- Effect of Gene-Mercury Interactions on Mercury Toxicokinetics and NeurotoxicitySabrina Llop
FISABIO UJI Universitat de València Joint Research Unit in Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Valencia, Spain
Curr Environ Health Rep 2:179-94. 2015..More research is highly warranted to clarify if there are vulnerable subgroups to mercury neurotoxicity in humans. ..
- Synergism between exposure to mercury and use of iodine supplements on thyroid hormones in pregnant womenSabrina Llop
FISABIO Universitat de València Universitat Jaume I Joint Research Unit of Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Av Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Environ Res 138:298-305. 2015....
- Exposure to mercury among Spanish preschool children: trend from birth to age fourSabrina Llop
Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research in the Valencian Region, FISABIO Public Health, Av Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Environ Res 132:83-92. 2014..The INMA study design allows the evaluation of the exposure to mercury longitudinally and enables this information to be used for biomonitoring purposes and dietary recommendations...
- Prenatal and postnatal insecticide use and infant neuropsychological development in a multicenter birth cohort studySabrina Llop
Centre for Public Health Research CSISP FISABIO, Av Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Environ Int 59:175-82. 2013..We found certain evidence about the adverse effect of using insecticide sprays during pregnancy on the psychomotor development of children. Some socio-demographic factors and other exposures could enhance that effect. ..
- [Current dietary exposure to mercury during pregnancy and childhood, and public health recommendations]Sabrina Llop
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Espana
Gac Sanit 27:273-8. 2013..These recommendations should be strengthened, since there is general consensus among all regional and national public administrations that fish is an essential source of nutrients for development in the early stages of life...
- Prenatal and postnatal residential usage of insecticides in a multicenter birth cohort in SpainSabrina Llop
Centre for Public Health Research CSISP, Av Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Sci Total Environ 445:273-80. 2013....
- [Trend in lead exposure in the Spanish child population in the last 20 years. An unrecognized example of health in all policies?]Sabrina Llop
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Valencia, España Ciber de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Espana
Gac Sanit 27:149-55. 2013..To describe the time trend in atmospheric lead concentrations in Spain, from before lead was banned as a gasoline additive to the present, and to determine the trend in lead body burden in the Spanish child population...
- Prenatal exposure to mercury and infant neurodevelopment in a multicenter cohort in Spain: study of potential modifiersSabrina Llop
Centre for Public Health Research, Valencia, Spain
Am J Epidemiol 175:451-65. 2012..09, 95% CI: -2.21, 0.03), although follow-up is required to confirm these results...
- Urinary 1-hydroxypyrene, air pollution exposure and associated life style factors in pregnant womenSabrina Llop
CIBER de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Spain
Sci Total Environ 407:97-104. 2008..1-hydroxypyrene could be a good marker of exposure to PAHs from tobacco and diet, and also a useful marker of short term exposure to air pollution...
- Concentrations and determinants of organochlorine levels among pregnant women in Eastern SpainSabrina Llop
Carlos III Health Institute ISCIII, 20220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Sci Total Environ 408:5758-67. 2010..PCB 153 levels increased with the intake of seafood. The levels of HCB, b-HCH, 4,4'-DDT, and 4,4'-DDE observed in this study were slightly higher than in other studies, whereas the PCB levels were similar...
- Preterm birth and exposure to air pollutants during pregnancySabrina Llop
Carlos III Health Institute, Madrid, Spain
Environ Res 110:778-85. 2010..The evidence to date, however, is insufficient to establish a direct causal link between such exposure and preterm delivery. This study evaluates the specific effect of prenatal exposure to NO(2) and benzene on preterm births...
- Prenatal exposure to lead in Spain: cord blood levels and associated factorsSabrina Llop
Centre of Public Health Research, Av Catalunya 21, 46020, Valencia, Spain
Sci Total Environ 409:2298-305. 2011..The present research was carried out within the framework of the INMA project INfancia y Medio Ambiente (Environment and Childhood)...
- Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: the INMA-Valencia project in SpainSabrina Llop
Unit of Environment and Health, Centre of Public Health Research CSISP, Valencia, Spain
Soc Sci Med 72:890-8. 2011..These subgroups also have a higher probability of being exposed to NO(2) levels over 40 μg/m(3), which is the annual limit for maximum safe exposure, as established by European Directive 2008/50/EC...
