein as a single tumor marker or in combination with tyrosinase RT-PCR in patients with melanoma receiving adjuvant interferon...
- Dermoscopy of pyogenic granuloma: a morphological studyP Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, 43003 Tarragona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 163:1229-37. 2010..Pyogenic granuloma is a common, benign, vascular lesion of the skin and mucous membranes which is a simulator of amelanotic/hypomelanotic melanoma and other tumours...
- Dermoscopy is useful for the recognition of benign-malignant compound tumoursP Zaballos
Dermatology Department, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, 43003 Tarragona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 153:653-6. 2005..We conclude that dermoscopy is a useful tool for improving the recognition of these kinds of tumours...
- Dermoscopic criteria and basal cell carcinomaS Puig
Melanoma Unit, Dermatology Department, Barcelona Clinical Hospital, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 147:135-40. 2012..Improved knowledge of all these criteria may avoid some diagnostic pitfalls and improve the early recognition of BCCs...
- Dermoscopic criteria and melanocytic lesionsR Roldan-Marin
Diagnosis Dermatologica, Barcelona, Spain
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 147:149-59. 2012..This article reviews the principles of dermoscopy, the most common dermoscopic patterns associated with nevi and melanoma, and the factors influencing the nevus pattern in a given individual...
- Dermoscopic findings in pyogenic granulomaP Zaballos
Dermatology Department, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Rambla Vella 14, 43003 Tarragona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 154:1108-11. 2006..To the best of our knowledge, no specific dermoscopic criteria have been described in the medical literature for the diagnosis of pyogenic granuloma...
- Dermoscopic findings of haemosiderotic and aneurysmal dermatofibroma: report of six patientsP Zaballos
Dermatology Department, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Rambla Vella, 14, 43003 Tarragona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 154:244-50. 2006..Dermoscopy improves the diagnostic accuracy in pigmented and nonpigmented skin lesions...
- Prognostic implications of protein S-100beta serum levels in the clinical outcome of high-risk melanoma patientsJosep Domingo-Domenech
Medical Oncology Department and Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Tumour Biol 28:264-72. 2007..It was the aim of this study to analyze the clinical value of the determination of serum S-100beta protein in high-risk melanoma patients...
- In vivo microscopic features of nodular melanomas: dermoscopy, confocal microscopy, and histopathologic correlatesSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, 170 Villarroel, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 144:1311-20. 2008..To characterize nodular melanoma (NM) using dermoscopy, in vivo reflectance-mode confocal microscopy, and histopathologic analysis...
- Benefits of oral Polypodium Leucotomos extract in MM high-risk patientsP Aguilera
Melanoma Unit Genetic Unit Photobiology and Phototherapy Unit, Dermatology Department, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universidad de Barcelona, Spain Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA Dermatology Service, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain 2 U726 CIBERER, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Barcelona, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27:1095-100. 2013..05) in all patients. Dark-eye patients and patients with higher UVR sensibility (lower basal MED) would be the most benefited from oral PL treatment. ..
- Dermoscopic patterns of melanoma metastases: interobserver consistency and accuracy for metastasis recognitionJ Costa
Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Unitat de Melanoma, IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 169:91-9. 2013..Cutaneous metastases of malignant melanoma (CMMM) can be confused with other skin lesions. Dermoscopy could be helpful in the differential diagnosis...
- [Melanocytic nevi, melanoma, and pregnancy]V Borges
Unidad de Melanoma, Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 102:650-7. 2011..Evidence was located by MEDLINE search (in PubMed and Ovid) for articles in English and Spanish for the period from 1966 to March 2010; additional sources were found through the reference lists of the identified articles...
- Homogeneous blue pattern in an acral congenital melanocytic nevusAnastasia A Garrido-Ríos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Dermatology 217:315-7. 2008..The recognition of this pattern in benign acral congenital nevi is relevant in the clinical decision making concerning acral tumors...
- Toxicity of combined treatment of adjuvant irradiation and interferon alpha2b in high-risk melanoma patientsCarlos Conill
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Melanoma Res 17:304-9. 2007..Concurrent use of adjuvant radiotherapy and IFNalpha2b might enhance radiation-induced toxicity, and special care should be taken when the spinal cord is included in the radiation field...
- Clinical outcome after surgical resection of lung metastases from melanomaCarlos Conill
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 9:48-52. 2007..Surgical therapy plays an important role in the management of selected patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Melanomas that failed dermoscopic detection: a combined clinicodermoscopic approach for not missing melanomaSusana Puig
Melanoma Unit, Dermatology Department, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatol Surg 33:1262-73. 2007..The objective was to describe the clinical and dermoscopic characteristics of difficult-to-diagnose melanomas (DDM)...
