J M Molina
Affiliation: Las Palmas
- Cross-reactive antigens of Haemonchus contortus adult worms in Teladorsagia circumcincta infected goatsJ M Molina
Departamento de Patología Animal Parasitología y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Grand Canary Island, Spain
Vet Res 30:393-9. 1999..However, peptides with high (195, 152 and 119 kDa) or low (23 kDa) molecular weight were only faintly recognized by heterologous sera...
- Immunoprotective effect of cysteine proteinase fractions from two Haemonchus contortus strains adapted to sheep and goatsJ M Molina
Unit of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Trasmontaña s n 35413 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
Vet Parasitol 188:53-9. 2012..This study suggests the possibility of exploring the mechanisms involved in natural protection against non-adapted strains, in order to develop strategies to control haemonchosis...
- Preliminary study on the use of a Teladorsagia circumcincta bulk milk ELISA test in dairy goats under experimental conditionsJ M Molina
Unit of Parasitology, Veterinary Faculty, University of Las Palmas de G C, Trasmontana s n, 35413 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
Vet Parasitol 166:228-34. 2009..circumcincta, the results suggest that it may be possible to use a crude O. ostertagi antigen-based ELISA for the detection of goats infected with T. circumcincta...
- Eprinomectin 'pour-on' and the shedding of Haemonchus contortus eggs in experimentally infected goatsJ M Molina
Unidad de Parasitologia, Facultad de Veterinaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Trasmontana s n, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
Aust Vet J 86:444-5. 2008..Faecal analysis showed that a single dose of eprinomectin 'pour-on' delayed the onset of shedding of eggs for 10 to 17 days...
- Persistent efficacy of doramectin against Haemonchus contortus in goatsJ M Molina
Unidad de Parasitologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Trasmontana s n, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas
Vet Rec 156:448-50. 2005
- Influence of climatic and management factors on Eimeria infections in goats from semi-arid zonesA Ruiz
Parasitology Area, Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 53:399-402. 2006..The highest OPG counts were recorded during the hot season in dairy goats and close to weaning time in kids reared in small farms having no prophylactic treatments against eimeriosis...
- Isolation of an Eimeria ninakohlyakimovae field strain (Canary Islands) and analysis of its infection characteristics in goat kidsA Ruiz
Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Res Vet Sci 94:277-84. 2013....
- IGM and IGG response to 29-35-kDa Toxoplasma gondii protein fractions in experimentally infected goatsM M Conde de Felipe
Parasitic Diseases Unit, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Las Palmas de G C, Trasmontaria s n, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
J Parasitol 93:701-3. 2007..gondii crude extract was used. The detection by ELISA of anti-T. gondii IgM in goats does not seem to be affected by the presence of specific IgG in serum samples when 29-35-kDa protein fractions were used as antigens...
- The prevalence of Dirofilaria immitis in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain (1994-1996)J A Montoya
Department of Internal Medicine and Parasitology, Veterinary Faculty, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria University, Canary Islands, Spain
Vet Parasitol 75:221-6. 1998..Chronological changes in the dog's prevalence for heartworm infection in the three consecutive years and the role of the epidemiological factors in the changes of the positive rates were evaluated...
- Seroprevalence of Trypanosoma evansi in dromedaries (Camelus dromedarius) from the Canary Islands (Spain) using an antibody Ab-ELISAJ M Molina
Departamento de Patologia Animal, Parasitologia y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Trasmontaña s n 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
Prev Vet Med 47:53-9. 1999..0 to 7.5% by island (not significantly different). Prevalence using Ab-ELISA was higher than that observed when a parasitological method (microscopic observation of blood smears) was used (1.3%)...
- Genetic variability in cysteine protease genes of Haemonchus contortusA Ruiz
Parasitology Unit, Department of Animal Pathology, Veterinary Faculty, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
Parasitology 128:549-59. 2004..Evidence of genetic variability in cysteine proteases from two different strains of H. contortus for the same set of genes had not been previously reported...