- [Horizons for Spanish respiratory medicine: reflections]Victoria Villena
, Universidad Complutense, Madrid,
Arch Bronconeumol 43:573-84. 2007
- Clinical implications of appearance of pleural fluid at thoracentesisVictoria Villena
Respiratory Service, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Chest 125:156-9. 2004..The aims of this study were to describe the different appearances of pleural fluid during thoracentesis and their frequency in relation to diagnosis, and to evaluate the causes and clinical implications of bloody pleural effusions...
- [Pleural mesothelioma: experience with 62 cases in 9 years]V Villena Garrido
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense Madrid, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 40:203-8. 2004..To describe the diagnostic approach, clinical and radiological characteristics, and survival of patients with pleural mesothelioma treated in our hospital over a 9-year period...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of pleural effusion]Victoria Villena Garrido
Arch Bronconeumol 42:349-72. 2006
- Amylase levels in pleural effusions: a consecutive unselected series of 841 patientsVictoria Villena
Respiratory Medicine Department, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Chest 121:470-4. 2002....
- Diagnostic value of CA 549 in pleural fluid. Comparison with CEA, CA 15.3 and CA 72.4Victoria Villena
Respiratory Medicine Department, Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Avda de Cordoba s n, Carretera de Andalucia Km 5 4, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Lung Cancer 40:289-94. 2003..3. Individual tumor markers or their combination increased the sensitivity of pleural cytology...
- Staging in lung cancer: is 3 cm a prognostic threshold in pathologic stage I non-small cell lung cancer? A multicenter study of 1,020 patientsAngel Lopez-Encuentra
Pneumolgy Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Chest 121:1515-20. 2002..Since 1974, a tumor size of 3 cm in diameter has been regarded as the prognostic threshold in the staging of bronchogenic carcinoma...
- Interferon gamma levels in pleural fluid for the diagnosis of tuberculosisVictoria Villena
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Am J Med 115:365-70. 2003..To assess the utility of interferon gamma levels, including identification of the best cutoff for the diagnosis of tuberculosis...
- Surgical lung cancer. Risk operative analysisAngel Lopez-Encuentra
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avenida Andalucía 5 4, Madrid 28041, Spain
Lung Cancer 44:327-37. 2004..To identify those variables that are associated with operative morbidity or mortality in cases of thoracotomy in lung cancer...
- The use of P63 immunohistochemistry for the identification of squamous cell carcinoma of the lungEsther Conde
Laboratorio de Dianas Terapeuticas, Centro Integral Oncologico Clara Campal, Hospital Universitario Madrid Sanchinarro, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e12209. 2010....
- Comparison between clinical and pathologic staging in 2,994 cases of lung cancerAngel Lopez-Encuentra
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Ann Thorac Surg 79:974-9; discussion 979. 2005..The objective of this paper is to compare these two staging methods in a series of 2,994 lung cancer cases operated on consecutively in Spain between 1993 and 1997...
- Prognostic value of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in 2994 cases of lung cancerAngel Lopez-Encuentra
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Crrta Andalucia 5 4, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:8-13. 2005..Given the frequent association between chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer (LC), the objective of this paper is to analyse the prognosis of this comorbidity...
- Heterogeneity of prognostic profiles in non-small cell lung cancer: too many variables but a few relevantAgustín Gómez De La Cámara
Unidad de Investigación Epidemiologia Clínica, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Avda Cordoba s n, 28041, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Epidemiol 20:907-14. 2005..Many prognostic factors, exceeding 150, for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) are mentioned in the literature. The different statistical weight of the some variables at issue, their heterogeneity and their clinical uselessness is reviewed...
- Comorbidity in operable lung cancer: a multicenter descriptive study on 2992 patientsAngel Lopez-Encuentra
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Ctta Andalucía 5 4, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Lung Cancer 35:263-9. 2002..To ascertain the frequency of diseases associated (comorbidity) with operable lung cancer (LC) globally, in relation to the presence of neoplastic clinical symptoms and age...
- Survival of 2,991 patients with surgical lung cancer: the denominator effect in survivalJosé Kuis Duque
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario, Madrid, Spain
Chest 128:2274-81. 2005..To evaluate the current staging system of lung cancer, taking into account different selection criteria for the studied population...
- Molecular context of the EGFR mutations: evidence for the activation of mTOR/S6K signalingEsther Conde
Lung Cancer Group, Spanish National Cancer Centre, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 12:710-7. 2006....
- Analysis of the molecular expression profile of non small cell lung carcinoma associated to chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseRicardo García-Luján
Department of Pneumology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avda Cordoba s n, Madrid, Spain
Histol Histopathol 24:417-23. 2009..26 (0.07-1.01). A significant lowest expression of membranous beta-catenin was detected in NSCLC of the patients with COPD...
- Previous tumour as a prognostic factor in stage I non-small cell lung cancerAngel Lopez-Encuentra
Pneumology Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avenida Córdoba s n 28041 Madrid, Spain
Thorax 62:386-90. 2007..The presence of specific comorbidities at the time of thoracotomy was registered prospectively...
- Accuracy of helical computed tomography and [18F] fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for identifying lymph node mediastinal metastases in potentially resectable non-small-cell lung cancerFrancisco Pozo-Rodríguez
Department of Pulmonology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Centro PET Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Oncol 23:8348-56. 2005..Our study was intended to estimate the efficacy of contrast-enhanced helical CT (hCT) and FDG-PET, alone and combined, in the diagnosis of lymph node mediastinal metastases...