- Development of a human in vivo method to study the effect of ultraviolet radiation and sunscreens in melanocytic neviCristina Carrera
Melanoma Unit, Dermatology Department, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 217:124-36. 2008..The aim was to design and validate an in vivo human model to study the influence of UVR and sunscreen protection on nevi...
- Whole brain irradiation and temozolomide based chemotherapy in melanoma brain metastasesCarlos Conill
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 8:266-70. 2006..The objective was to evaluate the potential benefit in survival of two different schedules of total dose and fractionation (20 Gy/5 fractions vs 30 Gy/10 fractions) and further TMZ based chemotherapy...
- Prevalence study of nevi in children from Barcelona. Dermoscopy, constitutional and environmental factorsPaula Aguilera
Melanoma Unit, Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Institute for Biomedical Investigations August Pi Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 218:203-14. 2009..Childhood and adolescence is an important time of life for the formation and evolution of nevi, and the presence of a higher number of nevi in early life could predict a major risk of developing melanoma...
- Secondary orbital metastases from cutaneous melanomaCarlos Conill
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Melanoma Res 14:437-8. 2004
- Preoperative assessment of cutaneous melanoma thickness using 10-MHz sonographyRamon Vilana
Department of Radiology, DIC, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:639-43. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of 10-MHz sonography in measuring melanoma thickness before biopsy or excision...
- Treatment of patients with progressive unresectable metastatic melanoma with a heterologous polyvalent melanoma whole cell vaccineRamon Vilella
Department of Immunology, Hospital Clinic and IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 106:626-31. 2003..The clinical responses and the median survival of our group of patients, together with the low toxicity of our polyvalent vaccine, suggest that this approach could be applied to earlier metastatic melanoma patients...
- Temozolomide as prophylaxis for melanoma brain metastasesCarlos Conill
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Melanoma Res 14:73-4. 2004
- Role of the CDKN2A locus in patients with multiple primary melanomasSusana Puig
Dermatology Department, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 23:3043-51. 2005..We have studied a consecutive case series of patients with multiple primary melanoma (MPM) for the involvement of the melanoma susceptibility loci CDKN2A and CDK4...
- Non-invasive management of non-melanoma skin cancer in patients with cancer predisposition genodermatosis: a role for confocal microscopy and photodynamic therapyS Segura
Melanoma Unit, Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:819-27. 2011....
- Acral melanoma simulating warts: dermoscopic clues to prevent missing a melanomaJoan Dalmau
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatol Surg 32:1072-8. 2006..In the Caucasian population health care providers often misdiagnose acral melanoma, and this is the cause of inadequate treatments. Clinical and dermoscopic clues can be easily recognized, which help to prevent missing a melanoma...
- Studying regression of seborrheic keratosis in lichenoid keratosis with sequential dermoscopy imagingPedro Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Dermatology 220:103-9. 2010..Lichenoid keratosis (LK) is a well-described entity that has been proposed to represent a regressive response to a pre-existent epidermal lesion...
- Large atypical melanocytic nevi in recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa: clinicopathological, ultrastructural, and dermoscopic studyFernando Gallardo
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar, IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 22:338-43. 2005..The clinical, histopathologic and ultrastructural features of these nevi are reviewed. The usefulness of dermoscopic examination in the routine diagnosis and follow-up of these lesions are stressed...
- Dermoscopic patterns of benign volar melanocytic lesions in patients with atypical mole syndromeJosep Malvehy
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, Institut de Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Suñé, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 140:538-44. 2004..The advent of dermoscopy has enabled more specific diagnoses of these pigmented skin lesions...
- Dermoscopy of dermatofibromas: a prospective morphological study of 412 casesPedro Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Rambla Vella, 14, 43003, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 144:75-83. 2008..To describe the dermoscopic features, including vascular structures and patterns associated with dermatofibromas in a large series of cases...
- Pilot study of treatment of biochemotherapy-refractory stage IV melanoma patients with autologous dendritic cells pulsed with a heterologous melanoma cell line lysateR Vilella
Department of Immunology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Immunol Immunother 53:651-8. 2004..The clinical responses and the median survival of the group of patients, together with the low toxicity of our DC vaccine, suggest that this approach could be applied to earlier AJCC stage IV melanoma patients...
