Affiliation: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Social economic costs and health-related quality of life in patients with degenerative cerebellar ataxia in SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
Planning and Evaluation Service, Canary Islands Health Service, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Mov Disord 23:212-7. 2008..Furthermore, the patients' quality of life, as determined by the EQ-5D questionnaire, was very low and substantially influenced by the degree of severity of SCA...
- Cost-effectiveness of donepezil in the treatment of mild or moderate Alzheimer's diseaseJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Islands Health Service, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 16:399-407. 2009..Incremental cost-effectiveness ratios vary according to the selected perspective. For the baseline scenario, donepezil treatment is cost-effective with a probability of 95% for a threshold efficiency of 25,000 euro/QALY...
- Spanish recommendations on economic evaluation of health technologiesJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Islands Health Services, CIBER Epidemiologia y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Spain, C Pérez de Rozas 5, 4th Floor, 38004 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 11:513-20. 2010....
- Health related quality of life of Canary Island citizensJuan Oliva-Moreno
University Castilla La Mancha, Cobertizo de San Pedro Mártir s n, 45071 Toledo, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:675. 2010..The aim of the study was to describe the health-related quality of life of Canarian population using information from the Canary Island Health Survey and three observational studies developed in the Canary Islands...
- [The social and economic cost of diabetes mellitus]J Lopez Bastida
Servicio del Plan de Salud, Investigación y Evaluación de Tecnologías Servicio Canario de Salud Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain
Aten Primaria 29:145-50. 2002..To evaluate the economic impact in terms of the direct costs (health care costs) and the indirect costs (effects on production caused by mortality and morbidity) of diabetes mellitus (DM) in the Canary Islands (Spain) during 1998...
- Cost of illness and economic evaluation in rare diseasesJulio Lopez-Bastida
Canary Islands Health Service, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 38004, Spain
Adv Exp Med Biol 686:273-82. 2010....
- The challenge of colorectal cancer prevention in SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Service, Canary Islands Health Service, Canary Islands, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 10:S75-83. 2010..Overall, Spain is aware of the issues raised by CRC oncology management and has acted to improve patient outcomes, adding screening to its arsenal will further impact survival rates...
- The economic costs and health-related quality of life of people with HIV/AIDS in the Canary Islands, SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Island Health Service, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 9:55. 2009..The objective was to determine the economic burden, as well as the impact on HRQOL for people with HIV/AIDS in Spain in 2003...
- Social economic costs and health-related quality of life in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Service, Canary Islands Health Service, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 10:237-43. 2009..The patients' HRQoL was very low and substantially influenced by the degree of severity of ALS...
- Sensitivity and specificity of digital retinal imaging for screening diabetic retinopathyJ Lopez-Bastida
Evaluation and Planning Unit, Canary Islands Health Service, Canary Islands, Spain
Diabet Med 24:403-7. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of a non-mydriatic digital camera (45 degrees -30 degrees photographs) compared with the reference method for screening diabetic retinopathy...
- Social-economic costs and quality of life of Alzheimer disease in the Canary Islands, SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
Planning and Evaluation Unit, Canary Health Service, Spain
Neurology 67:2186-91. 2006..To examine the economic burden (direct and indirect costs) of Alzheimer disease (AD) and to analyze the impact on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) for patients with AD and caregivers in 2001 in the Canary Islands, Spain...
- The economic costs of traffic accidents in SpainJulio López Bastida
Servicio de Evaluación y Planificación, Servicio Canario de Salud, Canary Islands, Spain
J Trauma 56:883-8; discussion 888-9. 2004..This study aimed to evaluate the economic impact of traffic accidents in Spain during 1997...
- [Socioeconomic costs of cardiovascular disease and cancer in the Canary Islands (Spain) in 1998]J Lopez-Bastida
Servicio de Evaluación y Planificación Servicio Canario de Salud, Spain
Gac Sanit 17:210-7. 2003..To evaluate the economic impact in terms of direct and indirect costs of the cardiovascular disease and cancer in the Canary Islands in 1998...
- [Cost analysis and potential savings related to the use of preoperative tests in the hospitals of the Canary Islands [Spain]]J Lopez-Bastida
Dirección del Servicio Canario de Salud Servicio Canario de Salud Santa Cruz de Tenerife España
Gac Sanit 17:131-6. 2003..To estimate the potential cost savings that might take place in the Canary Islands Health Service (CHS) through the appropriate scientific use of preoperative tests, using information obtained from five public university hospitals...
- Social economic costs and health-related quality of life in patients with systemic sclerosis in SpainJulio Lopez-Bastida
University of Castilla La Mancha, Talavera de la Reina, Toledo, Spain, and Red de Investigación en Servicios Sanitarios en Enfermedades, CRONICAS, Spain
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 66:473-80. 2014..The aim of this study was to determine the economic burden from a societal perspective and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc; scleroderma) in Spain...
- Diagnostic accuracy of immunochemical versus guaiac faecal occult blood tests for colorectal cancer screeningAdolfo Parra-Blanco
Department of Gastroenterology, Canary Islands Health System, University Hospital of Canary Islands, Ofra s n, La Laguna, 38320, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
J Gastroenterol 45:703-12. 2010..This study was performed to compare the accuracy of a sensitive immunochemical test with the guaiac test for detecting significant neoplasia (advanced adenomas and CRC) in an average-risk population...