- Air pollution exposure during pregnancy and reduced birth size: a prospective birth cohort study in Valencia, SpainFerran Ballester
Center for Public Health Research CSISP, Conselleria de Sanitat, 46020, Valencia, Spain
Environ Health 9:6. 2010..The objective of this study was to assess the association between exposure to air pollution during pregnancy and anthropometric measures at birth in a cohort in Valencia, Spain...
- Prenatal exposure to organochlorine compounds and birth sizeMaria José Lopez-Espinosa
Centre for Public Health Research CSISP, Conselleria de Sanitat, Avda Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Pediatrics 128:e127-34. 2011....
- Prenatal Exposure to Polybrominated Flame Retardants and Fetal Growth in the INMA Cohort (Spain)Maria José Lopez-Espinosa
FISABIO Universitat Jaume I Universitat de València Joint Research Unit of Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Avenida de Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Environ Sci Technol 49:10108-16. 2015..In conclusion, PBDEs may impair fetal growth in late pregnancy and reduce birth size...
- Estimation of personal NO2 exposure in a cohort of pregnant womenCarmen Iñiguez
Centre Superior d Investigació en Salut Pública, Conselleria de Sanidad, Avenida Cataluña 21, Valencia, Spain
Sci Total Environ 407:6093-9. 2009..Considering periods shorter than the entire pregnancy will provide us the opportunity to identify specific windows of susceptibility...
- Gender differences in the neurotoxicity of metals in childrenSabrina Llop
Centre for Public Health Research CSISP FISABIO, Av Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Toxicology 311:3-12. 2013..More research is highly warranted about this matter. Environmental epidemiological studies should be designed to quantify differential gender-based exposures and outcomes, and this may provide new insights into prevention strategies. ..
- Association between thyroid hormone levels and 4,4'-DDE concentrations in pregnant women (Valencia, Spain)Maria José Lopez-Espinosa
Unit of Epidemiologic and Statistics, Valencian School of Health Studies, Conselleria de Sanidad, Juan de Garay 21, Valencia 46017, Spain
Environ Res 109:479-85. 2009..Several epidemiological studies have reported that some organochlorine compounds (OCs), such as polychlorobiphenyls (PCBs) and 1,1-dichloro-2,2-bis(4-chlorophenyl)ethylene (4,4'-DDE), may alter thyroid function...
- Indoor and outdoor air concentrations of BTEX and determinants in a cohort of one-year old children in Valencia, SpainAna Esplugues
Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, Doctor Aiguader, 88 1ª Planta, 8003 Barcelona, Spain
Sci Total Environ 409:63-9. 2010....
- Prenatal exposure to mercury in a prospective mother-infant cohort study in a Mediterranean area, Valencia, SpainRosa Ramón
CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Spain
Sci Total Environ 392:69-78. 2008..Some studies indicate that Mediterranean populations could be at risk of prenatal exposure to mercury through fish consumption...
- Polymorphisms in ABC transporter genes and concentrations of mercury in newborns--evidence from two Mediterranean birth cohortsSabrina Llop
Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research in the Valencian Region, FISABIO, Valencia, Spain Spanish Consortium for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e97172. 2014..The genetic background may influence methylmercury (MeHg) metabolism and neurotoxicity. ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters actively transport various xenobiotics across biological membranes...
- [Trends in environmental risks in the context of the economic crisis. SESPAS report 2014]Ferran Ballester
Departamento de Enfermeria, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, España Área de Investigación en Ambiente y Salud, Fundación para el Fomento de la Investigación Sanitaria y Biomédica de la Comunitat Valenciana FISABIO Salud Pública, Valencia, España Ciber de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, España Electronic address
Gac Sanit 28:51-7. 2014....
- [Studies conducted in Spain on concentrations in humans of persistent toxic compounds]Miquel Porta
Instituto Municipal de Investigacion Medica, Barcelona, España Ciber de Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Espana
Gac Sanit 22:248-66. 2008..The actual magnitude of human contamination by PTS and their trends across Spain -as well as the geographic and social heterogeneity- remain largely unknown...