- CDKN2A mutations in Spanish cutaneous malignant melanoma families and patients with multiple melanomas and other neoplasiaA Ruiz
Medical and Molecular Genetics Centre IRO, Hospital Duran i Reynals, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Med Genet 36:490-3. 1999..This study indicates a small role for CDKN2A in Spanish CMM families and suggests that other genes are also responsible for CMM predisposition...
- Dendritic cells in pigmented basal cell carcinoma: a relevant finding by reflectance-mode confocal microscopySonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:883-6. 2007..We studied 3 consecutive pigmented BCC by means of RCM and performed a histological and immunohistochemical correlation focusing on the presence of dendritic structures...
- Adult xanthogranuloma mimicking basal cell carcinoma: dermoscopy, reflectance confocal microscopy and pathological correlationLouise Lovato
Dermatology Department, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, CIBER de Enfermedades Raras, Barcelona, Spain
Dermatology 220:66-70. 2010..To our knowledge this is the first description of the clinical, dermoscopic and confocal microscopy correlations of a xanthogranuloma...
- Small cell melanoma and ulceration as predictors of positive sentinel lymph node in malignant melanoma patientsFrancisco A Cuéllar
Melanoma Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Melanoma Res 14:277-82. 2004..3-97.1%). The results of this study corroborated ulceration as a prognostic factor for SLN candidate selection and for the first time we have described small cell melanoma morphology as a significant factor associated with positive SLN...
- Dermoscopy of early recurrent basal cell carcinomaFrancisco Cuellar
Unidad de Dermatología Quirúrgica, Hospital Clinic, Institut de Investigacions Biomediques Cientifiques Agusti Pi I Suryer, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 144:1254. 2008
- Molecular characterization of a t(9;12)(p21;q13) balanced chromosome translocation in combination with integrative genomics analysis identifies C9orf14 as a candidate tumor-suppressorMiguel Angel Pujana
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Unit, Translational Research Laboratory, Catalan Institute of Oncology, IDIBELL, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:155-62. 2007..Taken together, our results indicate that C9orf14 is a candidate tumor-suppressor for nevus development and late stage melanoma at 9p21, a region frequently deleted in different types of human cancers...
- Dermoscopy in epidermodysplasia verruciformisSonia Segura
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, 170 Villaroel, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Dermatol Surg 32:103-6. 2006..Patients affected with EV are not able to eliminate oncogenic viruses within lesions, leading to a malignant transformation...
- Follow-up of melanocytic skin lesions with digital total-body photography and digital dermoscopy: a two-step methodJosep Malvehy
Dermatology Department, Melanoma Unit, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Dermatol 20:297-304. 2002
- Dermoscopy of venous stasis dermatitisPedro Zaballos
Hospital Sant Pau y Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 142:1526. 2006
- Antiproliferative effect of STI571 on cultured human cutaneous melanoma-derived cell linesMaritza E Mayorga
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Universitat de Lleida, Lleida, Spain
Melanoma Res 16:127-35. 2006..The identification of the target of STI571 in human cutaneous melanoma cells would allow the selection of patients who could benefit from this treatment...
- Dermoscopy of solitary angiokeratomas: a morphological studyPedro Zaballos
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:318-25. 2007....
- Seborrheic keratosislike melanoma with folliculotropismCristina Carrera
Melanoma Unit, Department of Dermatology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:373-6. 2007..Dermoscopic examination of pigmented tumors improves the diagnostic accuracy in these challenging lesions. In these tumors, numerous comedolike openings are present...
- Central white network: an additional dermoscopic feature for the diagnosis of dermatofibromaPedro Zaballos
Dermatology Department, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Dermatol Surg 31:960-2. 2005
- Dermoscopy of dermatofibromaSusana Puig
Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, and Hospital de Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 141:122. 2005
- Dermoscopy of molluscum contagiosumAna Morales
Dermatology Department, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Hospital Clinico IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 141:1644. 2005
- Dermoscopic findings of pilomatricomasPedro Zaballos
Dermatology Department, Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Dermatology 217:225-30. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, no specific dermoscopic criteria have been described in the medical literature for the diagnosis of pilomatricomas...
- Dermoscopy of disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosisPedro Zaballos
Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 140:1410. 2004
- Dermoscopy of sebaceous hyperplasiaPedro Zaballos
Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona and Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 141:808. 2005
- Dermoscopy of pigmented skin lesions: results of a consensus meeting via the InternetGiuseppe Argenziano
Department of Dermatology, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:679-93. 2003..There is a need for better standardization of the dermoscopic terminology in assessing pigmented skin lesions...
