Genomes and Genes
J M Luque
- Whole-mount confocal immunofluorescence of mammalian CNSJ M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, CSIC, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Campus de San Juan, E 03550 San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 6:129-33. 2001..Examples are shown of preparations in which colocalization can be observed in nerve cells of cytoskeletal and calcium-binding proteins...
- Localization of ApoER2, VLDLR and Dab1 in radial glia: groundwork for a new model of reelin action during cortical developmentJuan M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, CSIC, Campus de San Juan, E 03550, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 140:195-203. 2003..They are also consistent with a working model of reelin action, according to which reelin signaling on the newborn neuron-inherited radial process regulates perikaryal translocation and positioning...
- Neural stem cells and the quest for restorative neurologyJ M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez CSIC, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Histol Histopathol 19:271-80. 2004..A brief survey of current stem cell-based experimental literature tries to provide a realistic picture of how far we have gone in the quest to establish a restorative neurology...
- Integrin and the Reelin-Dab1 pathway: a sticky affair?Juan M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Campus de San Juan s n, E 03550 San Juan de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 152:269-71. 2004..This proposal however is hardly compatible with time-lapse anatomical investigations and genetic studies on integrin or with recent works which indicate direct reelin signalling to radial fibers...
- Puzzling out the reeler brainteaser: does reelin signal to unique neural lineages?Juan M Luque
Instituto de Neurociencias, UMH CSIC, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Brain Res 1140:41-50. 2007..I hereby submit a personal glimpse of reeler morphogenesis which embodies a testable hypothesis; namely, that reelin signals to unique neural lineages to regulate migration...
- Altered levels of cerebrospinal fluid reelin in frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseJavier Saez-Valero
Instituto de Neurociencias, UMH CSIC, Campus de San Juan, San Juan, Alicante, Spain
J Neurosci Res 72:132-6. 2003..7 +/- 6.7 arbitrary units; a.u.) and AD (151.4 +/- 3.8 a.u.) compared with control individuals (141.4 +/- 1.2 a.u., P < 0.05). Our results strongly suggest the involvement of reelin signaling in neurodegenerative pathologies...
- Reelin signaling directly affects radial glia morphology and biochemical maturationEva Hartfuss
Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Neuronal Specification, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Development 130:4597-609. 2003..Taken together, these results unravel a novel role of reelin signaling to radial glial cells that is crucial for the regulation of their Blbp content and characteristic morphology in a region-specific manner...