- Development of novel catalytically active polymer-metal-nanocomposites based on activated foams and textile fibersBerta Domènech
Chemical Engineering Department, UPC, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, C Colom, 1, Terrassa, Barcelona, 08222, Spain
Nanoscale Res Lett 8:238. 2013..To evaluate the catalytic activity of the developed nanocomposites, a model catalytic reaction was carried out in batch experiments: the reduction of p-nitrophenol by sodium borohydride...
- Polymer-stabilized palladium nanoparticles for catalytic membranes: ad hoc polymer fabricationBerta Domènech
Department of Chemical Engineering, UPC, C Colom, 1, 08222 Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Nanoscale Res Lett 6:406. 2011..The catalytic efficiency of catalytic membranes was evaluated by following the reduction of p-nitrophenol in the presence of NaBH4...
- Characterization of fibrous polymer silver/cobalt nanocomposite with enhanced bactericide activityAmanda Alonso
Analytical Chemistry Unit, Department of Chemistry, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Langmuir 28:783-90. 2012..The nanocomposite also showed a good performance when applied to water samples from natural sources with more complex matrices with efficiencies always higher than 80%...
- Environmentally-safe bimetallic Ag@Co magnetic nanocomposites with antimicrobial activityAmanda Alonso
Department of Chemistry, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona UAB, Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:10464-6. 2011....
- Intermatrix synthesis: easy technique permitting preparation of polymer-stabilized nanoparticles with desired composition and structurePatricia Ruiz
Analytical Chemistry Division, Department of Chemistry, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Nanoscale Res Lett 6:343. 2011..The formation of NPs has been shown to proceed by not only the metal reduction reaction (e.g. Cu0-NPs) but also by the precipitation reaction resulting in the IMS of PSNPs of metal salts (e.g. CuS-NPs)...