- [Temozolomide in patients with melanoma brain metastases treated with whole brain irradiation]Carlos Conill
Servicio de Oncología Radioterápica Hospital Clínic de Barcelona Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS Universidad de Barcelona Barcelona Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 122:413-5. 2004..Temozolomide (TMZ) displays efficacy for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Our objective was to evaluate the potential benefit of TMZ administered along with WBRT...
- [Radiation leukoencephalopathy. Clinical and radiological evolution]Carlos Conill
Med Clin (Barc) 123:437. 2004
- Dermoscopy of atypical dermatofibroma: central white networkPedro Zaballos
Hospital Sant Pau y Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 142:126. 2006
- Dermoscopic evaluation of amelanotic and hypomelanotic melanomaScott W Menzies
Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney Melanoma Diagnostic Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Arch Dermatol 144:1120-7. 2008..To determine the predictive dermoscopic features of amelanotic and hypomelanotic melanoma...
- Dermoscopy improves accuracy of primary care physicians to triage lesions suggestive of skin cancerGiuseppe Argenziano
Department of Dermatology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:1877-82. 2006..The aim of this randomized study was to determine whether the adjunct of dermoscopy to the standard clinical examination improves the accuracy of PCPs to triage lesions suggestive of skin cancer...
- Dermoscopy features of melanoma incognito: indications for biopsyGiuseppe Argenziano
Department of Dermatology at Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:508-13. 2007..Dermoscopy has been shown to increase the diagnostic accuracy of clinically equivocal lesions, but little is known about its ability to detect melanoma in the context of lesions that appear clinically benign...
- Nevus type in dermoscopy is related to skin type in white personsIris Zalaudek
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Arch Dermatol 143:351-6. 2007..Dermoscopic classification of acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) is based on the evaluation of 3 main criteria-global pattern, pigment distribution, and color...
- Cutaneous phenotype and MC1R variants as modifying factors for the development of melanoma in CDKN2A G101W mutation carriers from 4 countriesAlisa M Goldstein
Genetic Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Cancer 121:825-31. 2007..Differences in melanoma risk across geographic regions justify the need for individual studies in each country before counseling should be considered...
- Palmar basal cell carcinoma in a patient with Gorlin-Goltz syndromeHoracio Cabo
Arch Dermatol 143:813-4. 2007
- Dermoscopy of pyogenic granulomasPedro Zaballos
Hospital Sant Pau y Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 143:824. 2007
- In vivo reflectance confocal microscopy imaging of melanocytic skin lesions: consensus terminology glossary and illustrative imagesAlon Scope
Dermatology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10022, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:644-58. 2007..Reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM) has been used for over 10 years for in vivo skin imaging. However, to date no standard RCM terminology has been published...
- Ex vivo dermoscopy of melanocytic tumors: time for dermatopathologists to learn dermoscopyAlon Scope
Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 160 E 53rd St, New York, NY 10022, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:1548-52. 2007..Noncontact polarized dermoscopy was applied to pigmented lesions before excision and at least 6 hours after specimen fixation in formalin...
- Dermoscopy of lichenoid regressing solar lentiginesPedro Zaballos
Hospital Sant Pau y Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 144:284. 2008
- Time required for a complete skin examination with and without dermoscopy: a prospective, randomized multicenter studyIris Zalaudek
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 8, 8036 Graz, Austria
Arch Dermatol 144:509-13. 2008..To determine the time required to perform a complete skin examination (CSE) as a means of opportunistic screening for skin cancer both without and with dermoscopy...
- Long-term complete remission of cutaneous melanoma metastases in association with a folk remedyCristina Carrera
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:713-5. 2005
- The many faces of blue nevus: a clinicopathologic studyGerardo Ferrara
Pathologic Anatomy Service, Gaetano Rummo General Hospital, Benevento, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 34:543-51. 2007..In recent years, several histopathologic variants of blue nevus have been identified, whose clinical and dermoscopic correlates need further clarification...
- A single Mediterranean, possibly Jewish, origin for the Val59Gly CDKN2A mutation in four melanoma-prone familiesEmanuel Yakobson
Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Eur J Hum Genet 11:288-96. 2003..We conclude that the Val59Gly mutation is a major contributor to melanoma risk in the families under study and that it may derive from a single ancestral founder of Mediterranean (possibly Jewish) origin...
- Dermoscopy of pigmented purpuric dermatoses (lichen aureus): a useful tool for clinical diagnosisPedro Zaballos
Arch Dermatol 140:1290-1. 2004
- Dermoscopy of lichenoid regressing seborrheic keratosisPedro Zaballos
Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla, Tarragona, Spain
Arch Dermatol 142:410. 2006