Affiliation: Las Palmas
- Estrogens regulate the hepatic effects of growth hormone, a hormonal interplay with multiple fatesLeandro Fernandez-Perez
Oncology Molecular and Translational Endocrinology Group, Clinical Sciences Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, Associate Unit of University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Biomedical Institute Alberto Sols CSIC, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 4:66. 2013..A better understanding of estrogen-GH interplay in liver will lead to improved therapy of children with growth disorders and of adults with GH deficiency...
- Influence of neonatal hypothyroidism on hepatic gene expression and lipid metabolism in adulthoodRuymán Santana-Farré
Department of Clinical Sciences, Molecular and Translational Endocrinology Group, University of Las Palmas de GC Cancer Research Institute of The Canary Islands, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e37386. 2012..This highlights the critical role that a euthyroid state during development plays on normal liver physiology in adulthood...
- Constitutive gene expression profile segregates toxicity in locally advanced breast cancer patients treated with high-dose hyperfractionated radical radiotherapyLuis Alberto Henríquez Hernández
Canary Foundation of Investigation and Health, Spain
Radiat Oncol 4:17. 2009..Prospective studies with higher number of patients are needed to validate these preliminary results...
- Exploring hepatic hormone actions using a compilation of gene expression profilesNina Ståhlberg
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Physiol 5:8. 2005....
- Hormonal and nutritional regulation of alternative CD36 transcripts in rat liver--a role for growth hormone in alternative exon usageLouisa Cheung
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Mol Biol 8:60. 2007..Since alternative transcription start sites have been described in murine and human Cd36, we investigated whether alternative CD36 transcripts are differentially regulated in rat liver during these conditions...
- Steroid binding sites in liver membranes: interplay between glucocorticoids, sex steroids, and pituitary hormonesL Fernandez-Perez
Molecular Endocrinology Group, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria Canary Institute for Cancer Research, Spain
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 109:336-43. 2008....
- The effect of in vivo growth hormone treatment on blood gene expression in adults with growth hormone deficiency reveals potential biomarkers to monitor growth hormone therapyL Fernandez-Perez
Department of Clinical Sciences, Molecular and Translational Endocrinology Group, University of Las Palmas de GC, Canary Islands, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 72:800-6. 2010..As GH receptors are expressed in certain blood cell types, changes in gene expression in peripheral blood can reflect perturbations induced as a result of GH therapy...
- Role of pituitary hormones on 17alpha-ethinylestradiol-induced cholestasis in ratL A Henríquez-Hernández
Molecular Endocrinology Group, Department of Clinical Science, University of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria, Spain
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:695-705. 2007..The observation that the pharmacological effects of estrogen in liver differ in the absence or presence of the pituitary could be clinically relevant, because different drugs that block actions of pituitary hormones are now available...